• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Ejamacated Guesses - That's All We're Doing

Haven't even played a pre-season game yet. New Staff, significant roster turnover, new schemes.

I don't expect much this year but making definitive comments concerning the roster and final record is foolish. Haven't even made the first cut yet.

How can anyone actually know what we have when the Offense and Defense haven't played anyone yet ? You know the schemes on Offense and Defense ? The exact playcalling ? Nope.

Riding the emotional roller coaster each day is quite entertaining " Losman sucks...wait...no he doesn't ...wait... yes he does...wait...was that the 2nd team line he was behind ? Wait....he's great....wait....he's no Brady Quinn..Quick, take a poll !"

It goes on and on. LOL. I'm glad I never served with many of you, when I was in the Military. Many would have surrendered to a fencepost in the first hour of war.

Training camp is a gradual process of work and hopefully improvement. Check out Mikeys reports and Chris Browns blog for good commentary. But let the pre-season and the development of a roster under a brand new Head Coach run it's course. I just wish to see us go in the right direction this year, while the roster continues to be tweeked.

It's all a guess as of August 4th. Drew Bledsoe and Rob Johnson were two of the greatest practice players I ever saw. Then came the real games and the results were mixed and many times a big letdown. This applies to all positions.

Right now, we just don't know. Those who try to tell us otherwise come across as an .
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Ejamacated Guesses - That's All We're Doing

That's why we all need to support the team and not spew off this BS about them being horrible and lucky to win 4 games. It's way to early to tell what you have.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
        That's why we all need to support the team and not spew off this BS about them being horrible and lucky to win 4 games. It's way to early to tell what you have.
        no, it's not.

It's way too early to say for sure how many games this team is going to win, that's true.

But it's not too early to say whether the team looks good or bad. There's no guarantee of correctness, but anyone who knows a little about football can make reasonable predictions at this point.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
          It goes on and on. LOL. I'm glad I never served with many of you, when I was in the Military. Many would have surrendered to a fencepost in the first hour of war.
          your post was good except for this line. Just because someone thinks a football team looks bad doesn't mean they just give up easily in real life. I don't know why people here seem to think it's appropriate to extrapolate other people's attitudes about a football team that's been a disappointment for a decade into every aspect of their personal life.

I don't recall anyone saying that the Bills shouldn't try this year- only that we as fans shouldn't expect much.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            your post was good except for this line. Just because someone thinks a football team looks bad doesn't mean they just give up easily in real life. I don't know why people here seem to think it's appropriate to extrapolate other people's attitudes about a football team that's been a disappointment for a decade into every aspect of their personal life.

I don't recall anyone saying that the Bills shouldn't try this year- only that we as fans shouldn't expect much.
            I expect to win every game until the clock/scoreboard tells us different. I learned along time ago to expect to be suprised. I thought it was going to be terrible and I wouldn't like something and darn if it wasn't the greatest.
            I guess that comes in past the ripe old age of 27.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
              I expect to win every game until the clock/scoreboard tells us different. I learned along time ago to expect to be suprised. I thought it was going to be terrible and I wouldn't like something and darn if it wasn't the greatest.
              I guess that comes in past the ripe old age of 27.
              were you following the Bills or some other team? I recall very few times when the Bills surprised me by winning games that they were supposed to lose and a whole ton of times when they blew it.

The players should expect to win every game- they have to because it's their job. It's unreasonable for us as fans to have that expectation.

Take the first game of the year. It's a road game where we typically struggle, in NE's house where they typically play well. We're going up against the best coach in the game, with a new coach who's installing new systems on both sides of the ball. They've had a lot less turnover than we have and are much more stable at some key positions (ie, quarterback). Does this mean we're definitely going to lose? No, but the odds are definitely NOT in our favor. We're fans so we're going to HOPE for a win. But to EXPECT one against all those odds is just not realistic. It's like expecting to win the lotto.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
              X