PDA

View Full Version : Want a REALLY depressing thought?

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 07:57 AM
Holcomb is the QB for this year and 2 more. When they hand him the job (which is what will happen since this QB comp is a farce) he will play this year. Go about 6-10 or 7-9 and the fans will scream 'yea...we improved'.

Marv will then put more money into the defense and we will go 8-8 or 9-7 MAYBE all the time struggling on offense because of ints, Fumbles, being hurt off and on due to holcomb. Ah but hey, Marv will draft HIS Jim Kelly in the 07 draft. So that kid will sit and learn.

But then due to him being just a first year player, there will be another 'competition' which the rookie will lose and we will hear Willis, Evans and co follow the others suit and say 'Win now' so we can't start the kid we drafted. Sooooo....holcomb starts again. Problem is he is now 36 years old, cant throw it 20 yards but we go 8-8 and dang....are just this close to making the playoffs. At that time we have to deal with several of the young guys on this team heading off because Marv can't or wont pay them. And we are rebuilding again.

Yeah I know. Just embellishing and I admit that. But tell me you can't see that happening :bandwagon

Look the smart thing would have been just hire sherman, let him name JP the starter and let it play out. If he wasn't the guy, cut or trade him in Feb 07 and get a guy in here. Man I wish Nall hadn't gotten hurt.

Mr. Miyagi
08-05-2006, 08:04 AM
Hey Ice, how about a neg?

Mitchy moo
08-05-2006, 08:31 AM
:deadhorse

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Hey Ice, how about a neg?

Hey Its not my fault the reality is starting to take shape

Mitchy moo
08-05-2006, 10:19 AM
Hey Its not my fault the reality is starting to take shape

Obsessive complusive disorder, get your obsess..................... right here.

HAMMER
08-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Ice, whether you are right or wrong is not the issue. WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, stop saying the same thing over and over. Good God.

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Obsessive complusive disorder, get your obsess..................... right here.

No its an issue of being right.

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Ice, whether you are right or wrong is not the issue. WE KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, stop saying the same thing over and over. Good God.

No. Now feel free to use the ignore option on me. I would welcome it from you. And I thought as long as I was here you were leaving?

YardRat
08-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I wish Nall hadn't gotten hurt also.

Mitchy moo
08-05-2006, 12:33 PM
No its an issue of being right.

Your right, we just don't need to rehash it several dozen ways.

HAMMER
08-05-2006, 02:13 PM
No. Now feel free to use the ignore option on me. I would welcome it from you. And I thought as long as I was here you were leaving?

No, I said I wouldn't donate again until you were gone. I thought you were and so last week I donated. Now the mods let you come back.

Edited for TOS - Lecter

Mad Bomber
08-05-2006, 04:38 PM
"Want a REALLY depressing thought?"

No. I don't.

Dr. Lecter
08-05-2006, 05:01 PM
ICE, if JP is named the starter I hope you start the thread announcing the decision.

dannyek71
08-05-2006, 06:04 PM
I still think its JPs to loose based on what ive seen at camp

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 10:32 PM
ICE, if JP is named the starter I hope you start the thread announcing the decision.

:bandwagon

DraftBoy
08-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Marv will then put more money into the defense and we will go 8-8 or 9-7 MAYBE all the time struggling on offense because of ints, Fumbles, being hurt off and on due to holcomb. Ah but hey, Marv will draft HIS Jim Kelly in the 07 draft. So that kid will sit and learn.

This I agree with!

Statman
08-06-2006, 09:25 AM
Can't the same thing be said about many others here talking about how we are so improved and such? The only real improvements are of the pep rally kind.

Many fans that want to see the Bills winning are tired of hearing and seeing that season after season.

You can't have a message board and expect people not to complain about that. Homers for the Bills are a vast minority. There aren't a lot of them except for here and other message boards.

Holcomb is a fully known quantity. Does anyone expect that he's going to improve much? If so, then why? He's 33. His career is almost over. There's no reason to start him. There's not even a reason to give him a shot at starting unless we're playing for something this season. Are we? Are we willing to toss a season of another young QB's development under the bus to try to what, go 7-9 this year? Does that make sense? Good QBs are lucky to last much past 34 or 35 these days and Holcomb isn't good.

The fact that he's even getting a shot to start is crazy. I don't think the Bills will win more games with him in there either. I think they'll lose more. I'd rather see Nall or Kingsbury start than Holcomb.

Statman
08-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Holcomb is the QB for this year and 2 more. When they hand him the job (which is what will happen since this QB comp is a farce) he will play this year. Go about 6-10 or 7-9 and the fans will scream 'yea...we improved'.
This team will be lucky to see 6 wins under Holcomb. Holcomb won't win you any games but will lose them. Sure, he may "win a game" for you, but then he'll lose two.

We all saw how we played last season with him at QB. Spare me the "it was a different system with different coaches" thing. We have no idea what "system" we're going to use or how it will work with the talent we have. It's as clear as water while you're on the Maid of the Mist that Holcomb has no good medium to deep arm and that simply isn't going to improve in his mid-30s.

Besides, Jauron and Fairchild don't exactly bring credentials from the Parcells/Belichick school of coaching now, do they.

Shame on those that think that what happens in camp determines anything as to what will happen on the field in the fall. Every year we hear this and every year for at least the last five we've been disappointed. But this year it's gonna be different according to many people. Yeah yeah. And if it isn't? Then when is it too early to begin talking about our next coach and GM?

What if Fletcher leaves after the season along with Clements and Spikes then wants out again like he did in Cincy, or is he gonna be happy with another Cincy-like season here this year? Buffalo's been 6-10, 9-7, and 5-11 the last three seasons. If we go 5-11 or 6-10 again, it's really not what Takeo had in mind when he came here. How long is he gonna sit still for this in his 30s then?

Meanwhile, if we are that bad, then it will once again be because of bad lines which means that in addition to fixing lines that we once again supposedly just fixed with veteran players that shouldn't need more than a few games to get up to speed, we will need to fix them again along with replacing players like Clements and Fletcher on top of all the other positions that we're not getting much good play from.

When Holcomb came it was unanimous that he'd be a good backup that could be counted on to start a string of games but that he's not starter material. It's funny how all of a sudden he's become the Bills best chances in the minds of many.

He's an aging vet with a decent short game, not much of a medium game, and a bad deep game who's 33 and at the end of his career. That's all that he is. If he starts, the only thing that that tells us is that Levy and Jauron have absolutely no vision for this team.

justasportsfan
08-06-2006, 10:15 AM

Ms. Brittney Spears:

:oops: ICE did it again.

ICE74129
08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
Ms. Brittney Spears:

:oops: ICE did it again.

LOL

ScottLawrence
08-06-2006, 03:45 PM
Want a REALLY depressing thought?

no.

ScottLawrence
08-06-2006, 03:46 PM

But then due to him being just a first year player, there will be another 'competition' which the rookie will lose and we will hear Willis, Evans and co follow the others suit and say 'Win now' so we can't start the kid we drafted. Sooooo....holcomb starts again. Problem is he is now 36 years old, cant throw it 20 yards but we go 8-8 and dang....are just this close to making the playoffs. At that time we have to deal with several of the young guys on this team heading off because Marv can't or wont pay them. And we are rebuilding again.

Yeah I know. Just embellishing and I admit that. But tell me you can't see that happening :bandwagon

Look the smart thing would have been just hire sherman, let him name JP the starter and let it play out. If he wasn't the guy, cut or trade him in Feb 07 and get a guy in here. Man I wish Nall hadn't gotten hurt.

Are you Jesus Christ?

ICE74129
08-06-2006, 05:40 PM
Are you Jesus Christ?

No but I know him and he isn't a holcomb fan.

Drive 4 Five
08-06-2006, 11:10 PM
Here's a prediction. ICE will be tossed out AGAIN within two weeks. And there is NOTHING depressing about that. It's like Jeckyl & Hyde with this guy. Oh and here is another prediction. J.P. Losman will be your starting QB when all is said and done and this team is going top start winning some ball games again damn it. Actually that is like three predictions but whose counting?

Mitchy moo
08-07-2006, 06:06 AM
No but I know him and he isn't a holcomb fan.

Hopefully the wonderful JP event from yesterday will quiet you for a while. JP is going to start man, relax.

shelby
08-07-2006, 07:23 AM
i think ICE has turned over a new leaf. Give him a chance, y'all.