X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

Carucci's Thoughts on JP...

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

"I'm having second thoughts about my opinion that Losman simply might not have what it takes to be an effective starter in the NFL. I'm not saying I have completely changed my mind or that I am even declaring Losman as the winner of the No. 1 spot. Visions of him making repeated poor decisions and melting down a year ago are still fresh in my mind. He still has to show me plenty in the preseason in order for me to be absolutely convinced that he can reach the promise that convinced the previous Bills regime to make him a first-round draft pick in 2004. But when you watch Losman in practice, there is something about his performance that offers encouragement that he is making some progress. It isn't just that a good number of his throws look sharp and crisp, and that he seems to be making the right decisions most of the time. It isn't just that he seems less quick to pull the ball down and run as he did in those many panicky moments he showed last summer and during the season. Losman just seems to be carrying himself more like a professional quarterback. When he performs well, he points out that he needs to do that practice after practice and game after game before it can be considered a trend. He's also showing -- dare I say it? -- a sense of leadership. Losman's biggest mistake to date was refusing to accept a leadership role. That isn't an option for a quarterback."
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: Carucci's Thoughts on JP...

Good news. Maybe he'll settle in after the first week of camp and the lightbulbs will start turning on.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

And Vic continues his damage control from predicting Nall would win the job, about 2-3 months back.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

I'll accept that.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
          The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
          • Feb 2005

Please God, Let this be the begining of the end of this QB controversy charade!
          In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• mayotm
            • Jul 2003

This positive spin coming from a guy that has blasted JP in the past. This is good news.

Comment

• Patti120
              • Aug 2004

Please lord, keep it up JP!

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                And Vic continues his damage control from predicting Nall would win the job, about 2-3 months back.
                I don't think it's damage control. He's got an easy out with that prediction with the injury.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

that's why people should give others the "benefit of a doubt". Too late, Carucci's is nothing but a bandwagon jumper.
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• JoeMama
                    Emotion Sickness
                    • Oct 2002

Vic Carucci has been ultra-critical of JP Losman the past few years.

The fact that he'd backtrack & suggest he could've been wrong is a sign that Losman must be doing something right.

Some notes that stood out as major positives to me...

"I'm having second thoughts about my opinion that Losman simply might not have what it takes to be an effective starter in the NFL."

"But when you watch Losman in practice, there is something about his performance that offers encouragement that he is making some progress. It isn't just that a good number of his throws look sharp and crisp, and that he seems to be making the right decisions most of the time. It isn't just that he seems less quick to pull the ball down and run as he did in those many panicky moments he showed last summer and during the season. Losman just seems to be carrying himself more like a professional quarterback."

"He's also showing -- dare I say it? -- a sense of leadership."
                    Disclaimer: The sentiment expressed in this post is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                      • Jul 2002

the difference between this years camp and last years is that JP could afford to just throw the ball out there last year without any concerns because no matter how bad his decisions were, the job was his.

This year, he has to fight for the job.
                      sacrifice1
                      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jeff1220
                        H to the 12:20
                        • Jul 2002

Crowell. McGahee. Losman. Fairchild. That entire article is pretty encouraging!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

For people like us, the organization drafted him, and for people like us, the organization benched him too early. People like us knew, that he needed time to gel with the O, and learn from his mistakes, but we pushed the damn panic button too soon. Now, let the kid play the game, the staff make their work and lets support our beloved team. Let's go Bills, let's go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by The last buffalo fan
                            For people like us, the organization drafted him, and for people like us, the organization benched him too early. People like us knew, that he needed time to gel with the O, and learn from his mistakes, but we pushed the damn panic button too soon. Now, let the kid play the game, the staff make their work and lets support our beloved team. Let's go Bills, let's go Buffalo!!!!!!!!!
                            For some of us, they started him too early. Can't get benched too early if you're not starting to begin with
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Great article! I will say that I have seen the same thing out of Losman. He looks like a leader out there and is doing a good job commanding in the huddle. He also is showing that he is learning about stepping up in the pocket. I've yet to see him run when he should stay in the pocket and try to throw it. I also think he's gotten better on his short passes too. Sometimes he does have bad days though. Let's hope that he can keep it up with the good days.

Comment

Working...
                              X