Are you people JP Losman fans or Buffalo Bills fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ScottLawrence
    • Jan 2004

Are you people JP Losman fans or Buffalo Bills fans?

Give me a break.

All I read on this board is the bashing of Kelly Holcomb, and the **** sucking of JP Losman.

"If Holcomb starts I give up on the Levy/Jauron era"

Let me clear some things up for you guys......If Holcomb starts, he is obviously STILL better then JP, therefore, why would you be bashing the move of putting the best players on the field, which in this case, is Holcomb?

You fools killed Donahoe for the last 5 years every week, when all of you think exactly like he did.

Didn't you clowns learn from last year? You start JP(assuming he is still not the better quarterback), and you send a message to your team, you don't care about winning.

I want the best quarterback on the field for the 2006 season, because I want to win.

And all of you wonder why this team hasn't been to the playoffs in 6 years.....A majority of there fans think like losers.
    You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: Are you people JP Losman fans or Buffalo Bills fans?

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
    Give me a break.

Let me clear some things up for you guys......If Holcomb starts, he is obviously STILL better then JP.
    That doesn't follow at all. It just means JP isn't way ahead of him. If they're about equal, Holcomb will get it only because he's technically the incumbent and a veteran.

Anyone who's pro-winning has no reason to root for Holcomb. He won't win you any games.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
      • Jul 2002

Give me a break.

All I read on this board is the bashing of Kelly Holcomb, and the **** sucking of JP Losman.

Let me clear some things up for you guys......If Holcomb starts, he is obviously STILL better then JP, therefore, why would you be bashing the move of putting the best players on the field, which in this case, is Holcomb?

You fools killed Donahoe for the last 5 years every week, when all of you think exactly like he did.

Didn't you clowns learn from last year? You start JP(assuming he is still not the better quarterback), and you send a message to your team, you don't care about winning.

I want the best quarterback on the field for the 2006 season, because I want to win.

And all of you wonder why this team hasn't been to the playoffs in 6 years.....A majority of there fans think like losers.

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Give me a break.

It's not about who's the better QB NOW- it's about whether or not we have a franchise QB in JP. If Holcomb starts, it either means JP is not capable of being an NFL starter or the coaching staff is not allowing him to develop into one. KH is NOT a long-term answer at QB.

If he starts, it means we either spend the off-season looking for another young QB to develop and struggle for 2-3 years while that development happens, or go into 07 with the EXACT SAME QB question that we had in '05 and still have in '06. That's piss-poor management and doesn't help the team win.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• SquishDaFish
          Lets GO BUFFALO!!
          • Jun 2005

Im a DIEHARD Bills fan and always will be. But I like many of the Real Bills fans know is that Holcomb sucks and wont bring us to postseason. Our best chance is to see what the youngster has by LETTING HIM PLAY! and not jerk him around and hurt his confidence even more. Hes a 1st rounder and they deserve at least 1 FULL year of starting with a competition to win the job of course. Dont have it handed to you (hmm like MooJokey & Dona**** did) If he doesnt have it after 1 full year this year then get someone NEW and NOT HOLCOMB!!

Comment

• BillyT92679
            • Jul 2002

Give me a break.

Well, since I'm actually an optimistic one and I think the Bills will be 8-8 no matter who the QB is, I'd rather have Losman since he was a first round pick and we have a hell of an investment in him. We ALL want to win, but we're all understanding that this team (which I think will be considerably better than many pessimists think) is honestly a year away from being a playoff contender.
            Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• TedMock
              • Jul 2002

There isn't anybody who doesn't want the best players on the field. I think most people (including myself) are hoping to god Losman wins the job. Why? Because if Holcomb is our best option, there isn't a whole heck of a lot of hope. I will root for him endlessly as he is our QB, but I'm hoping JP is our QB for the next several years, and a very successful one. I don't want to have to draft a QB in round 1 come April. I'm a Bills fan first, obviously, but if the "best" QB means 6-10, and the young QB means 5-11, then give me 5-11 with steady growth and maturity that makes us the team to talk about in 2007. At some point we have to let the team grow together, especially the young offense. I will cheer equally as hard regardless of who's the starting QB. I actually like Holcomb. Reality, however, is that he's not going to be around very long as a starter at his age. Holcomb starting means another project next season, and another year of growing pains for some young QB. Now, if Holcomb means 10 wins, and Losman means 5, well that's a different story all together. I just don't think the disparity is that great. If Losman flat-out loses the job by miles, we absolutely need to drop him as he will officially be a bust. This is a very different battle than the RJ v. Flutie for me because not only would I love to see Losman succeed, and have Holcomb as a quality, veteran backup. I like both guys. I absolutely HATED RJ and Flutie back then. At least the two guys here now are acting like adults.

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                • Jul 2002

I'm a BILLS fan, and have been for over 40 years.

I've seen some of the best and worst QBs ever play for the Bills.

I want the Bills to win now, but I want to see them take steps to win for years to come. I am not a JP or KH fan; I just feel we need to see if JP has what it takes to become a winner in the NFL. If not, then cut him and keep looking. I seriously do not feel that Holcomb will be the QB to take the Bills anywhere for any length of time.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                  I seriously do not feel that Holcomb will be the QB to take the Bills anywhere for any length of time.
                  Long term? Who cares about that when Holcomb might be able to get us to 8-8?
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

I'll take 5-11 with JP over 7-9 with Holcomb. At least then there's a chance for 2007.

I can think of nothing more pointless than a non-playoff year with an aging journeyman as our starter.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                      Long term? Who cares about that when Holcomb might be able to get us to 8-8?
                      I didn't say long term. I said ANY length of time. That means one season or less. Or one game or less.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Both QBs will see plenty of action this year no matter who the starter is. They both are injury prone.

Neither QB is the "future" of the Bills. I for one don't want KH as the Bills future. And I don't want to consider JP the Bills future when he can't clearly beat out KH by now.

The "future" QB of the Bills has not been drafted yet.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

I assume you mean "sucking up to" rather than "sucking of" since you are obviously in favor of Holcomb. If you mean by "bashing of Kelly Holcomb" that people have said they think that he dumps the ball off too much, that he doesn't have a very good arm, and that at 33 he is probably on the downside of his career, then I am guilty. That's what I think and that's what I've said. I'm also on record as saying if he wins the starting QB job, I will support him and cheer the Bills. I just don't think it bodes well for the team if he is the starter. It doesn't mean that he is a great QB as much as it means the Losman experiment is a failure. I have seen some bashing of Kelly Holcomb on this forum. I've also seen bashing of JP Losman. Some people seem only able to see one side of it.

I don't much like or respect posters who have the habit of calling everyone else fools or clowns whatever their opinion is. You can expect I'll do my part to neg you into oblilvion.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Give me a break.

What part of Holcomb is a career loser and even if he was QB of the 2000 ravens team they wouldn't make the playoffs with him, do you not get?

If you want to send the team a message that you don't care about winning, let the QB position be about the most liked QB and start holcomb, the career loser.

Comment

• jmb1099
                              • Sep 2004

Typical post from this poster and typical approval from those who either think like him or want to continue to feed the fire. Scott, no offense, but this might be the worst post in the history of the Zone. The process of having a winning football team is building a winning football team. Donahoe didn't understand that and while you accuse others of being Donahoe-ish, it is you who apparently doesn't realize that building a team is more than a one year process.

As far as losman is concerned maybe you (and others) should read some camp reports...he is improved over last year and is really starting to fire on all cylinders. Now here is where I'll save some of you anti -losman guys the time and energy needed to post more rubbish: Lets see if he can keep up the performance level he had today. Read the camp reports, read the blogs...he is improving with his best day so far...he hardly missed a freaking pass! Doesn't sound to bad from where I sit.

Comment

Working...
                              X