X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Hey Cane

Marc Bulger – First 7 games 65.4% 1826 yards 14 TD’s 6 Int’s 101.5 rating.
    Billy Volek – First 8 games 61.1% 2486 yards 18 TD’s 10 Int’s 87.1 rating.
    Kurt Warner – First 16 games 65.1% 4353 yards 41 TD’s 13 Int’s 109.2 rating
    Chad Pennington – First 12 games 68.9% 3120 yards 22 TD’s 6 Int’s 104.2 rating.
    Tom Brady – First 14 games 63.9% 2843 yards 18 TD’s 12 Int’s 86.5 rating.
    Carson Palmer – First 13 games 60.9% 2897 yards 18 TD’s 12 Int’s 77.3 rating
    Steve McNair – First 6 games 57% 1700 yards 9TD’s 5 picks, 87 rating.
    Ben R. – First 13 games 66.4% 2621 yards 17 TD’s 11 picks 98.1 rating.
    B. Leftwich – First 13 games 57.2% 2819 yards 14 TD’s 16 picks 73.0 rating
    Peyton Manning – First 16 games 56.7% 3739 yards 26 TD’s 28 picks 71.2 rating
    Trent Green – First 14 games 54.6 % 3441 yards 23 TD’s 11 picks 81.8

JP – First 8 games 49.6% 1340 yards 8 TD’s 8 picks 64.9 rating.

I didn’t really touch on too many of the NFC QB’s. Out of time. JP is last in Rating and Comp. %.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Re: Hey Cane

I've said this before, I absolutely despise the comparisons of J.P. to Palmer, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, etc. No relevance. A quarterback stands on his own. J.P. did not light it up last year. He needs to prove he deserves to start this year. Either he can or he can't.

Jon

Comment

• DraftBoy
      Administrator
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
      I've said this before, I absolutely despise the comparisons of J.P. to Palmer, Eli Manning, Peyton Manning, etc. No relevance. A quarterback stands on his own. J.P. did not light it up last year. He needs to prove he deserves to start this year. Either he can or he can't.

Jon

Well said!
      COMING SOON...
      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
        Marc Bulger – First 7 games 65.4% 1826 yards 14 TD’s 6 Int’s 101.5 rating.
        Billy Volek – First 8 games 61.1% 2486 yards 18 TD’s 10 Int’s 87.1 rating.
        Kurt Warner – First 16 games 65.1% 4353 yards 41 TD’s 13 Int’s 109.2 rating
        Chad Pennington – First 12 games 68.9% 3120 yards 22 TD’s 6 Int’s 104.2 rating.
        Tom Brady – First 14 games 63.9% 2843 yards 18 TD’s 12 Int’s 86.5 rating.
        Carson Palmer – First 13 games 60.9% 2897 yards 18 TD’s 12 Int’s 77.3 rating
        Steve McNair – First 6 games 57% 1700 yards 9TD’s 5 picks, 87 rating.
        Ben R. – First 13 games 66.4% 2621 yards 17 TD’s 11 picks 98.1 rating.
        B. Leftwich – First 13 games 57.2% 2819 yards 14 TD’s 16 picks 73.0 rating
        Peyton Manning – First 16 games 56.7% 3739 yards 26 TD’s 28 picks 71.2 rating
        Trent Green – First 14 games 54.6 % 3441 yards 23 TD’s 11 picks 81.8

JP – First 8 games 49.6% 1340 yards 8 TD’s 8 picks 64.9 rating.

I didn’t really touch on too many of the NFC QB’s. Out of time. JP is last in Rating and Comp. %.

PAt , who were their coaches and compare them to JP's coach. Was the best OL of those qb's an undrafted rookie FA converted from a TE position?
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Patrick76777
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
          PAt , who were their coaches and compare them to JP's coach. Was the best OL of those qb's an undrafted rookie FA converted from a TE position?

So that's why he had a far worse year then every one of these guys? Sorry, don't buy it.
          Resign our own guys!

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1

Jon
            it's relevant because it's proof you don't have to light up the league your 1st year in order to have a chance at a great future
            The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
              Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Pat, I think your stats are biased. Show me the stats of all the QBs instead of just the ones who had better ones than JP.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Still waiting Pat....

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                  Still waiting Pat....

Sorry I was working! Besides for the Rams, I only did the AFC. And I mostly did current QB's. I left off David Carr and Jake Plummer and whoever is the Browns QB.

I didn't and don't have time to do the NFC qb's, but I'm sure the pattern would hold true.

What's wrong, 11 current active QB's isn't enough for you?
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                    Still waiting Pat....
                    Oh and I forgot Culpepper in the AFC

16 games 62.7% 3937 yards 33 TD's 16 picks 98.0 rating.

And if you wanted to know,

Joey Harrington

12 games 50.1 2294 yards 12 TD's 16 picks 59.9 rating.

Slightly better then JP's first year. Although JP had a slightly higher rating. So I guess he compares well to Joey Harrington. That makes me feel good.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Most of them guys you are taking their first 13-16 games too. Not their first 8 games.

Through Palmers first 8 games he had about 6 TD's and 12 INT's. After that he settled down some and finished the season 18-18.

8TD-8INT is a very respectable start for somebody through their first 8 games. Far better then many QB's in their first half season.

Of course he failed to mention the people who were far worse then JP. Not to mention having somebody like Mularkey as a HC and a terrible OL and on a terrible team.

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                        Most of them guys you are taking their first 13-16 games too. Not their first 8 games.

Through Palmers first 8 games he had about 6 TD's and 12 INT's. After that he settled down some and finished the season 18-18.

8TD-8INT is a very respectable start for somebody through their first 8 games. Far better then many QB's in their first half season.

Of course he failed to mention the people who were far worse then JP. Not to mention having somebody like Mularkey as a HC and a terrible OL and on a terrible team.

Nobody good, that I found, had a bad first year!
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

So that's why he had a far worse year then every one of these guys? Sorry, don't buy it.
                          Nobody is denying JP had his problems. Isn't it kinda wierd that Drew did so much better th minute he went to Dallas where their OL was way better than ours? Drew couldn't do squat over here and you expect a rookie qb to do better? At least Drew had a no.2 ranked D to bail him out. Drew also had a way weaker schedule to deal with and yet he stunk. If you are going to bash JP at least have a valid reason. Drew didn't have vet problems either. He also had a running back who didn't quit on the team. Drew didn't have his no.1 reciever quit on the team either.They may sound like excuses but they are valid especially for a rookie qb. I doubt Ben could've done a lot better if he was our qb.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Jul 2002

Oh and I forgot Culpepper in the AFC

16 games 62.7% 3937 yards 33 TD's 16 picks 98.0 rating.

And if you wanted to know,

Joey Harrington

12 games 50.1 2294 yards 12 TD's 16 picks 59.9 rating.

Slightly better then JP's first year. Although JP had a slightly higher rating. So I guess he compares well to Joey Harrington. That makes me feel good.
                            I stumbled onto that last week. JP has Joey Harrington written all over him.

Wonder if JP can play the piano?

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21

I'm gonna have to say that JP never really had a chance with Mularkey. Hell, the idiot wouldn't let the teams best offensive player play on 3rd down! What if Willis was in there instead of Shaud? Can anyone tell me for sure what would have happened? I bet we still would have drafted Whitner, but not at #8. We would have been a few slots lower in the draft. Mularkey was a tool.

Comment

Working...
                              X