PDA

View Full Version : How Much Longer Till Whitner Signs?

gr8slayer
08-04-2006, 08:42 AM
Simple question

ParanoidAndroid
08-04-2006, 10:16 AM
We should have a ZB "baby" pool.

I think little Donte is going to be born on Wednesday, Aug. 9th.

Billsrock4life
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
sometime next week.......hopefully

patmoran2006
08-04-2006, 10:28 AM
The Poll should read..

How much longer before every Bills fans starts despising him.

DraftBoy
08-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Marv doenst get done by this weekend, he's gonna have a PR nightmare on his hands.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 11:38 AM
Marv doenst get done by this weekend, he's gonna have a PR nightmare on his hands.

Agreed. The slotted amounts are clear and Whitners agent isnt going to budge. 600K or 1.1 mill doesn't matter. the numbers are what they are regardless of what the Bills org might think about them.

All of that aside, Marv better provide absolute proof, show us numbers marv, that the bills are right in their stance by monday or its going to be a nightmare for sure.

Saratoga Slim
08-04-2006, 12:11 PM
split the damn baby. meet in the middle. whatever you want to call it, just get the a******* into camp. I officially start becoming irritated starting monday, August 7.

DraftBoy
08-04-2006, 12:47 PM
split the damn baby. meet in the middle. whatever you want to call it, just get the a******* into camp. I officially start becoming irritated starting monday, August 7.

There is no need to split the bill, his contract is slotted and all indications (though no proof) show that the Bills are low balling him. They need to get their crap together and foot the bill. If they didnt want to pay this much they should traded down.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 12:58 PM
There is no need to split the bill, his contract is slotted and all indications (though no proof) show that the Bills are low balling him. They need to get their crap together and foot the bill. If they didnt want to pay this much they should traded down.

Outstanding. That is it in a nutshell. IMHO it seems to me Ralph and marv and Jim don't want to pay the guaranteed money. Ralph HATES being on the hook for anyone who won't possibly be here. It not only keeps him on the hook but you MUST almost force this kid into the lineup period. No way you can keep that much money on the bench even if he is 2nd string material when he got here.

They should have accepted the trade from Denver.

Ickybaluky
08-04-2006, 01:32 PM
Brodrick Bunkley (#14) just signed with the Eagles. 6 Yrs/$17.5M, $9.775M in guarantees and a max value between $25M-$30M with incentives.

DraftBoy
08-04-2006, 01:34 PM
so its between us and the Fish to see who signs their guy first, how are Allen's negotiations going

DraftBoy
08-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Just to note, Phins negotiations for Allen have taken a turn for the better as Allen is willing to sign a 6yr deal now. They only need to come together about money, I give it a few days by the end of the weekend it will be us and Leinart.

The_Philster
08-04-2006, 03:56 PM
over the weekend :up:

bflojohn
08-05-2006, 04:00 AM
I am getting sick and tired of looking around ALL day to see IF he's signed! I lurk at kffl and espn among others, and it is driving me nuts!! Sign already, Donte!

Tinboy
08-05-2006, 04:08 AM
I honstely though he was going to be signed by now...

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-05-2006, 05:49 AM
who cares. without a QB it dont matter

YardRat
08-05-2006, 06:02 AM

I thought the slotted amount of gauranteed money was around 13.5, and Whitner's agent was looking for 14, the same as Huff. Did Whitner come back with "we'll take 13.5", and the Bills refused?

shelby
08-05-2006, 07:34 AM
"I hate to keep telling you over and over, but there's nothing," said general manager Marv Levy after Friday's practice at St. John Fisher College. "To me it's stalemated, and I told the agent (Jonathan Hurst) we're ready to move forward without him. It's tremendously hurtful. The other guys have moved ahead of him, and I can't understand it."
Levy made it clear that one week into camp, Matt Bowen and Coy Wire are the No. 1 and 2 strong safeties, and Whitner is going to have a lot to make up if he hopes to challenge for playing time.
"I called the agent twice and told him about the importance of him being here and that I hoped they could work it out," said Levy. "And I told him very honestly that we're ready to move forward without the guy. It's not going to be our style to stop everything and have him catch up. We're not going to slow down. "The only thing that I would say was encouraging in the conversation I had is that the agent said Donte does want to get in there."

link (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060805/SPORTS03/608050329/1021)

dannyek71
08-05-2006, 07:43 AM
we need him