• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Bills turn the corner against the pass

Maybe we're not the walking dead as the realists have said.

• ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills turn the corner against the pass

Originally posted by Skooby

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060805/1053427.asp
    Hummm I don't think they play kelly holcomb 16 games a season, so I wouldn't get all excited yet

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
      Hummm I don't think they play kelly holcomb 16 games a season, so I wouldn't get all excited yet
      Your like John Goodman in the Big lebowski, talking about the vietnam. You keep applying KH to everything you are saying. We understand you prefer JP, most of us do. Please stop beating up all the posts and posters about it and try to stay near topic. The Bills D has nothing to do with KH, Nothing. Do you get it?

P.S. Obsessive complusive people make most people nervous.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Your like John Goodman in the Big lebowski, talking about the vietnam. You keep applying KH to everything you are saying. We understand you prefer JP, most of us do. Please stop beating up all the posts and posters about it and try to stay near topic. The Bills D has nothing to do with KH, Nothing. Do you get it?

P.S. Obsessive complusive people make most people nervous.
        No I just prefer a good QB, dont' you? Holcomb isn't it. You post this article talking about how good the Defense looks. Guess what? Its against Kelly holcomb. Point is, we don't play that many sucky QB's this year.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
          Sab and TD are insignificant
          • Sep 2002

I was hoping they'd be saying someone on the Dline has really stepped up.
          www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Mitchy moo
            Roways rooking ahread!
            • Sep 2005

No I just prefer a good QB, dont' you? Holcomb isn't it. You post this article talking about how good the Defense looks. Guess what? Its against Kelly holcomb. Point is, we don't play that many sucky QB's this year.
            I do prefer a better QB, we know who we like currently in camp but repeating it several 100 times is not a way to get your point across.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

I like Greer and King a lot...we're set in the secondary for a long time with all these youngsters.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

http://buffalonews.com/editorial/20060805/1053427.asp
                Two problems:

As Ice pointed out, a lot of the offenses we are playing will be better than ours, so it might not be so easy in the real world.

Second, the cover 2 depends on a pass rush from the front four. Give any NFL QB 5-6-7 seconds, someone will be open. The best secondary in the NFL can only cover for a limited amount of time. So success of the secondary is mostly dictated by the pass rush. Considering that Denny or Kelsay and Tim Anderson are likely to be starters, don't count on much of a pass rush.

And one more thing: You've said repeatedly that it's too early to say that we will suck. If that's the case, isn't it also too early to tell that we'll be good? Last year, the D looked smothering through camp, most of preseason and even the first game of the regular season. But we all know how that turned out.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                  • Jan 2004

Your unbelieveable man.

I have never understood your logic in that Holcomb sucks, but JP is better?

In what way?

Your telling everyone hear that defense's would rather play Holcomb then JP Losman? A quarterback who at one point, struggled to throw for 75 yards a game.

Holcomb sure as hell was playing like a good quarterback last year....Winning 4 games on a 5-11 football team.
                  You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                    Your unbelieveable man.

In what way?

Your telling everyone hear that defense's would rather play Holcomb then JP Losman? A quarterback who at one point, struggled to throw for 75 yards a game.

Holcomb sure as hell was playing like a good quarterback last year....Winning 4 games on a 5-11 football team.
                    right now they both suck. The big difference is that Losman has more physical talent. At this stage of his career, Holcomb isn't going to get any better. Losman might.

So, we can either settle for Holcomb's 110 yards a game, or go with JP's 75 yards a game and hope that with some experience and practice he can turn it into 275 yards a game.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                      • Jul 2002

And hopefully our secondary got even better with the Whitner signing.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                        Your unbelieveable man.

In what way?

Last time I checked Holcomb won 3 games and JP 2. Starts don't = wins. Sorry. And you know that really does suck to go 3-4 when you are a 10 year vet vs 2-7 for a first year guy. 9 more years exp only = 1 more win? Pretty pathetic.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                          I like Greer and King a lot...we're set in the secondary for a long time with all these youngsters.
                          I thought King looked good in camp and preseason last year- he didn't get on the field much though.

I'm a little concerned that he won't make the team with our loaded secondary though- Clements, McGee, Vincent, Simpson, Youboty, Whitner, Greer, K Thomas, Bowen, King. By my count, that's 10 DB's- how many do most teams keep?
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                          X