PDA

View Full Version : Jauron needs to end the QB issue.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2006, 09:03 AM
I apologize in advance for my frustration.

Losman's draft class was the best in years. Manning, Rivers, Roth, Losman and Schaub. Every player has been considered a positive except Losman. We are the only team that has completely mismanaged the situation.

This is not Dick Jaurons fault. MM and TD royally screwed up. Matter-of-fact TD was so good at moving around in the drafts to get overerated players maybe he could have moved up 2 spots to get Big Ben. Anway I regress. Point is that Dick needs to fix this.

I am not going a whole season with a QB controversy. Unless there is a true competition between Nall and Losman the fans lose out. Why is there a QB contoversy that involves a 33 year old, weak armed, career backup. I'd rather have 10 guys in camp looking for the right one than having Holcomb in the mix.

Jauron needs to fix this. Having Holcomb demoted to #3 as soon as Nall is healthy enough is the answer. I know some of you are not going to like this but it is ridiculous to think Holcomb can win you 10 or 11 games. He flat out can't. PERIOD.

Time for the Bills to fix this. I refuse to spend another season listening to Holcomb in a QB controversy. Coughlin handled the *****ing in NY with Manning vs. Warner and the team benefited the following year. Jauron can do the same.

patmoran2006
08-03-2006, 09:05 AM

Losman's draft class was the best in years. Manning, Rivers, Roth, Losman and Schaub. Every player has been considered a positive except Losman. We are the only team that has completely mismanaged the situation.

This is not Dick Jaurons fault. MM and TD royally screwed up. Matter-of-fact TD was so good at moving around in the drafts to get overerated players maybe he could have moved up 2 spots to get Big Ben. Anway I regress. Point is that Dick needs to fix this.

I am not going a whole season with a QB controversy. Unless there is a true competition between Nall and Losman the fans lose out. Why is there a QB contoversy that involves a 33 year old, weak armed, career backup. I'd rather have 10 guys in camp looking for the right one than having Holcomb in the mix.

Jauron needs to fix this. Having Holcomb demoted to #3 as soon as Nall is healthy enough is the answer. I know some of you are not going to like this but it is ridiculous to think Holcomb can win you 10 or 11 games. He flat out can't. PERIOD.

Time for the Bills to fix this. I refuse to spend another season listening to Holcomb in a QB controversy. Coughlin handled the *****ing in NY with Manning vs. Warner and the team benefited the following year. Jauron can do the same.
Excellent post.. Right on the money

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2006, 09:09 AM
Why is there a QB contoversy that involves a 33 year old, weak armed, career backup.

Because JP hasn't played well enough to show everyone that he is better than a weak armed 33 year old career backup.

gr8slayer
08-03-2006, 09:13 AM
I somehow doubt that Holcomb is the starter. Jauron has to say that J.P. is going to have to earn it to get the media and the handful of Holcomb fans off his ass, but he knows who is the better of the two.

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
JP needs to prove to the team that he's better. If they hand him the job, we will be going down the same road as last year.

The best players play.

justasportsfan
08-03-2006, 09:16 AM
It's a little harder when fans like us want to win now. If we are willing to suffer and not b!tch if we lose then start Losman or Nall for the future while lose in the meantime. I doubt Marv and Dick think the fans are willing to go through that. If we even lose against the Pats, I'm almost sure fans will want their heads on a platter. It's almost like that now for some fans based on off season moves.

Historian
08-03-2006, 09:18 AM
"When you start listening to the fans...you end up sitting next to them."

-Marv Levy, 1995.

patmoran2006
08-03-2006, 09:22 AM
"When you start listening to the fans...you end up sitting next to them."

-Marv Levy, 1995.
I love that quote

Jan Reimers
08-03-2006, 10:19 AM
You're exactly right, HH. JP is certainly our best bet at QB.

I can't even figure out why the JP bashers want Holcomb to start. They obviously CAN'T believe he's the answer long term. But if he's the best QB now, as they feel, and he's likely to win us a few more games than JP (which they think), that will knock us out of the fabled "Brady Quinn Lottery."

HHURRICANE
08-03-2006, 10:44 AM
JP needs to prove to the team that he's better. If they hand him the job, we will be going down the same road as last year.

The best players play.

Was Manning better than Warner when they gave him the job? No.

I believe Warners numbers were better than Mannings last years as well. But Manning is developing and that's why you play him.

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 10:46 AM
I somehow doubt that Holcomb is the starter. Jauron has to say that J.P. is going to have to earn it to get the media and the handful of Holcomb fans off his ass, but he knows who is the better of the two.

Agreed but for the betterment of the team from a 'get ready to play' standpoint, I don't let this go past the first preseason game.

Patrick76777
08-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Was Manning better than Warner when they gave him the job? No.

I believe Warners numbers were better than Mannings last years as well. But Manning is developing and that's why you play him.

His name is Manning!

If we had JP Manning, I'd never bench him.

LtBillsFan66
08-03-2006, 11:03 AM
If JP looked good, there would be no QB issue.

Philagape
08-03-2006, 11:10 AM
The more reps JP gets, the faster he'll improve.

While JP hasn't "clearly" been the better QB, neither has Holcomb. If a 33-year-old veteran can't beat out an inconsistent developing prospect, what good is he?
So if one can't beat out the other, if each one has weaknesses, if each one can do things the other can't, do you choose the QB who's on the way up or the one on the way down?

Earthquake Enyart
08-03-2006, 11:10 AM
I don't want Holcomb to start.

But I don't want JP to start unless he looks better than Holcomb.

Jan Reimers
08-03-2006, 11:11 AM
The point is, Eli Manning got to play, even though Warner was a far more accomplished QB at the time. Hell, Warner was a former All-Pro and SB winner, and Coughlin still bit the bullet, put up with some horrible play, and weathered the fan and media complaining.

Eli has now started 3 times as many games as JP and while STILL not a great NFL QB, he is coming along. JP needs the same kind of opportunity.

Philagape
08-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Who should start in SF, Alex Smith or Dilfer? Smith was even worse than JP last year, while Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring. But the 49ers know that prospects need to play ... THAT'S THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW WHAT THEY CAN DO.

madness
08-03-2006, 12:31 PM

Shut your mouth, we all know who should be the starting QB on this team...

Bill Cody
08-03-2006, 12:37 PM

So simple yet so difficult for the simple minded to grasp. That's what the Bills will do. Although personally I think they should hand JP the job either way because it's the only cure for Lossmania.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2006, 02:43 PM
The point is, Eli Manning got to play, even though Warner was a far more accomplished QB at the time. Hell, Warner was a former All-Pro and SB winner, and Coughlin still bit the bullet, put up with some horrible play, and weathered the fan and media complaining.

Eli has now started 3 times as many games as JP and while STILL not a great NFL QB, he is coming along. JP needs the same kind of opportunity.

Really, do I need to say more. Somebody gets it!!

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 03:02 PM

It can't be put much better than that.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 04:14 PM

Excellent post!!! :bf1:

ICE74129
08-03-2006, 04:20 PM
Excellent post!!! :bf1:

The one problem is I don't see DJ haveing the testicular fortitude to do that. Look at his QB rotation in Chicago and this joke of a QB competition. He just doesnt' have the guts to do what Tom did in NY

YardRat
08-03-2006, 06:01 PM

Can we be objective for a moment?

Manning, although he probably will turn into a decent starting QB, still hasn't proven that he's a long term solution in New York. His performance during the Giants push for the play-offs last year was very Dilfer-esque, if not worse. This will be the year where he really proves if he's in the NFL for the long run.

Rivers is an unknown who could crash and burn in a second and have Chargers fans screaming for front office heads for getting rid of Brees.

Big Ben...A Super Bowl ring...can't dispute that.

Schaub will never see the field unless Vick is injured...another QB with potential at this point, but little else.

Losman...potential for the future, dismal performances for the most part when he did play.

One proven winner...one possible star with 'potential'...three unkowns that could go either way. It's way too early to judge this draft class of QB's and proclaim them anything but 'to be determined', let alone 'the best in years'.

HHURRICANE
08-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Can we be objective for a moment?

Manning, although he probably will turn into a decent starting QB, still hasn't proven that he's a long term solution in New York. His performance during the Giants push for the play-offs last year was very Dilfer-esque, if not worse. This will be the year where he really proves if he's in the NFL for the long run.

Rivers is an unknown who could crash and burn in a second and have Chargers fans screaming for front office heads for getting rid of Brees.

Big Ben...A Super Bowl ring...can't dispute that.

Schaub will never see the field unless Vick is injured...another QB with potential at this point, but little else.

Losman...potential for the future, dismal performances for the most part when he did play.

One proven winner...one possible star with 'potential'...three unkowns that could go either way. It's way too early to judge this draft class of QB's and proclaim them anything but 'to be determined', let alone 'the best in years'.

Objective? Absolutely. Losman has rec'd the worst rap out of the five. Is that objective enough? Considering he has 8 starts i can't believe the abuse in the media.

YardRat
08-03-2006, 10:08 PM
Objective? Absolutely. Losman has rec'd the worst rap out of the five. Is that objective enough? Considering he has 8 starts i can't believe the abuse in the media.

He's played worse than the other four up to this point. He's earned some of the abuse.

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2006, 06:50 AM
The one problem is I don't see DJ haveing the testicular fortitude to do that. Look at his QB rotation in Chicago and this joke of a QB competition. He just doesnt' have the guts to do what Tom did in NY
DJ has shown that he has the testicular fortitude to play the player who he thinks can best win the game. He wasn't afraid to go against his GM and play Jim Miller and keep McNown on the bench.

jamze132
08-04-2006, 09:47 AM
It's a little harder when fans like us want to win now. If we are willing to suffer and not b!tch if we lose then start Losman or Nall for the future while lose in the meantime. I doubt Marv and Dick think the fans are willing to go through that. If we even lose against the Pats, I'm almost sure fans will want their heads on a platter. It's almost like that now for some fans based on off season moves.
We are not going to win with Holcomb.

jamze132
08-04-2006, 09:52 AM
Let's give Jauron the benefit of the doubt. It's his second chance and I am sure he learned from his previous experiences. Besides, he now has Levy to fall back on for advice. I think they will make a decision and stick with it.

jamze132
08-04-2006, 09:54 AM
I agree. Mularkey and Donahoe really screwed this kid up. But I think that Levy and Jauron will get him back in the saddle.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:54 AM
He's played worse than the other four up to this point. He's earned some of the abuse.

Really? compare Eli and JP's stats for their first 8 starts. JP wins. JP got screwed, Eli had a strong and smart HC. Look at where both are now.

End of discussion

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:55 AM
DJ has shown that he has the testicular fortitude to play the player who he thinks can best win the game. He wasn't afraid to go against his GM and play Jim Miller and keep McNown on the bench.

No he hasn't. He showed he has none at all to this point. A good coach does what Cowher and caughlin did. Not have some farce of a QB competition.

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 09:59 AM
We are not going to win with Holcomb.I know that. But if JP can't beat Holcomb, we won't be winning with JP either.

I don't like Holcomb as our starter. I'd more more disappointed in JP than pissed at Holcomb if JP can't win the job.

Earthquake Enyart
08-04-2006, 10:17 AM
No he hasn't. He showed he has none at all to this point. A good coach does what Cowher and caughlin did. Not have some farce of a QB competition.
:rolleyes:

He's not going to make the same mistake Mullarkey made and annoint a starter.

Philagape
08-04-2006, 11:04 AM
:rolleyes:

He's not going to make the same mistake Mullarkey made and annoint a starter.

If no one QB stands out, what choice does he have?.