• Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Aaron Gibson doesn't look like another Mike Williams

Aaron Gibson
    Height/weight: 6-feet-6/375 pounds.
    College: Wisconsin.
    Position: Offensive line.
    Noteworthy: Originally a first-round draft choice of the Lions in 1999. ... After 21/2 injury-marred years, he bounced around from Dallas to Chicago to the unemployment line before joining the Bills as a free agent in April. ... When he came into the NFL, he wore the largest helmet ever manufactured by Riddell (size 83/8). ... At Wisconsin he blocked three years for Ron Dayne who became the all-time leading rusher in NCAA history. ... He was a first-team All-American in 1998 and was a Lombardi and Outland trophy finalist.

If you go
    When: Today through August 24.
    Where: St. John Fisher College, Pittsford.
    Practice times: Today 2:15-4:30 p.m. Other times vary by day. There are 23 practice sessions, including eight at night. (Night practices require a special, free ticket from Buffalobills.com or TicketMaster.) For a complete schedule, go to DemocratandChronicle.com.
    Admission: Free.
    Parking: $1 for shuttle service from East Rochester High School and Nazareth College.
    Autographs: Kids under 14 can get autographs following each daytime practice session at the Democrat and Chronicle Kids Autograph Tent. Today receivers Peerless Price, Sam Aiken, Roscoe Parrish and Jonathan Smith are scheduled to sign.
    Saturday picnic: A benefit picnic for Crestwood Children's Center is scheduled for Saturday. Tickets are $25 (children 5 and under are free) and include access to camp, Crestwood's VIP tent and food and beverage. Gates open at noon and the picnic lasts from 12:45 to 2:45 p.m. Call (585) 256-7544 for more information.
    Camp hotline: (800) 441-5942.

Related news from the Web
    Latest headlines by topic:
    Sports
    Family
    NFL Football
    Kids
    Buffalo Bills
    Entertainment

Powered by Topix.net

Bills' Gibson is a big, big man
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Aaron Gibson doesn't look like another Mike Williams

He used to look like he ate Mike Williams.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Moving him inside to Guard was a wise decision.

Guys his size don't have the footwork to stop a 250 lb. pass rusher from running right around him. You have to be lighter on your feet, like Peters.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
        Moving him inside to Guard was a wise decision.

Guys his size don't have the footwork to stop a 250 lb. pass rusher from running right around him. You have to be lighter on your feet, like Peters.
        Good point.

However, just for thought, why not move Peters to LT have Gibson at RT, where he played a full season in 2003. This could be the coffee talking but that would be sick on Paper. Two mammoth guys at both tackle positions!!

I hope the kid finds his way and makes the squad!!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
          My battery is low and it's getting dark.
          • Apr 2004

Then you have to pay Peters left tackle money and go with a guy on the right that seems to have injury and weight problems. Right now, Gandy is still the better pass blocker.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Originally posted by andyxc71
            Then you have to pay Peters left tackle money and go with a guy on the right that seems to have injury and weight problems. Right now, Gandy is still the better pass blocker.
            If Peter's is as good as they say he is, him and Gandy should switch. LT is going to go up against the best DEs each week. Would you rather have Peter's or Gandy watching the QBs blindside? I would take Peter's right now. If Gandy can't hack it at RT, then find someone who can.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by andyxc71
              I agree. All pie in the sky stuff. But if Peters can play LT who cares if we have to pay him more. Plus he is under contract so it's not like we can't negotiate. Your point on Gibson is valid but I'd like to see how he progresses.

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

While Peters may eventually wind on at LT, I wouldn't mind if Gibson emerged and displaced Chris V at RG. Then the right side of the line would be Gibson, Peters and Royal.

I bet Willis would be seeing a lot of sweeps/swing passes in that direction. That's a good thing.
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Night Train
                  While Peters may eventually wind on at LT, I wouldn't mind if Gibson emerged and displaced Chris V at RG. Then the right side of the line would be Gibson, Peters and Royal.

I bet Willis would be seeing a lot of sweeps/swing passes in that direction. That's a good thing.
                  Holy toledo would he he ever, the Defenses we play would be like oh no not again.
                  Last edited by Mitchy moo; 08-04-2006, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X