PDA

View Full Version : The only QB competition Kelly Holcomb should be involved in...

lordofgun
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
...is the battle with Nall for second string.

I'm so sick of this "Holcomb took the lead today" crap. If Holcomb starts the season over a healthy Losman, I will lose all hope of the Bills ever contending during the Levy/Jauron era.

bledslow
08-04-2006, 12:36 PM
You will only have hope if a guy who has absolutely shown NOTHING(losman) takes over as qb???????

You better get your tissues out because holcomb is taking this team to the wildcard because HOLCOMBMANIA IS RUNNING WIIILLLLLDDDDDDDD BRUDDAH.

Holcomb is in the lead because he is flat out better.

I can only imagine guys like evans getting PISSES-OFF because its week 11 and he has a total of 27 catches, this is what is gonna happen IF jp is the starter.AND WE ALL KNOW IT.The receivers do not want this guy throwing passes.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Great post, log! :bf1:

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 12:49 PM

I'm so sick of this "Holcomb took the lead today" crap. If Holcomb starts the season over a healthy Losman, I will lose all hope of the Bills ever contending during the Levy/Jauron era.

I will be honest, I doubt I watch a game Holcomb starts. Its all moot point for this franchise to start him anyway. Nall or JP I can understand.

I said this in another thread, Marv and DJ are starting to go against what they did this offseason. State the truth, we are rebuilding and then going with youth. They are going to get into the same trap MM and TD did, trying to win now, while developing players. You can't do both. We need to get rid of the saying 'win now' because its a lie. You can't build 'win now' even in Free agency, snyder proved that.

No one here is saying play to lose, but there is a time of growing and development that needs to happen to get a team ready to start winning. TD tried to bypass this by signing a bunch of name vets to 'win now'. We haven't seen a playoff game in 6 years. Nuff said.

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 01:03 PM
Whatever it takes to have JP play every game with a chip on his shoulder. :up:

mybills
08-04-2006, 01:03 PM
You will only have hope if a guy who has absolutely shown NOTHING(losman) takes over as qb???????

You better get your tissues out because holcomb is taking this team to the wildcard because HOLCOMBMANIA IS RUNNING WIIILLLLLDDDDDDDD BRUDDAH.

I can only imagine guys like evans getting PISSES-OFF because its week 11 and he has a total of 27 catches, this is what is gonna happen IF jp is the starter.AND WE ALL KNOW IT.The receivers do not want this guy throwing passes.

I find it pretty funny that someone named bledslow would root for Holcomb. :coocoo:

I'm at the point where I hope Nall outshines BOTH of them, just so I don't have to look at all the "I told you so"s when they appoint one of them as the starter.

Mr. Miyagi
08-04-2006, 02:06 PM
Nall sucks. And he's ugly. :shakeno:

Jan Reimers
08-04-2006, 02:12 PM

Ridiculous.

Kerr
08-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Nall sucks. And he's ugly. :shakeno:

:up:

HHURRICANE
08-04-2006, 02:27 PM
No one here is saying play to lose, but there is a time of growing and development that needs to happen to get a team ready to start winning. TD tried to bypass this by signing a bunch of name vets to 'win now'. We haven't seen a playoff game in 6 years. Nuff said.

People don't get it and you are absolutely right.

Holcomb fans should just shut up and here's why:

Eli Manning first year starting: 9 games, 48.2 comp%, 1043 yds., 6TD/9ints, 55.4 QB rating

Losman first year starting: 9 games, 49.6 comp%, 1340 yards, 8TD's/8ints, 64.9 QB rating

Holcomb first year starting: 5 games, 61.6 comp%, 454 yards, 1TD/8ints, 44.3 QB rating

Maybe JP shouldn't start this year unless he can cure the blind and raise the dead. I'm sick of stupid fans!!

Patti120
08-04-2006, 02:28 PM
I'm just pretty disapointed because I don't think there is going to be any NALL BALL BABY!

ShadowHawk7
08-04-2006, 02:56 PM

Sucks dude.

Ickybaluky
08-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Eli Manning first year starting: 9 games, 48.2 comp%, 1043 yds., 6TD/9ints, 55.4 QB rating

Losman first year starting: 9 games, 49.6 comp%, 1340 yards, 8TD's/8ints, 64.9 QB rating

Holcomb first year starting: 5 games, 61.6 comp%, 454 yards, 1TD/8ints, 44.3 QB rating

How does that prove anything?

How about Todd Bouman?

51 Comp
89 Att
57.3%
795 Yds
8.9 Yds/Att
8 TD
4 Int
98.3 QB Rating

Brooks Bollinger?

150 Comp
266 Yds
56.4%
1558 Yds
5.9 Yds/Att
7 TD
6 Int
72.9 QB Rating

Night Train
08-04-2006, 04:33 PM
The ONLY reasons Losman shouldn't take evey snap is injury or blowout win.

It's sink or swim with JP.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-04-2006, 05:08 PM

how in the name of all that is holy do you have ANY CLUE what recievers want? You think Evens wants to run flat out then slow down and run 10 yards BACKWARDS to catch a Holcomb pass? Do you Think Parish is going to want to run 1/2 speed to get under one of holcombs rainbows to get the ball down 40 yards?
JEESH!
IF holcombe starts, I will scream bloody murder!

YardRat
08-04-2006, 05:17 PM
Jesus...*****, *****, *****.

If Losman doesn't start it isn't because the coaching staff or front office are stupid or clueless, it's because Losman isn't good enough to beat out a career back up, period.

The same people that will be pissed if Holcomb gets the job are probably the same ones that were in favor of jettisoning Bledsoe and handing the job to JP to begin with. That's turned out great so far, hasn't it?

BillsFever21
08-04-2006, 06:08 PM

Really? It seems to me that Evans was catching all of his passes from Losman and didn't get crap from Holcomb last year.

Out of Evans' TD's they were from JP and their deep hookups. Evans hardly had any production when Holcomb was in the game but he tore it up when Losman was in there.

BillsFever21
08-04-2006, 06:12 PM

If Losman doesn't start it isn't because the coaching staff or front office are stupid or clueless, it's because Losman isn't good enough to beat out a career back up, period.

The same people that will be pissed if Holcomb gets the job are probably the same ones that were in favor of jettisoning Bledsoe and handing the job to JP to begin with. That's turned out great so far, hasn't it?

Where did Bledsoe take us and what has Bledsoe accomplished since he left?

He crumbled at the end of last season just like every other season and his team bombed out with a 1-4 finish and missed the playoffs.

That is the history of Drew Bledsoe. We would've been a non-playoff team last year with Bledsoe and would be one this year with Bledsoe too.

Nighthawk
08-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Flutie, umm, I mean Holcomb, is a freakin' joke! If he starts, it will be tough for me to watch this team. I mean, what is the point? They're not going to win, they're not going to develop a young QB...what is the point? Give me something to watch for! If Dick does this...I will automatically think he is clueless and call for his head!

lordofgun
08-04-2006, 08:32 PM

8 starts.

shelby
08-04-2006, 08:45 PM
i honestly could give a :curse: less who starts.
i just want a QB who can help us win some games.

lordofgun
08-04-2006, 08:53 PM
We already know that QB is not Holcomb.

billsburgh
08-05-2006, 12:48 AM
8 starts.
and not even 8 consecutive starts. give the kid a chance to prove himself.

billsburgh
08-05-2006, 12:49 AM
well then you should care because Holcomb cant help us win games.

Mad Bomber
08-05-2006, 01:26 PM

The only place Holcomb will take the Bills is to a perfect position to draft Brady Quinn next year.

Philagape
08-05-2006, 02:06 PM
OK, say JP can't beat out a career backup. That would mean Holcomb can't beat out a guy who can't beat out a career backup.