PDA

View Full Version : This is nice to see...

Michael82
08-04-2006, 07:32 PM
It seems like JP Losman and Jason Peters are starting to form a good relationship. I like that Losman is in between both starting offensive tackles in the stretching after practice too. :up:

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10004/normal_Photo023%7E24.jpg

Nighthawk
08-04-2006, 07:33 PM
Mikey, please tell me that Losman looks good out there and all this Holcomb crap is just a joke!?!?

Michael82
08-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Mikey, please tell me that Losman looks good out there and all this Holcomb crap is just a joke!?!?
I'm not sure I can do that. Losman looks really good, but sometimes he looks off. I really believe that the competition is a good thing for him, but the way it's getting done is not right. It seems like sometimes the QB will get 3 or 4 plays in and then it goes right to the other QB, and sometimes they only get 1 play in and rotate 1 or 2 plays a piece. I also think that it's making the offense so it's not in sync right now and it's starting to show at times in practice. Jauron better think of a new way to do that because this to me doesn't seem like the right way.

Oh, another thing that doesn't help is that sometimes they are counting handoffs as their reps with the starters and that skews things a bit.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 07:37 PM
I will also say this.... the defense is jelling nicely and looks like it's a lot better right now. The defensive line is especially starting to show good penetration and cause problems with the OL.

Nighthawk
08-04-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm not sure I can do that. Losman looks really good, but sometimes he looks off. I really believe that the competition is a good thing for him, but the way it's getting done is not right. It seems like sometimes the QB will get 3 or 4 plays in and then it goes right to the other QB, and sometimes they only get 1 play in and rotate 1 or 2 plays a piece. I also think that it's making the offense so it's not in sync right now and it's starting to show at times in practice. Jauron better think of a new way to do that because this to me doesn't seem like the right way.

Oh, another thing that doesn't help is that sometimes they are counting handoffs as their reps with the starters and that skews things a bit.

Dick is starting to show some of his warts. I'm afraid in the interest of competition that he is hurting the team. From what I've read and heard from people who have been at camp, Losman looks better when he is in for longer periods of time. That makes sense since the offense starts to feel comfortable and then they jerk him out and noodle arm goes in and throws it all to *****.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Dick is starting to show some of his warts. I'm afraid in the interest of competition that he is hurting the team. From what I've read and heard from people who have been at camp, Losman looks better when he is in for longer periods of time. That makes sense since the offense starts to feel comfortable and then they jerk him out and noodle arm goes in and throws it all to *****.
That's what I've noticed too. If I were to put all the practices and include the backup reps in, I think that JP Losman is in the lead right now. But like you said, it hasn't been fair to either of the QBs with how it's gotten done. I'd like to see JP get like 10 plays and then Kelly get 10 plays. Let them get a chance to feel comfortable. That would show u who is better.

Nighthawk
08-04-2006, 07:52 PM
That's what I've noticed too. If I were to put all the practices and include the backup reps in, I think that JP Losman is in the lead right now. But like you said, it hasn't been fair to either of the QBs with how it's gotten done. I'd like to see JP get like 10 plays and then Kelly get 10 plays. Let them get a chance to feel comfortable. That would show u who is better.

Mikey, why the hell aren't we coaching this team? :scratch:

Michael82
08-04-2006, 07:59 PM
Mikey, why the hell aren't we coaching this team? :scratch:
:rofl: Good question. Didn't most of us want that good coach from Green Bay? Mike Sherman? :D

Nighthawk
08-04-2006, 08:04 PM
:rofl: Good question. Didn't most of us want that good coach from Green Bay? Mike Sherman? :D

We could lead this team to the Super Bowl baby! OK, maybe not, but's it's nice to dream!

Captain gameboy
08-04-2006, 08:27 PM

I think I disagree with this a bit.
I would bet that they have a schedule for how long this QB neutrality goes on, and we are not at that point yet.
When we hit it, and I bet its a date as much as an objective decision on who is doing better, the starter will be obvious and getting most of the time with most of the starters, with others filling in in spot positions because of eventual roster decisions. Like sticking in the fourth wide out with the starters just to decide who to keep etc.

I would draw no conclusions about any of this from the first week of practice. I think they have a plan to get the eventual starter all he needs, but in due time.

lordofgun
08-04-2006, 08:36 PM
I would bet that they have a schedule for how long this QB neutrality goes on, and we are not at that point yet.
When we hit it, and I bet its a date as much as an objective decision on who is doing better, the starter will be obvious and getting most of the time with most of the starters, with others filling in in spot positions because of eventual roster decisions. Like sticking in the fourth wide out with the starters just to decide who to keep etc.

I would draw no conclusions about any of this from the first week of practice. I think they have a plan to get the eventual starter all he needs, but in due time.
Good point. It's a long camp.

Nighthawk
08-04-2006, 08:39 PM

I hope you're right...I really do.

Michael82
08-04-2006, 08:40 PM

I hope you are right, but I'm not so sure yet. :pray:

Crisis
08-04-2006, 08:40 PM
I will also say this.... the defense is jelling nicely and looks like it's a lot better right now. The defensive line is especially starting to show good penetration and cause problems with the OL.
Is that because the DL is playing well or the OL just blows?

Michael82
08-04-2006, 08:45 PM
Is that because the DL is playing well or the OL just blows?
I think it's because the DL is playing really well. But some of the OL blows. They have no depth. And Fowler hasn't done anything to impress me. :shakeno:

I miss Trey Teague. :ill:

Nighthawk
08-04-2006, 08:47 PM
I think it's because the DL is playing really well. But some of the OL blows. They have no depth. And Fowler hasn't done anything to impress me. :shakeno:

Ouch...that hurts!

HHURRICANE
08-04-2006, 09:34 PM

Ouch!! I was packing Trey Teague's suitcase when he left.

I'm with you that it's hard for the OL to gel with 2 Qb's and the short, multiple rotations.

I am going to say this. I am one of the people that think Holcomb is going to get the job. I just have a bad feeling about it. I will feel realy bad for JP if this happens but I think the coaches start drinking the "we can win now kool-aid" and they abandon ship. I hope to God I am wrong.

The_Philster
08-04-2006, 09:40 PM
yeah...but he got 2 interviews for head coach..gotta think there was something wrong with him if he was actually "the best" coach out there...as many of us did

HHURRICANE
08-04-2006, 09:49 PM
It seems like JP Losman and Jason Peters are starting to form a good relationship. I like that Losman is in between both starting offensive tackles in the stretching after practice too.

Maybe JP can convince Peters to roll up on Holcombs leg.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:52 PM

DJ and Marv won't do that. It would be more of a LEGIT competition and JP just might win that.

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 09:54 PM
yeah...but he got 2 interviews for head coach..gotta think there was something wrong with him if he was actually "the best" coach out there...as many of us did

Nah his problem is money and control. He would have come in and ran most of the Bills operation and Marv didn't like that. He also, as GOOD Coaches do, would have tabbed JP the starter and worked JP's butt off this offseason. The put him in for 16 games and played it out. You know...like a good coach does.

So far All marv and DJ have done is lie to the QB's, Us and the team about the LEGIT competition.

The_Philster
08-04-2006, 09:56 PM
Nah his problem is money and control. He would have come in and ran most of the Bills operation and Marv didn't like that. He also, as GOOD Coaches do, would have tabbed JP the starter and worked JP's butt off this offseason. The put him in for 16 games and played it out. You know...like a good coach does.I don't buy that as a reason Marv wouldn't hire him but let's say you're right about that. It still doesn't explain why he got only 2 interviews

So far All marv and DJ have done is lie to the QB's, Us and the team about the LEGIT competition.that's all speculation at this point

ICE74129
08-04-2006, 10:01 PM
I don't buy that as a reason Marv wouldn't hire him but let's say you're right about that. It still doesn't explain why he got only 2 interviews

that's all speculation at this point

I disagree. Its showing its self more and more each day at camp. And I am pretty sure its why marv didn't hire him. Sherman wants more control than Marv would give up.

The_Philster
08-04-2006, 10:03 PM
It still doesn't explain why he got only 2 interviews