PDA

View Full Version : Why JP is not going to win this job...

raphael120
08-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Anyone see this paragraph in the one article on buffalobills.com?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3929

---With J.P. Losman standing beside him Holcomb addressed the receiving corps shortly after practice.
"He told us, 'Don't forget we were ranked 29th in offense and the way we practiced today it showed,'" said Sam Aiken. "So let's come out tomorrow and step it up."
"He just told us to keep our heads up and not worry about it," said Wilson. "It's just one day and that we'll get in the meeting room and get things corrected and come back out and have a better day tomorrow."---

I repeat...
With J.P. Losman standing beside him Holcomb addressed the receiving corps shortly after practice.

Meaning Holcomb seems to be the one wearing the pants in this QB competition. I dont know if JP is just too much of a wuss to say anything because he's just as much as fault, but then again I hear Holcomb isnt doing so hot on the offense either. But as long as he's the only one speaking up, Holcomb is going to get this job until JP stands up and stops bein his little monkey b*tch standing beside him while daddy talks to the rest of the kids. This just doesn't look good and I think is a sign of real bad things to come. JP OPEN YOUR DAMN MOUTH AND LEAD THIS TEAM!

Mad Bomber
08-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Holcomb definitely has more leadership qualities than JP. I wish he had the physical abilities to go along with it.

I agree that JP needs to work on being a leader and gain the respect of his teammates.

TedMock
08-05-2006, 02:38 PM

---With J.P. Losman standing beside him Holcomb addressed the receiving corps shortly after practice.
"He told us, 'Don't forget we were ranked 29th in offense and the way we practiced today it showed,'" said Sam Aiken. "So let's come out tomorrow and step it up."
"He just told us to keep our heads up and not worry about it," said Wilson. "It's just one day and that we'll get in the meeting room and get things corrected and come back out and have a better day tomorrow."---

I repeat...
With J.P. Losman standing beside him Holcomb addressed the receiving corps shortly after practice.

Meaning Holcomb seems to be the one wearing the pants in this QB competition. I dont know if JP is just too much of a wuss to say anything because he's just as much as fault, but then again I hear Holcomb isnt doing so hot on the offense either. But as long as he's the only one speaking up, Holcomb is going to get this job until JP stands up and stops bein his little monkey b*tch standing beside him while daddy talks to the rest of the kids. This just doesn't look good and I think is a sign of real bad things to come. JP OPEN YOUR DAMN MOUTH AND LEAD THIS TEAM!

Don't read too much into this stuff. The NFL.com article from yesterday said that Losman is being more vocal and showing more leadership this year, and it didn't really mention Holcomb. There's stuff out there flying in both directions. Who knows? If Holcomb was giving the pep-talk yesterday, that doesn't mean JP should've stepped in and added something, and vice-versa. We can't get much from one paragraph in these various articles.

Don't Panic
08-05-2006, 02:38 PM
Fair point raph, but it should be no surprise that Holcomb is more of a verbal leader than JP. That is a skill that JP will have to develop with time. In the end, this whole thing comes down to whether or not JP's physical talents excede Holcomb's. If they do, JP starts. If they don't.... we're screwed.

Philagape
08-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Oh but if JP starts to be more vocal, then he's "arrogant"

FlyingDutchman
08-05-2006, 02:47 PM
Its probably hard to speak up considering he was benched last year and his confidence had to take a hit, hes very young, and some vets dont have respect for him. I think hes gotta let his play talk first, then be a leader. Prove that hes worth listening to. The only reason Holcomb has a leg to stand on is bc of seniority.

raphael120
08-05-2006, 03:21 PM
im rooting for jp as much as the next bills fan, but the end goal is a super bowl...not a good record, not a wild card berth, but a super bowl. And a completely rebuilt football team with an answer for a long term QB that is effective and can provide stability within this team is the right path to get there. Not starting a career backup with fingers crossed he doesnt screw up. Take this a few ways:

Start JP, if he sucks, shows no improvement, dump him.
Start Jp, shows major improvement as the season goes on, keep him, dump Holcomb.
Start JP, he's awesome, answers QB ?.
Start Holcomb, he sucks, wasted season, we dump JP, still big QB ?
Start Holcomb, he is average at best, we have a winning season, he's old as father time, we get rid of him, still big QB ?
Start Holcomb, he's awesome, we go to the playoffs, he's as old as father time, at age 42 plays for the jets, still need a QB.

All signs point to even if Holcomb is good, the bills, long term, are still screwed. I really dont see him playing much better than he did last year. And next year we probably wont have mcgahee or clements, and who knows what other vets. So we got an old dude at QB, and a big RB question. Now think about the draft. How many key positions would you have to worry about then???

I dunno...im just tired of thinking about it, just waiting for the season to start and we can just watch instead of ramblin on about stats this, and homer this and realist that.

ICE74129
08-05-2006, 10:34 PM

I repeat...

Why so the 'Veterans' that already hate him can now make it sound like he is an egotistical *******? The kid just can't win in Buffalo

Tatonka
08-05-2006, 11:25 PM
god.. this whole ****ing thing is so old.

if KH leaves a bigger log of **** in the toilet than jp does, someone is going to start a thread about it and use it as a "reason" to prove jp is a bust.. or a wuss.. or cocky.. or injury prone.

good thread...

for me to poop on.

Kerr
08-06-2006, 12:11 AM
You can be a leader through your performance as well. As long as JP plays well, he doesn't have to worry about opening his mouth.