PDA

View Full Version : UH-OH Here's today's camp report

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
ICE is not gonna like this

http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

shelby
08-04-2006, 05:44 PM
QB UPDATE: The reps were not even today for anyone that was interested. Holcomb was 13-20 with 2 TDs and 4 sacks by my count. Losman was 4-8 and 2 sacks. I didn't count the sack plays as pass attempts this time. Losman had more run plays than Holcomb which also skews the snaps a bit too. But there was a stretch during 11-on-11 where Holcomb had the final 11 snaps. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to ask coach Jauron about it because I was interviewing players when he spoke this afternoon to the media, and no one else asked him. I'll try to see if that development continues and ask him when I can. Stay tuned.
One other note, before everyone debates the completion numbers and the results let me definitively state that no one looked good on offense today at all. It was not pretty and every offensive player asked admitted it. Hopefully they can bounce back tomorrow and it was a one day thing.

shelby
08-04-2006, 05:45 PM
i like reading about Nance:

NANCE DOING EXTRA: I was glad to see Nance do a little extra during individual drills today. He was going through a receiver route warmup drill and receivers coach Tyke Tolbert threw him an errant ball that he didn't catch. He quickly ran back to the starting point of the drill to run another one so he could make a reception without being asked. He also had a touchdown today in 7-on-7 from Losman.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-04-2006, 06:02 PM
its looking like a done deal and the dog is dead.

The sad fact is that if Holcomb beats out JP then we have NO good QBs on this team and we can expect crap from the O all year.

I feel like I did the moment they announced the 8th pick in this years draft.

I have very little excitment about the season at this point.
I am drained and saddend.

LtBillsFan66
08-04-2006, 06:03 PM
We should trade Losman. Maybe someone wants to take him on as a project.

shelby
08-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Would y'all put the cyanide capsules down for a minute?

Until there is an offical announcement indicating otherwise, i choose to believe it's Losmans' job to lose.

SABURZFAN
08-04-2006, 06:08 PM
where have you gone joe ferguson?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-04-2006, 06:09 PM
Thats pretty funny :)

Michael82
08-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Dick Jauron is ****ing moron and should be shot if he doesn't even give JP Losman a legitimate shot at the starting job!!! :mad:

shelby
08-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Mikey....:calm:.....don't panic!!

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 06:13 PM
what makes you guys think it isn't a legit shot?

Michael82
08-04-2006, 06:14 PM
Mikey....:calm:.....don't panic!!
I know i'm overexagerating, but this really pisses me off!!!

JP Losman is the better QB and should win the job. Holcomb just looks better at times stat wise because he keep checking off almost every single ****ing time! :mad: JP tries to make a play happen and you can tell that he's starting to get frustrated over just handing the ball off or working with the backups. It's total bull****! :mad: :curse:

Michael82
08-04-2006, 06:15 PM
I know it's wrong, but I kinda wish that Nall wasn't the one that was injured with the hamstring. I think a competition with him and Losman would have been fun to watch. This crap is going to drive me to an early grave! :mad:

:puke:

Night Train
08-04-2006, 06:18 PM
OMG ! OMG ! OMG !

( rinse...repeat )

BillsFever21
08-04-2006, 06:18 PM
Dick Jauron is ****ing moron and should be shot if he doesn't even give JP Losman a legitimate shot at the starting job!!! :mad:

We knew he was a moron before training camp even started. Look at his win/loss record in Chicago and what they have done since he was fired along with his track record for handling QB's in Chicago. It was a big roller coaster ride with the QB's in Chicago. They had multiple starting QB's throughout his tenure. He wouldn't stick with just one.

But some thinks he is the next Bill Belicheck. He already proved he's a career loser in Chicago and handled the QB situation like crap there. What makes anybody believe it's gonna be any different this time around in Buffalo.

All it took was 1 year for Chicago to turn their team around after Jauron was fired. Outside of the one miracle season his team and himself was one of the jokes of the league. His defense wasn't even that great for being a defensive coach.

One year after he is fired the defense is one of the best in the league and they are playoff contenders. It's no coincidence.

He was so bad even Detroit didn't want him for their HC opening. He was there for the taking and instead they hired a rookie HC. He didn't impress them enough to offer him the job and when he took over after Mooch was fired the team was terrible.

shelby
08-04-2006, 06:19 PM
i don't think that.

People are flipping out right now. No decisions have been made. My take is that both Losman and Holcomb sucked copious amounts of ass today. One bad day of camp does not the starting QB make.

In all honesty, if Holcomb ends up being the better QB, i'd prefer he start. However, his long ball is lacking, and he doesn't possess the skills JP has. So i am hoping JP can pull himself together and win the job.

That being said, until an official announcement is made, i refuse to panic.

shelby
08-04-2006, 06:20 PM
OMG ! OMG ! OMG !

( rinse...repeat )

:hang:

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 06:24 PM
i don't think that.

I was talking to Mikey, sweetie

Mitchy moo
08-04-2006, 06:27 PM
when does Sabres season start?

Michael82
08-04-2006, 06:29 PM
I was talking to Mikey, sweetie
because it seems like when Losman is with the starters, he is handing off more than anything. :ill:

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 06:33 PM
because it seems like when Losman is with the starters, he is handing off more than anything. :ill: thats so that he can have more chemistry w/ Willis when he starts the season...

like my spin? :D

Goobylal
08-04-2006, 06:39 PM
We knew he was a moron before training camp even started. Look at his win/loss record in Chicago and what they have done since he was fired along with his track record for handling QB's in Chicago. It was a big roller coaster ride with the QB's in Chicago. They had multiple starting QB's throughout his tenure. He wouldn't stick with just one.

But some thinks he is the next Bill Belicheck. He already proved he's a career loser in Chicago and handled the QB situation like crap there. What makes anybody believe it's gonna be any different this time around in Buffalo.

All it took was 1 year for Chicago to turn their team around after Jauron was fired. Outside of the one miracle season his team and himself was one of the jokes of the league. His defense wasn't even that great for being a defensive coach.

One year after he is fired the defense is one of the best in the league and they are playoff contenders. It's no coincidence.

He was so bad even Detroit didn't want him for their HC opening. He was there for the taking and instead they hired a rookie HC. He didn't impress them enough to offer him the job and when he took over after Mooch was fired the team was terrible.
You got it wrong about Jauron. First of all, the Bears went 7-9 in 2003, his last year as HC and after his GM let guys like Colvin and Washington go. In 2004, the first year under current HC Lovie Smith, the Bears went 5-11. And 2001, when Jauron won COTY, he led them to the 3rd best record in Bears history.

And as for the offense, that's largely Fairchild's baby. And I wouldn't put too much stock into reps until a starter HAS been announced.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 06:42 PM
thats so that he can have more chemistry w/ Willis when he starts the season...

like my spin? :D
yeah, nice spin....but it hasn't been Willis lately. It's been Shaud Williams or Anthony Thomas or Lionel Gates. :ill:

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 06:45 PM
yeah, nice spin....but it hasn't been Willis lately. It's been Shaud Williams or Anthony Thomas or Lionel Gates. :ill:what?Willis is not getting a legit shot too? Why that ,Marv. I'm replacing his prune juice with Mobil .

Michael82
08-04-2006, 06:47 PM
what?Willis is not getting a legit shot too? Why that ,Marv. I'm replacing his prune juice with Mobil .
:rofl: No, thats not it. Willis is getting his snaps...but they already know he is starting...so they are giving the backups more chances to see if one of them will get the job. Lionel Gates has impressed me the most. :up:

justasportsfan
08-04-2006, 06:53 PM
:rofl: No, thats not it. Willis is getting his snaps...but they already know he is starting...so they are giving the backups more chances to see if one of them will get the job. Lionel Gates has impressed me the most. :up::phew:

Turf
08-04-2006, 06:55 PM
Maybe they're just trying to see how bad Holcomb really sucks before they cut him. You know, give him enough rope to hang himself. I think their evaluation is give him a fair shot, find out what we've got with this clown, and cut him or forget him as starter.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 07:21 PM
Maybe they're just trying to see how bad Holcomb really sucks before they cut him. You know, give him enough rope to hang himself. I think their evaluation is give him a fair shot, find out what we've got with this clown, and cut him or forget him as starter.
:pray:

TigerJ
08-04-2006, 07:23 PM

Until there is an offical announcement indicating otherwise, i choose to believe it's Losmans' job to lose.

Thanks Shelby for that gem of common sense. Maybe Losman's arm was feeling a little fatigued as often happens in training camp. I can't imagine Jauron making a decision on QB without seeing how both of them respond in a game situation.

Mr. Miyagi
08-04-2006, 08:01 PM
I feel like I did the moment they announced the 8th pick in this years draft.

That and the day they announced the hiring of Jauron.

ZacGriffi~82
08-04-2006, 08:23 PM
I think we are jumping to too many conclusions. What if tommorrow JP gets most of the reps. Maybe he's trying to get a better look at both guys.

LtBillsFan66
08-04-2006, 08:24 PM
I think we are jumping to too many conclusions. What if tommorrow JP gets most of the reps. Maybe he's trying to get a better look at both guys.
If JP gets more reps tomorrow that means he's a first ballot hall of famer.

ZacGriffi~82
08-04-2006, 08:26 PM

Well, duh.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-04-2006, 08:29 PM
That and the day they announced the hiring of Jauron.
I was sitting in a resturant in Vegas and saw the announcement on a TV without audio.... My "AW CRAP" was louder then the slot machines!

shelby
08-04-2006, 08:47 PM
:hi5:

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:36 PM
ICE is not gonna like this

http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

Not upset, I can't do anything about it. But I will accept apologies from those that didn't believe me when it came to the 'competition'. This just further proves my point.

After the 12th and the Panthers game Holcomb will be named the starter.

shelby
08-04-2006, 09:37 PM
i hope you're wrong, ICE.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:41 PM

Justa, quit trying to further piss off those that are already there. I know how smart you are and You KNOW by now it was BS. JP never had a shot, and you heard it here first...back when DJ was hired and he first said the word 'Competition'.

I hope another 5-11 season ending with still no QB makes fans happy during the next offseason. But hey, we have Holcomb for 2 more years while marv drafts a QB, then he holds out till dec 07 because marv and co won't pay him his slotted amount. THEN The Veterans quit because Marv has to play him. Just wait, its gonna get much worse under these guys before it gets better.

Ralph better hope he makes it to 95 or he won't be seeing the playoffs again.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
i don't think that.

People are flipping out right now. No decisions have been made. My take is that both Losman and Holcomb sucked copious amounts of ass today. One bad day of camp does not the starting QB make.

In all honesty, if Holcomb ends up being the better QB, i'd prefer he start. However, his long ball is lacking, and he doesn't possess the skills JP has. So i am hoping JP can pull himself together and win the job.

That being said, until an official announcement is made, i refuse to panic.

Shelby sweetie....Again I say the decision was made BEFORE it ever started. They werent' going to allow JP a legit shot. I just hope he busts his ass, keeps his mouth shut and keeps trying to learn. Then hopefully he holds out in the offseason so he can get released and have a legit shot somewhere else.

HHURRICANE
08-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Not upset, I can't do anything about it. But I will accept apologies from those that didn't believe me when it came to the 'competition'. This just further proves my point.

After the 12th and the Panthers game Holcomb will be named the starter.

Yeah, I'm starting to believe that ICE nailed this one. JP isn't getting a fair shot with the first string offense because Holcomb was always going to be the starter.

I can tell you that I'm not interested in watching noodle arm for even 4 games this year. I'd rather watch Kingsbury start. That's how bad I think Holcomb is.

shelby
08-04-2006, 09:44 PM
ICE, if that is true...why :curse: around with a QB competition? Surely it can't be simply to save face.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:44 PM
i hope you're wrong, ICE. I'm not sweetie. And I honestly hate it. I would have loved to have been wrong and would have gladly eaten crow.

Problem is, I know how this works. Pee Wee, Jr High, HS, College, Pro....its all the same game. Its all ran the same way and QB comps are BULL!

djjimkelly
08-04-2006, 09:48 PM
if losman isnt the starter this is gonna be worse then the 2001 season. we truly might be entering the worst era of bills football. if u think the last 6 years was bad the KELLY HOMOBUM ERA might actually make me think i have better things to do till we decide to actually try and get better. i love this team but i wont be able to watch NO HOPE FOOTBALL

shelby
08-04-2006, 09:48 PM
You didn't answer my question.

Why bother with the farce of a QB competition if the outcome has already been determined?

Humor me, i'm blonde.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:49 PM
ICE, if that is true...why :curse: around with a QB competition? Surely it can't be simply to save face.

Ego and yes to save face. They would have cought pure hell from ALL fans had they not had this farce. No way they can just cut JP then bring in a rookie or someone else. By doing this they say 'Hey...we gave him a LEGIT Shot and he didn't do it'. Now unfortunately they know (well marv knows) 80% of the fans swallow anything marv says. So they wont' question. The smart fans know better.

He isn't Marvs guy, he is the last reminder of Tom Donahoes reign due to him being talked about so much. All marv and DJ hears is 'how is JP' 'What is JP doing'? JP JP JP.

I just hope marv finally acts with some class and that character he talks about and lets JP go find another team. To lie to him, and he did, by saying it was a LEGIT competition is classless.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:50 PM
You didn't answer my question.

Why bother with the farce of a QB competition if the outcome has already been determined?

Humor me, i'm blonde.

Sorry sweetie I was typing as you re asked this :oops:

shelby
08-04-2006, 09:52 PM
i can't get my head around the fact that it's all a joke and the outcome is already determined.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a best man for the job kind of fan. In a perfect world i want Losman to start, but in reality i'm rooting for whoever can get the ball in the :curse:ing end zone.

This just seems like a :curse:load of politics to me, and, if you are correct ICE, it taints the purity of the game for me.

camelcowboy
08-04-2006, 09:56 PM
wow, holcomb had more snaps on day8 of training camp lets all drink the cool aid. Wait till preseason starts then we will see what happens during the games. Maybe Juron is trying to send a message to losman because he's had a couple of bad days of practice. A wake up call, hey kid keep this up you will lose reps, i bet tommarrow the reps are more even. At some point JP has to win this job, he needs to earn the job, and he's not doing it. Give him some time.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:56 PM
i can't get my head around the fact that it's all a joke and the outcome is already determined.

Don't get me wrong, i'm a best man for the job kind of fan. In a perfect world i want Losman to start, but in reality i'm rooting for whoever can get the ball in the :curse:ing end zone.

This just seems like a :curse:load of politics to me, and, if you are correct ICE, it taints the purity of the game for me.

I hate to tell ya this, even as low as the High school level this type of thing happens. This is an issue that Draftboy nailed, JP is TD's guy, not his. Marv wants HIS Jim Kelly and is willing to just run the ball, play defense and hope holcomb doesn't screw up, until he finds his guy.

Truth be told...I don't think JP would be getting spit for reps right now if Nall hadn't gotten hurt. I think that was Marv and DJ's pick to be honest.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:57 PM
wow, holcomb had more snaps on day8 of training camp lets all drink the cool aid. Wait till preseason starts then we will see what happens during the games. Maybe Juron is trying to send a message to losman because he's had a couple of bad days of practice. A wake up call, hey kid keep this up you will lose, i bet tommarrow the reps are more even.
Well that would be more snaps on day 5,6,7 and 8 according to reports. I bet their not. I got 100 ZB's on it, care to bet?

JoeMama
08-04-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm one of the conspiracy theorists that thinks the QB competition was a farce.

If you ask me, Dick Jauron had Kelly Holcomb in mind the entire time.

He even said as much back in April when a reporter asked him if he was inclined to choose one QB over the other.

He said "I have the QB in mind, but I'm not going to share it with you".

Which got a big laugh from the press.

I honestly think he wanted to come off as diplomatic & pretend like every position is an earned position.

But in reality, I'm sure Marv Levy & Dick Jauron watched the game tapes from last season & understand that the offense was a tad more fluid when Holcomb started.

They'll put on the competition charade, but ultimately, they want Holcomb to be their guy initially.

Jauron dealt with a similar controversy between Jim Miller & Cade McNown. I guarantee his experience is making him lean toward Holcomb initially.

He'll take the experienced journeyman QB as starter until the Bills are clearly out of contention, then he'll develop Losman or Nall.

shelby
08-04-2006, 10:53 PM
i understand the point y'all are making. However, i can't bring myself to believe it.
If you are right, i will be the first to admit i was wrong.

HAMMER
08-04-2006, 11:57 PM
What happens if Losman gets the bulk of reps tommorow?

Typ0
08-05-2006, 12:20 AM
Gotta love the BillsZone thinking...KH got 85% of the snaps and the offense sucked all day...guess that means KH is going to be starting on opening day....LMAO.

billsburgh
08-05-2006, 12:24 AM
what has Hocomb done in camp to separate himself from Losman in camp? nothing of note from everything I've read. Both have been inconsistent at times with highs and lows. Holcomb may look better on paper because he checks down to a running back much quicker than JP. If Holcomb is chosen as the starter if both qb's play like they have so far in camp, I'm starting to think ICE is right in that Jauron knew all along that it would be Holcomb and this whole "competition" is a farce.

Jan Reimers
08-05-2006, 03:59 AM
Actually, it's going to be Losman. The braintrust is just giving Holcomb every opportunity to show that he is still a mediocre QB with no upside and no chance to lead us anywhere. And Holcomb is proving the point.

YardRat
08-05-2006, 06:07 AM
The disadvantage of working with the second string offense is balanced out by working against the second string defense, IMO.

billsburgh
08-05-2006, 06:32 AM
Actually, it's going to be Losman. The braintrust is just giving Holcomb every opportunity to show that he is still a mediocre QB with no upside and no chance to lead us anywhere. And Holcomb is proving the point.
I hope you're right becuase I dont like our chances with Holcomb starting 16 games this year. It's nothing personal against the guy. I've just seen enouch of him to know that he's not the answer

shelby
08-05-2006, 07:19 AM
Gotta love the BillsZone thinking...KH got 85% of the snaps and the offense sucked all day...guess that means KH is going to be starting on opening day....LMAO.
:snicker:

Jan Reimers
08-05-2006, 07:27 AM
I hope you're right becuase I dont like our chances with Holcomb starting 16 games this year. It's nothing personal against the guy. I've just seen enouch of him to know that he's not the answer
With a very young and unsettled team, it really makes no sense to start a caretaker QB like Holcomb. We're not the Ravens of a few years back, with a monster D and everything else in place, where a low-mistake, conservative, dink and dunk QB like Dilfer could win it all.

Rather, we need to start building a team for the future this year. Holcomb has no business in our future as anything but a clipboard holder.

don137
08-05-2006, 07:40 AM
I would not push the panic button yet. They have not even started there first exhibition game. All I know is whoever starts in the first exhibition game against Carolina will probably look bad. One, the offense usually takes a lot longer than the defense to click in training camp and 2) Carolina has a top 2 or 3 defense. There front 4 is sick. Most likely Holcomb and Losman will split starts in the first two exhibition games and whoever starts for the third exhibition game will be the starter in New England.
I'm rooting for JP because if Holcomb is the starter we just added 2 years to the rebuilding process because most likely the QB to turn this ship around is not on this roster in the eyes of management. Also, let's face it with Holcomb starting makes me wish we never got rid of Drew. JP is definitely not the second coming of Kelly but I think he has the potential to turn it around. But as Marv Levy's say no word has gotten more coaches fired than the word potential.

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 07:45 AM
As much as I hate to say it, There is nothing we can do and we need to stop letting it eat at us.

On that note, I'll catch highlights but I doubt I watch games which holcomb starts. I have the Sunday ticket and will know immediately (yep I am paying for the super duper package!) if holcomb goes down or JP goes in. Hell I even have no issues with Nall. But I know what kelly holcomb is like character wise and I know we aren't going anywhere with him as the starter. So I'll wait.

shelby
08-05-2006, 07:47 AM
Oh hell no.
i will watch this team no matter who the QB is.
i will watch this team whether we win 10 games, 6 games, or 2 games.
i will ***** and moan and complain, and elevate my blood pressure, and be pissed off after every loss, and i will love every heart wrenching, frustrating minute of it.
:gobills:

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 07:51 AM
Oh hell no.
i will watch this team no matter who the QB is.
i will watch this team whether we win 10 games, 6 games, or 2 games.
i will ***** and moan and complain, and elevate my blood pressure, and be pissed off after every loss, and i will love every heart wrenching, frustrating minute of it.
:gobills:

See I don't. I feel the last 6 years I have wasted money. I'm not doing it a 3rd time around. This is the 3rd HC, 2nd GM blah blah blah.

As for as 'Give marv a chance'. Well lets see. Out of the league 8 years. No GM experience. Can't get Whitner in camp because he won't pay the slotted amount of guaranteed money and is allowing a QB farce. I loved him as a coach but even in his last couple of years, MANY on EVERY message board knew it was his time to go. Why? He was too stuck in 60', 70's ways of doing things. Its starting to show again in the way he is GM'ing this team.

No shell, I will wait till Ralph and co start getting it back on track some.

Typ0
08-05-2006, 07:53 AM
Personally, I think KH is a lot better than anyone gives him credit for. If it's true he can't throw anything longer than a 15 yard pass...then he won't be the QB fairchild won't work with that limitation.

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 07:58 AM
Personally, I think KH is a lot better than anyone gives him credit for. If it's true he can't throw anything longer than a 15 yard pass...then he won't be the QB fairchild won't work with that limitation.
He is a career loser, Extremely limited, and a locker room laywer. He is also 33 years old and we are a rebuilding, young team.

Honestly, If this is how they felt, sign Nall, let him battle it out with Holcomb. Instead of whitner, we should have drafted Cutler and either just cut or traded JP.

ZacGriffi~82
08-05-2006, 04:30 PM

After what Dick Jauron called their "worst day of practice of camp" Friday, the offense bounced back and had one of their better days at St. John Fisher.
The offense was clicking again and making plays. The team jumped right into 11-on-11 early and Kelly Holcomb got the first 10 snaps. His best pass was a deep out to Josh Reed along the left sideline. Holcomb, however, seemed to have more running plays called when he was under center Saturday.

J.P. Losman wrapped up the 11-on-11 drill and he was sharp Saturday. After pumping one too many times which led to a pass getting broken up, Losman settled down and on the very next play delivered a strike right on the money to a sprinting Andre Davis for a 40-yard gain down the right sideline. Losman also hooked up with Roscoe Parrish on another 40-yard pass as he beat his defender to the inside and took his route straight up the field. It would've have been a scoring play under full live conditions and drew applause from the crowd in attendance.
Losman appeared to have a little extra on his passes today as very few defenders were able to challenge his throws. In one 7-on-7 session he completed all nine of his pass attempts including a touchdown to Robert Royal that he gunned over the middle.
Two minute drill
After Holcomb had the opportunity to run the two minute drill on Friday, Losman got his chance on Saturday and it was a well orchestrated drive.
Starting from their own 30-yard line after Terrence McGee broke up a pass on first down, Losman completed his next four passes including a 19-yard completion to Sam Aiken which set up 1st-and-goal with more than a minute remaining on the clock. After spiking the ball on 1st-and-goal, his second down pass attempt was incomplete.
On third-and-goal from the nine he hit Peerless Price for a seven-yard gain. And on 4th-and-goal at the two-yard line Losman rifled a pass to Price who beat the coverage on an inside slant for the touchdown.
"The offense made a big improvement over yesterday," said Jauron

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3938

--------

BUT IT'S A CONSPIRACY DAMMIT!!!!

billsburgh
08-05-2006, 05:05 PM
well I'm glad to hear that JP got more of an opportunity today and seemed to take advantage of it.

Philagape
08-05-2006, 05:05 PM
After what Dick Jauron called their "worst day of practice of camp" Friday, the offense bounced back and had one of their better days at St. John Fisher.
The offense was clicking again and making plays. The team jumped right into 11-on-11 early and Kelly Holcomb got the first 10 snaps. His best pass was a deep out to Josh Reed along the left sideline. Holcomb, however, seemed to have more running plays called when he was under center Saturday.

J.P. Losman wrapped up the 11-on-11 drill and he was sharp Saturday. After pumping one too many times which led to a pass getting broken up, Losman settled down and on the very next play delivered a strike right on the money to a sprinting Andre Davis for a 40-yard gain down the right sideline. Losman also hooked up with Roscoe Parrish on another 40-yard pass as he beat his defender to the inside and took his route straight up the field. It would've have been a scoring play under full live conditions and drew applause from the crowd in attendance.
Losman appeared to have a little extra on his passes today as very few defenders were able to challenge his throws. In one 7-on-7 session he completed all nine of his pass attempts including a touchdown to Robert Royal that he gunned over the middle.
Two minute drill
After Holcomb had the opportunity to run the two minute drill on Friday, Losman got his chance on Saturday and it was a well orchestrated drive.
Starting from their own 30-yard line after Terrence McGee broke up a pass on first down, Losman completed his next four passes including a 19-yard completion to Sam Aiken which set up 1st-and-goal with more than a minute remaining on the clock. After spiking the ball on 1st-and-goal, his second down pass attempt was incomplete.
On third-and-goal from the nine he hit Peerless Price for a seven-yard gain. And on 4th-and-goal at the two-yard line Losman rifled a pass to Price who beat the coverage on an inside slant for the touchdown.
"The offense made a big improvement over yesterday," said Jauron

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3938

JP's playing with a fire in his arse. I bet he was as p'd off as we were

ZacGriffi~82
08-05-2006, 05:10 PM
Like i said this was probaly the plan all along. To get a better look at Holcomb one day and Losman the next.

Michael82
08-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Like i said this was probaly the plan all along. To get a better look at Holcomb one day and Losman the next.
And it's not a coincidence that the offense was absolutely horrible yesterday when Holcomb got most of the starting snaps and then today, the offense was fun to watch and kicked it up a notch. :up:

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 05:34 PM

I am waiting for the words 'JP losman STARTED off the practices' followed by 'Holcomb WRAPPED UP the practices...'

Still Holcomb is starting all the practices and starting with the first string.

ZacGriffi~82
08-05-2006, 05:34 PM
And it's not a coincidence that the offense was absolutely horrible yesterday when Holcomb got most of the starting snaps and then today, the offense was fun to watch and kicked it up a notch. :up:
Yup. Did you go and can we expect a report?

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 05:37 PM

How many passing plays did JP get and how did they look?

ScottLawrence
08-05-2006, 06:04 PM
He is a career loser, Extremely limited, and a locker room laywer. He is also 33 years old and we are a rebuilding, young team.

Honestly, If this is how they felt, sign Nall, let him battle it out with Holcomb. Instead of whitner, we should have drafted Cutler and either just cut or traded JP.

So your part of the Buffalo Bills orginization?

You've been in the Locker room?

A career loser? based on what?.....The guys never gotten a fair chance to start.

Stop making up bull **** man, and if Holcomb wins the job accept the fact, and be a BILLS fan, instead of rooting for a player.

Mad Bomber
08-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I AM a Bills fan, and have been for over 40 years.

I've seen KH and his ilk over and over.

He is definitely NOT a franchise QB. He was brought in as a backup, and always will be a backup.

I don't want the Bills to try to build their future on a QB who throws 3 yard passes on 3rd and 8.

Nuff said...

Michael82
08-05-2006, 07:57 PM
Yup. Did you go and can we expect a report?

of course! :up: