PDA

View Full Version : So how'd it go tonight?

BidsJr
08-03-2006, 09:28 PM
See Mikey's back. Lets hope our boys had another strong performance.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I didn't take notes. It was raining off and on, and they the clouds opened up and it started pouring for the last half hour. :ill:

I'm soaked. But I did get Larry Tripplett's glove. :snicker:

Michael82
08-03-2006, 09:49 PM
I know I'm a JPD member and all, but Holcomb actually had a good day at times. I was actually impressed with some of his longer passes. JP Losman was off a bit during some passing plays, but picked it up in the 7-on-7 drills. He nailed a lot of the short passes and even some long bombs to Andre Davis and Peerless Price. Oh and it didn't help that he was getting a lot of pressure on him. The backup OL really sucks. :ill:

ZacGriffi~82
08-03-2006, 09:55 PM
I went. Losman was basically perfect on the 7 on 7 until the redzone. His biggest problem was there was a few plays where he couldn't find anyone open. He got frustrated and shouted "****" one time. Holcomb made a couple of pretty bonehead decisions. If there were a full D-line there a few of his passes would have been batted down.

RBs- I was really impressed. McGahee showed some blazing speed. A-train had a nice play where he caught the ball in the flat, juked the defender and ran for an extra 10. Lionel Gates had a nice catch about 15 yards down field. He showed great speed out of the backfield and blew past the defender.

WR- Three stuck out to me. Nance, Smith, and Aiken all had a number of nice grabs.
----

I couldn't see much of the 11 on 11 so i'll let Mikey comment on that.

Goobylal
08-03-2006, 09:59 PM
It was raining during practice, right? That always throws stuff off. For all the talk about playing football in rain, snow, etc., give me a clear day, be it hot or cold, ANYTIME!

ZacGriffi~82
08-03-2006, 10:01 PM
It was raining during practice, right? That always throws stuff off. For all the talk about playing football in rain, snow, etc., give me a clear day, be it hot or cold, ANYTIME!

There was a good hour and 15 minutes without rain.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Agreed. I think that JP and some of the receivers had problems with the wet balls. During the passing drills, the receivers couldn't catch a cold. :ill: But Sam Aiken did make a couple great catches today. So did Andre Davis. :up:

Michael82
08-03-2006, 10:03 PM
There was a good hour and 15 minutes without rain.
hour and 15 minutes? I don't know if I'd go that far. I'd say it didn't rain at all for about an hour of the practice. The rest, it either rained a lot, or rained lightly off and on.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 10:06 PM
I went. Losman was basically perfect on the 7 on 7 until the redzone. His biggest problem was there was a few plays where he couldn't find anyone open. He got frustrated and shouted "****" one time. Holcomb made a couple of pretty bonehead decisions. If there were a full D-line there a few of his passes would have been batted down.

RBs- I was really impressed. McGahee showed some blazing speed. A-train had a nice play where he caught the ball in the flat, juked the defender and ran for an extra 10. Lionel Gates had a nice catch about 15 yards down field. He showed great speed out of the backfield and blew past the defender.

WR- Three stuck out to me. Nance, Smith, and Aiken all had a number of nice grabs.
----

I couldn't see much of the 11 on 11 so i'll let Mickey comment on that.
Damn, I didn't know you were there. I was standing in front of the chain fence, next to the stadium seats at the bottom. i only had the black rail blocking my view and the occasional people walking by. :up:

ZacGriffi~82
08-03-2006, 10:11 PM
I was at the end of the stadium towards the food. Both the deep ball drill and 7 on 7 were coming right at me which was cool, but i couldn't see much of the 11 on 11.

The last buffalo fan
08-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Damn, I didn't know you were there. I was standing in front of the chain fence, next to the stadium seats at the bottom. i only had the black rail blocking my view and the occasional people walking by. :up:

No problem man, thanks anyway. :up:

The last buffalo fan
08-03-2006, 10:16 PM

----

I couldn't see much of the 11 on 11 so i'll let Mikey comment on that.

You can always trust a bills fan!!! :bf1: Thanks.

Goobylal
08-03-2006, 10:18 PM
The Bills are gonna have to cut a good WR or 3. Man.

ZacGriffi~82
08-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I really see Smith sticking around.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
The Bills are gonna have to cut a good WR or 3. Man.
yeah they are. I don't see Nance lasting on the practice squad either. So if they want him, they gotta sign to the team. That probably sends Jonathan Smith on his way. And I think George Wilson or Andre Davis is gone too depending on who does better in the preseason.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 10:26 PM
I really see Smith sticking around.
I don't.

ZacGriffi~82
08-03-2006, 10:32 PM
I don't.

He's never gotten a fair shot, everytime he gets on the field he makes something happen. He has special team ability too.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 10:41 PM
He's never gotten a fair shot, everytime he gets on the field he makes something happen. He has special team ability too.
yeah, but we got too many short, quick receivers. We need more big ones. IMO this is who stays....

Lee Evans
Peerless Price
Josh Reed
Roscoe Parrish
Sam Aiken (he's been great and is big)
Martin Nance or George Wilson

ZacGriffi~82
08-03-2006, 10:45 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see us keep 7.

Mr. Miyagi
08-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Trade one or 2 away for a late pick.

Michael82
08-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Oh yeah, one interesting thing that I noticed. It appeared that they wanted to save Brian Moorman's leg for a change during a special teams drill and didn't want to use either of the kickers. Anyways what they did was had Kliff Kingsbury stand there and air it out. He kept going back to pass and would throw a 40 or 50 yard bomb that had a ton of airtime like a punt. And then the returners would catch them and return them.

ZacGriffi~82
08-03-2006, 11:55 PM
Oh yeah, one interesting thing that I noticed. It appeared that they wanted to save Brian Moorman's leg for a change during a special teams drill and didn't want to use either of the kickers. Anyways what they did was had Kliff Kingsbury stand there and air it out. He kept going back to pass and would throw a 40 or 50 yard bomb that had a ton of airtime like a punt. And then the returners would catch them and return them.

Yeah, that has to be kind of degrading.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Yeah, that has to be kind of degrading.
:rofl: It was like...we don't give a **** about overusing your arm. So just throw these long balls and shut up. :snicker:

LifetimeBillsFan
08-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Not a bad summer job considering what he's getting paid. After all, it's not like he really has a chance to make a regular NFL roster for long.

Tatonka
08-04-2006, 12:39 AM
i think we keep 7 wrs in this system.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 01:20 AM
i think we keep 7 wrs in this system.
I wouldn't be surprised. But then i wonder which LB or CB we cut. Either way, there are going to be some tough decisions.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 06:58 AM
I know I'm a JPD member and all, but Holcomb actually had a good day at times. I was actually impressed with some of his longer passes. JP Losman was off a bit during some passing plays, but picked it up in the 7-on-7 drills. He nailed a lot of the short passes and even some long bombs to Andre Davis and Peerless Price. Oh and it didn't help that he was getting a lot of pressure on him. The backup OL really sucks. :ill:

Ok again I ask...Why is JP with the Backups and not getting = reps with the starting line? QB competitions are BS.

Captain gameboy
08-04-2006, 07:29 AM
Anyways what they did was had Kliff Kingsbury stand there and air it out. He kept going back to pass and would throw a 40 or 50 yard bomb that had a ton of airtime like a punt. And then the returners would catch them and return them.

They don't have a machine for that?
Baseball figured that out years ago.
I guess Kliff wouldn't want to see that technology.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 12:27 PM
They don't have a machine for that?
Baseball figured that out years ago.
I guess Kliff wouldn't want to see that technology.
good point. they used to use the jugs machine for that. hmmm.....

ShadowHawk7
08-04-2006, 02:39 PM
Indeed, we have enough different talent to warrant keeping 7 WRs IMO. Even then we have some tough decisions at that position. We have Smith, Aiken, Wilson, Davis, Denney and Nance fighting for most likely 2, possibly 3 spots.. Some solid talent is going to be leaving soon.