PDA

View Full Version : Next Season

jamze132
08-04-2006, 09:33 AM
Well I am not pissed that out team's salary has risen. We have essentially the exact same guys back next year. You had to know that the salaries were going to rise with like 10 guys arbitration eligable. Regeir did a hell of a job getting the same team back. And you can argue that Spacek is better than McKee. We aren't going anywhere but up next season. And unfortunatly for the rest of the Eastern Conference, that means the Stanley Cup Finals. We are arguably the team to beat right now. We are the only team that is bringing back essentially the same roster as last year. And we are just so damn young, fast, and talented. Remeber how good we were last year with all the rookies that played their asses off? Think of what are cealing is next year! And don't even get me started on Miller!

GO SABRES!

Thanks Darcy

bigbub2352
08-04-2006, 11:48 AM
I agree with u alot, plus another thing is most of those young players are locked up for hte next 2-3years, plus any of the guys who do depart we have a very good young stable of prospects in Roch, and Juniors and Europe that many NHL experts are saying are gonna be really good NHLers, Drew Stafford, Marek Zagrapan etc,

SABURZFAN
08-04-2006, 01:16 PM
anybody remember the "axe ruff-regier" thread? :snicker:

bigbub2352
08-04-2006, 01:52 PM
yes well regeir could have done alot better back in those day, i hate to say up until this year he was afraid to pull the trigger on alot of deals thjat could have been very helpful to the team, Miro Satan, Alexi Zhitnik, Richard Smhelik, Pat Lafontaine, Michael Peca, Biron, Noronen, i believe in the right situations we could have gotten some deals done

But he has also made some great deals the could have black balled him maybe other GM;s think he is trying to pull a fast one, Breire and a 4th for Gratton, Grosek for Gilmour and Dumont, and even getting Drury here were all real nice deals,

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-04-2006, 04:18 PM
yes well regeir could have done alot better back in those day, i hate to say up until this year he was afraid to pull the trigger on alot of deals thjat could have been very helpful to the team, Miro Satan, Alexi Zhitnik, Richard Smhelik, Pat Lafontaine, Michael Peca, Biron, Noronen, i believe in the right situations we could have gotten some deals done

But he has also made some great deals the could have black balled him maybe other GM;s think he is trying to pull a fast one, Breire and a 4th for Gratton, Grosek for Gilmour and Dumont, and even getting Drury here were all real nice deals,

Regier wasn't the GM when Pat LALALALALA Lafontaine was here it was Muckler. Plus the Sabres doctors wouldn't clear him to play because of his concussion that's why we traded him to the Rangers. Regier didn't come to the Sabres until Muckler was fired along with Ted Nolan. Also you left out a trade Stu Barnes for Mathew Barnaby.

JD
08-05-2006, 12:54 PM
I attempted to start a rally against the Sabres front office before last season, who woulda thought we would turn out like we did? :D

Nighthawk
08-05-2006, 07:51 PM
I agree with u alot, plus another thing is most of those young players are locked up for hte next 2-3years, plus any of the guys who do depart we have a very good young stable of prospects in Roch, and Juniors and Europe that many NHL experts are saying are gonna be really good NHLers, Drew Stafford, Marek Zagrapan etc,

Keep your eye on Zagrapan...he is the real deal and will be an exciting player for this team in the near future. I am really amazed at how loaded this organization is with talent!

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2006, 08:09 PM
anybody remember the "axe ruff-regier" thread? :snicker:

Yeah. Some moron started that one. It was a classic.

Philagape
08-05-2006, 09:28 PM
Nothing less than the Cup is acceptable.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-05-2006, 09:29 PM
I said this in another post, I think this team will be like the Senators were this year in the regular season and win our division. I don't really see Ottawa being that good this year, Montreal still doesn't have a defence, Boston will still be bad and Toronto will be in the bottom of the division they didn't do any upgrading at all! So that leaves the Sabres as Eastern Division Champions :dance: plus they'll be po'd because the players know that they should've won gm 7 and they let it slip away! This team is good, Scary Good~Rick Jeanneret