PDA

View Full Version : The Importance of September 10th

Don't Panic
08-05-2006, 03:01 PM
I was justing taking another look at the schedule and I realized what a huge game this is for us. Not so much because it's the first game of the year, but because it could mean tremendous things to this team if we can pull off a win. The boost to morale would be huge. We would head into Miami with a bit of justified attitude, and if, by chance, Culpepper isn't ready, we could steal one from them. Then it's home for two games against beatable Minnesota and the Jets. If we were above .500 after week 4, then I could see us ending the season over .500, maybe even going 10-6 and getting a playoff spot. It all starts with that NE game, though... win there, and we will have set serious tone for the season. Lose, and we will be vulnerable to mediocrity. I know many will say 'of course you need to win week 1', but I think in this year's Bills' case, it is vastly more important than your typical situation.

OpIv37
08-05-2006, 03:08 PM
the schedule definitely does not work in our favor. If we lose the first two on the road, or God forbid the first three, the season's in the ****ter.

On the other hand, if the Bills can win those first 3 or even go 2-1 over the first 3 and steal one from Miami or NE, we may be in for a suprisingly good season. I don't see that happening though- Bellicheck is just too good a coach, this team has struggled on the road for years, and we'll have new systems on both sides of the ball that the players will still be learning. One can always hope though...

Don't Panic
08-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Huge game. Either the Homers or the Realists will have a lot to talk about on the night of the 10th.

FlyingDutchman
08-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Hopefully Branch holds out, then their top receiver is Rasheed Caldwell.

Mad Bomber
08-05-2006, 04:13 PM
Hopefully Branch holds out, then their top receiver is Rasheed Caldwell.
One could only hope...

shelby
08-05-2006, 04:28 PM
On any given Sunday, gentlemen.....

:gobills:

PromoTheRobot
08-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Uhhh...if we lose Sep.10 then we are 0-1. Definitely cause to slit our wrists. Seriously, even if we go 0-2 the first two games, the schedule gets much easier the rest of the way. I expect us to lose early, not just because of our QB situation, but our secondary too. If we have Whittner and another rookie, or two, starting, there will be a learning curve before they get the hang of things.

PTR

OpIv37
08-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Uhhh...if we lose Sep.10 then we are 0-1. Definitely cause to slit our wrists. Seriously, even if we go 0-2 the first two games, the schedule gets much easier the rest of the way. I expect us to lose early, not just because of our QB situation, but our secondary too. If we have Whittner and another rookie, or two, starting, there will be a learning curve before they get the hang of things.

PTR

I agree and the scary thing is that the first 3 games are division games.

This is why I disagree with people who say we can make the playoffs. Our division sucks this year and there's a decent chance that someone could win it in the 9-7 range. But if we have 2 or 3 division losses by the end of September, that becomes pretty much impossible for us, and 9-7 will be difficult for this team to obtain as it is.

Don't Panic
08-05-2006, 07:13 PM
...if we have 2 or 3 division losses by the end of September, that becomes pretty much impossible for us...

That essentially was the point. It would be very difficult to come back from a NE loss, especially if it wasn't close. However, if we win, we will be primed for Miami... whether they have Culpepper or not. I actually think that Miami will be better than NE this year, but I think the NE game will be harder to win than the Miami game, due to the fact that NE pretty much knows what it's dealing with whereas Miami may need a little time to gel. That's why I say if we win, anything's possible.

DynaPaul
08-05-2006, 08:04 PM
We would head into Miami with a bit of justified attitude, and if, by chance, Culpepper isn't ready, we could steal one from them.

I actually think Miami is WORSE with Culpepper at the helm. But to each his own...

bledslow
08-05-2006, 08:54 PM
One could only hope...

I think if he(caldwell) got as much playing time as lee evans,he can easily put up similar numbers(in terms of catches/yards)--his time in sd was filled with injuries and also spent alot of time in the DOGHOUSE... plus they still have troy brown who is still in great shape and can get open all day long if he was put in the number 2 spot. C.Jackson will do some damage also,as will the two FAST new rookie TE's(thomas and mills),and the two that are already there in graham and watson. -plenty of weapons to rip open THAT buf defense without even breaking a sweat.

And the guy that said he thinks miami is better then n.e this year, i had a real good HARD laugh.i thank you for that.

!Papacrunk!
08-06-2006, 09:27 AM
I would imagine if the Steelers play like their Super Bowl self, and we lose that opening game, we may be a bit upset, and want to take it out on Buffalo for our 1st home game. Hopefully it will be hot hot hot! Good luck against NE.

Mitchy moo
08-06-2006, 09:49 AM
I would imagine if the Steelers play like their Super Bowl self, and we lose that opening game, we may be a bit upset, and want to take it out on Buffalo for our 1st home game. Hopefully it will be hot hot hot! Good luck against NE.

I hope it rains for a while and stays cloudy during the whole game.

Don't Panic
08-06-2006, 10:18 AM
And the guy that said he thinks miami is better then n.e this year, i had a real good HARD laugh.i thank you for that.

That was me, and we'll talk again come Xmas.

BillyT92679
08-06-2006, 11:55 AM
I think the more important game is Week 2. If the Bills can be competitive at New England, I'll be happy. A win would shock me.
But I think the Bills can steal one in Miami and that could catapult them to a fairly successful season.

don137
08-06-2006, 01:07 PM
Like it or not Miami at home in September is tough but like Shelby said on any given Sunday. Put some pressure on Dante and he will be fumbling all over the place...New England could be ripe for an upset in week 1....I really do not think the Bills will be 2-0 but I think they could win of the two on the road.

more cowbell
08-06-2006, 04:27 PM
the bills are going to shock a lot of people this year. laugh now but in november youll be the idiot.

mark my words

more cowbell
08-06-2006, 04:30 PM
and by november i mean they will be in the thick of a AFC east race and a playoff race. I dont know if we will make it to the playoffs but the way most sports critics are already writing off the season even 8-8 would be a shocker

im4bflo
08-06-2006, 05:43 PM
Belichick doesn't know what's coming...
New coach, new team, new scheme.
hopefully works in our favor, if we EXECUTE!
GO BILLS!