PDA

View Full Version : Best place for Price!

kgun12
02-20-2003, 04:34 PM
San Deigo where else. He and Flutie can sit and talk about how neither of them get any respect, they never got the chance to be the man, and they can start the a new club called :

The Poor MeMe Brotherhood Club! Solgin "We whine cause we never get to shine:cry: :angry:

Gotta :heart: me!

Romes
02-20-2003, 04:41 PM
KGun can you show me a quote where Price (himself not his agent or some reporter) comes across as a greedy whiner?

kgun12
02-20-2003, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Romes
KGun can you show me a quote where Price (himself not his agent or some reporter) comes across as a greedy whiner?

Here you go there where a lot more at archives but, they were expired. you can look through them at any of the sites.

Bills' Price bypassed for trip to Hawaii

Being omitted from the AFC's roster upsets the speedy receiver

By Sal Maiorana
Democrat and Chronicle

(December 20, 2002) — ORCHARD PARK — Peerless Price had a feeling this was going to happen, but that didn’t lessen the sting of being left off the AFC’s Pro Bowl squad.

Even though he is enjoying a career year with 84 receptions for 1,156 yards and 9 touchdowns, Price was beaten out for the four receiver spots available by teammate Eric Moulds, Indianapolis’ Marvin Harrison, Hines Ward of Pittsburgh and Jerry Rice of Oakland.

“I know how it is, if my numbers are comparable to guys that have been there, they’re going to go, that’s just the way it is,” Price said Thursday.

“There’s some politics that go into everything. Even if you have a career year, it’s not a given if someone else is putting up similar numbers and they’ve been there.

“A lot of guys vote for their boys, regardless of what type of year you have. That’s just the way it is, guys will vote for familiar names.”

Price was named an alternate and he may go to Hawaii if one of the selected players doesn’t play. But he said his exclusion still hurts, and it has made him think hard about his future.

Price will be an unrestricted free agent at the end of the year, and while he’s in a nice situation in Buffalo playing with a star quarterback like Drew Bledsoe, he also realizes be may never become the primary receiver and garner Pro Bowl attention playing alongside Moulds.

“I feel if I came back here and did the same thing next year I’d get in,” he said. “But I feel like, yeah, if I’m somewhere else getting the majority of the throws then my numbers will be that much better so it’s like a Catch-22.

“(This) definitely makes me think about (leaving). It’s a thought, of course. It’s me being a competitor and the type of player I am. It’s a thought because I know there’s more opportunities out there for me.”

Naturally, Bledsoe thought Price deserved a spot on the team.

“Peerless has won some games for us, obviously he’s pretty important to us,” Bledsoe said. “He’s a large part of the reason why I’m going to the Pro Bowl and Eric and Ruben (Brown) are going.

“We’re disappointed that Peerless didn’t get voted in. Hopefully somebody will step back and he’ll get to come over with us.”

E-mail address: smaioran@DemocratandChronicle.com
:)

Fatwhite02
02-20-2003, 11:58 PM
I hate Doug Flutie, and if Peerless takes the money to go elsewhere and doesn't want to stay w/ the bills well than let him go and see how he does and we will send him a picture with SB rings on our fingers and then see how he feels.

Romes
02-21-2003, 01:23 AM
Maybe someone can help me find it. Where is that article in which they interviewed Price around or after the Pro Bowl. He said that yeah at that time he was mad and dissapointed but he got over it. That is was just a spur of the moment competitive fire type of thing. Does anyone else remember that? I'm trying to find it because it is the most recent words to come out of Prices mouth about the situation.

Romes
02-21-2003, 01:54 AM
Aha!! I found it. Buffalo News February 11, 2003

Take this KGun :D

http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20030211/1019290.asp

This is Price talking about the tag

"I don't see it as a negative," Price said. "The only way it's negative is if they do it to be spiteful, and I don't think that would be the case. I think it would show that they really want me back."

Another good quote that I believe to defend PP's character

"I wouldn't want to go out on the open market, but as it gets closer and closer it's becoming more of a reality," Price said. "It's more a feeling of uncertainty than excitement because you don't know what's going to happen."

And here it is the trump card. The quote I was looking for to negate the article you brought up.

"Being the main guy is not a priority," he said. "When the Pro Bowl team came out and I wasn't on it, yeah, I was upset. No doubt about it. But I got over it quick. I just think everything will work itself out. I know if come back and do the same things and stay consistent, I'll be in the Pro Bowl."

Doesn't seem like a greedy or whiney player to me. Very realistic and honest instead. Any arguements?

WG
02-21-2003, 04:21 AM
The big question is what are we gonna do next season?

We keep hearing that the team will pass less. Well, if that's the case, I certainly can't see Reed catching fewer balls than he did this year. Since the Bills only used 3 WRs, literally, it stands to reason that if there are fewer balls to go around and if Reed catches more, then either Price's or Moulds', or both's, production will decrease.

What will happen if Price only catches 80 balls? 70? In the interests of the team? Will he start *****ing after game 5 that 5 catches for 70 yards isn't enough? What if he is only on pace for 1,000 yards and 8 TDs after 8 games? Surely he won't think he's gonna make the pro bowl on that!

IDK, but the FO is sending mixed messages. On one hand we're gonna downplay the passing game this upcoming season. On the other, Price is gonna do what he did? Doesn't make sense.

What does make sense is that signing Price or simply keeping him at "tag rates" for a season, will certainly prevent us from plugging the necessary holes on D.

SoCalBillsFan
02-21-2003, 04:27 AM
Wys, its the front office's job to send mixed messages right now! also, when did the front office say Price was gonna be able to do the same things next year? People on this board have, I dont know that they have (correct me if I am wrong). even if they had, it could just be language to keep him interested in being here.

Secondly, the tag doesn't mean we have to sign him! It just gives us options! We at least have a shot at getting something in return.

WG
02-21-2003, 04:43 AM
It is my understanding that we are now committed to one of three things:

1. Paying him $5.1M for this one year only
2. Sign him to a new contract, ie. longer term than this one year
3. Trading him

This was the Franchise tag, no? If I'm not mistaken, the tag cannot be removed now, and the only way out of paying him $5M for this one year is to redo a new contract or trade him. No?

If so, then our options are limited. I'm thinkin' a 2nd rounder and I'm droolin' all over it. I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder and pay Price the money that he wants. Let alone a 1st and 3rd.

WG
02-21-2003, 04:45 AM
Also remember, that our options only mean something if we do something w/ Price before all the good players get scooped up in FAcy. If it takes us 8 weeks to dish Price, we sure won't have much choice for our defensive acquisitions. We simply can't go $5M over the cap in the hopes that we'll trade him. It would also weaken out bargaining position.

SoCalBillsFan
02-21-2003, 04:46 AM
Weeeeellllll that would change things a bit. I was told, however, that we can drop the tag at any time without penalty. That would ba a huge part of the "risk" factor.

WG
02-21-2003, 05:00 AM
If so, yes, it would mitigate the longterm risk. But the question still remains, how long will TD hold out trying to resign Price while options for defensive help get depleted?

In my mind, if the tag can be dropped, then Price has quite a bit of leverage. He can simply say that w/o any question, he won't sign a L/T deal. That would force TD's hand since usually when a FT is applied it is to obtain a L/T contract. It's not gonna do us much good to wait until May or June when most teams no longer have any cap space left in order to sign players the caliber and cost of Price. Atlanta's not gonna wait and not pursue other players and options simply on the hopes that Price will end up there.

Voltron
02-21-2003, 08:35 AM
Buffalo can reclaim the tag at any time and let PP go test the market.Look here! (http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1511951.html?1511951.html)

Not to mention the sign and trade clause saying that if we sign and trade him on the same day we incure no hit on our salary cap what so ever.

Not to get off the topic but although it pissed me off that you again seem to blame every problem we have on Drew I enjoyed reading your articale on the topic of Price Wys. :)

TigerJ
02-21-2003, 11:30 AM
My understanding is that the frianchise offer sheet is rescindable unless Price agrees to it. If he agrees, that becomes his contract until or unless it gets renegotiated. If he never agrees and fails to negotiate a new contract in its place, he's on the sidelines when next season rolls around.If it's rescinded Price obviously becomes a free agent. Buffalo could trade him at any time unless the franchise tag is rescinded.

WG
02-21-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
Buffalo can reclaim the tag at any time and let PP go test the market.Look here! (http://espn.go.com/nfl/columns/pasquarelli_len/1511951.html?1511951.html)

Not to mention the sign and trade clause saying that if we sign and trade him on the same day we incure no hit on our salary cap what so ever.

Not to get off the topic but although it pissed me off that you again seem to blame every problem we have on Drew I enjoyed reading your articale on the topic of Price Wys. :)

Sorry Voltron! Doesn't sound like my problem though. :)

Don't get so angry, eh. It's only an opinion. It's tough to argue against 18 personal TOs though in 7 losses. In spite of that, you apparently missed my point. Which was that we had more than enough tools for our passing game last year and we still only finished 8-8, largely b/c that passing game, for whatever reason, was just as responsible for killing us in losses as it may have been in helping us in wins, perhaps even more.

Therefore, it does not seem like we need more emphasis in the passing department. That's all, nothing more, nothing less. If you drew other stuff out of it, it wasn't meant that way. ;)

Thanks for the kudos on the article. I'm thinkin' TD has a plan. But if not, when it comes down to grabbing some players, I sure hope we don't wait for all the best ones to disappear before our eyes while we hold onto $5M cap space for Price who may or may not be here. Last year we waited and waited and had to settle for lesser players and pass on some real value deals in order to make some moves late in FAcy. I don't want that to happen again.

As well, I'll believe that trading him will be as easy as many think it is once the trade is made. I just don't see any team giving up a first round pick for Price who's played 4 years and only had one solid season. Atlanta is the only team that I foresee him fitting in w/ the skills he has w/o some other WR opposite him to make him shine. Vick has the scrambling and the on-the-move armstrength to get Price the deep ball and make it work. I don't see Price having more success than he did last season here anywhere else. Is Atlanta willing to part w/ a 1st rounder?

kgun12
02-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Romes and the rest that want to hear the negitive things out of PP's mouth before they get mad at him.

WHEN PP's AGENT TALKS McGEE IS TALKING FOR PRICE. UNTIL I HEAR PP COME OUT AND SAY DIFFERENT I HAVE TO LISTEN TO HIM THROUGH HIS AGENT!

We don't need a smoking gun. Sorry that a twilight zone thread. lol!

Romes
02-21-2003, 03:01 PM
An agent is like a lawyer. Most of them say whatever they need to say in order to win. Not necessarilly the truth. McGee's comments are an exact opposite to what TD has said about the situation. The truth is probably somewhere in between, but to trust McGee's comments as the whole hearted truth about Price's feelings is unrealistic.

kgun12
02-21-2003, 05:03 PM
Romes you can sit here and debate me all night on this, but your not going to change my mind on one very important point, and that is like Bruce Smith in his best days I DON"T LIKE PP's (MeMe's) attitude or personality. Period! Like I've said before, we have had a lot of MeMe here in the past and won JACK *****, I want players like Fletcher, Bledsoe, Teagues. The HE11 with the MeMe's. Let them go play Miami!

Romes
02-21-2003, 05:11 PM
Thats fine, I'm not here to try and make you change your mind. I just want to defend my point.

kgun12
02-21-2003, 09:28 PM
Anyhow, This is who I would put in my MEME Brotherhood Club:
ADD YOURS

P. Price
D. Flutie
B. Smith
A. Reed (the last year)
R. Moss
T. Owens