PDA

View Full Version : Uhh Ohh, JP had a great day today! Looks like Hole-cumb is TOAST!

X-Era
08-05-2006, 07:54 PM
Hey it might as well work both ways.

I just hope we end this dance soon and name the starter.

Theres only one name that will make me look forward to watching us pass next year. Check my name.

xXSpIkes5IXx
08-06-2006, 09:53 PM
Ive got a funny feeling that we arent gonna name a starter until after the 2nd preseason game.

Im sick of eveyone saying JP IS TOAST, or HOLCOMB HAS NOTHING LEFT, after they go to one camp practice.

Its really quite annoying

May the best QB win the job

ParanoidAndroid
08-06-2006, 10:01 PM
http://www.actionk9.com/images/12.jpg

PromoTheRobot
08-06-2006, 10:44 PM
http://www.actionk9.com/images/12.jpg
Really. Wait till tomorrow! :D

PTR

X-Era
08-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Ive got a funny feeling that we arent gonna name a starter until after the 2nd preseason game.

Im sick of eveyone saying JP IS TOAST, or HOLCOMB HAS NOTHING LEFT, after they go to one camp practice.

Its really quite annoying

I dont disagree. The whole damn thing is annoying at this point.

Im all for squashing this crap, but its un-squashable at this point.

All I know is that if Holcomb starts, I will pay 60% less attention to the Bills, and will be 60% mopre annoyed at how far off our rebuilding and eventual playoffs and SB ring are.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2006, 07:55 AM

It's not quite that simple.

First off, if the team is not good enough for a "playoff run" than why wouldn't you let your 1st rounder, with 8 starts under his belt, play so we can develop our future? You keep hurting the team by not doing this. How much further along would we be if Losman had played all 16 games last year? Maybe one of the Qb's from this years draft would be in our camp or we would have Losman taking all the snaps with the first string offense. That wouldn't be helping our chances for this upcoming season?

If Losman was just awful in camp than I would say start Holcomb. That's not the case at all. Unless Holcomb is "leaps and bounds" better than JP or Nall than you go with the youth. Holcomb has no upside and only ******s the growth of this team. PERIOD.

ICE74129
08-07-2006, 07:58 AM

First off, if the team is not good enough for a "playoff run" than why wouldn't you let your 1st rounder, with 8 starts under his belt, play so we can develop our future? You keep hurting the team by not doing this. How much further along would we be if Losman had played all 16 games last year? Maybe one of the Qb's from this years draft would be in our camp or we would have Losman taking all the snaps with the first string offense. That wouldn't be helping our chances for this upcoming season?

If Losman was just awful in camp than I would say start Holcomb. That's not the case at all. Unless Holcomb is "leaps and bounds" better than JP or Nall than you go with the youth. Holcomb has no upside and only ******s the growth of this team. PERIOD.

See H gets it. If they are even or even if holcomb is say 5-10% better, you go with JP. We aren't a playoff team, so let him play and see IF he is our answer at QB.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-07-2006, 08:52 AM
When I came back from my FOURTH camp visit I said that Holcomb probably took the lead after that day because he looked a lot better. That doesn't mean that I had counted JP out for the rest of the pre-season. I was and I am still behind him 100%. I hope he kicks Holcomb's ass the rest of camp just like he did the other day.

TacklingDummy
08-07-2006, 09:14 AM

First off, if the team is not good enough for a "playoff run" than why wouldn't you let your 1st rounder, with 8 starts under his belt, play so we can develop our future?

First off, who the hell are you, Miss Cloe? How do you know the Bills are not good enough for a playoff run? You wouldn't let your 1st round QB be the starting QB if he doesn't win the job in camp. You give the better of the 2 QB the job opening day of the season when every single team is 0-0. You don't say, "the team is not good enough for a playoff run" so we are gonna work on the QB project we drafted 3 years ago and screw the rest of you 52 players on the team. Im sure Marv, Dick and 53 players on the Bills don't think they are gonna suck.

If Holcomb does when the job in camp you don't have to worry about JP getting any action this year. You already think the Bills will suck. So by week 7 when the Bills are 0-6, JP can come in and play the last 10 games.

ParanoidAndroid
08-07-2006, 09:18 AM
I think it comes down to leadership. If neither looks better than the other throwing the ball, but JP cannot be a leader while Holcomb can, then you go with the leader.
Can leadership be learned? Yes. Does it take game experience to learn leadership skills? No. It takes life experience.
Those are my thoughts....no wish to argue the subject because it is pointless to argue.
We wait and see. (And Hope!)

jamze132
08-07-2006, 09:28 AM
JP? Playoffs? Sounds like a winning combination to me!

HHURRICANE
08-07-2006, 09:47 AM
First off, who the hell are you, Miss Cloe? How do you know the Bills are not good enough for a playoff run? You wouldn't let your 1st round QB be the starting QB if he doesn't win the job in camp. You give the better of the 2 QB the job opening day of the season when every single team is 0-0. You don't say, "the team is not good enough for a playoff run" so we are gonna work on the QB project we drafted 3 years ago and screw the rest of you 52 players on the team. Im sure Marv, Dick and 53 players on the Bills don't think they are gonna suck.

If Holcomb does when the job in camp you don't have to worry about JP getting any action this year. You already think the Bills will suck. So by week 7 when the Bills are 0-6, JP can come in and play the last 10 games.

Kurt Warner was obviously the better QB in camp and during the season when they were in the playoff hunt and they still pulled him knowing that ELI was a first rounder and the potential future of the organization.

In my mind you have zero credibility when you are comparing a young guy, with 8 starts, to Rob Johnson. Successful poeple, businesses, and teams don't live for today but build for tommorrow.

If JP had played all 16 games what would we have lost? Nothing. We went 5-11 playing musical QB's. Instead of pretending we are a Super Bowl caliber team let's play JP and see what we get. Holcomb has had 11 years to prove that he's a career backup.

TacklingDummy
08-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Kurt Warner was obviously the better QB in camp and during the season when they were in the playoff hunt and they still pulled him knowing that ELI was a first rounder and the potential future of the organization.

You hit the nail right on the head there. The Bills should do the samething the Giants did. Give the Vet the start of the season. If the Vet. stinks, like Warner did, then you put in your project QB.

You do not give up on a season before it even starts. Only so called fans do that.

justasportsfan
08-07-2006, 09:55 AM
You hit the nail right on the head there. The Bills should do the samething the Giants did. Give the Vet the start of the season. If the Vet. stinks, like Warner did, then you put in your project QB.

You do not give up on a season before it even starts. Only so called fans do that.
After all these years we know that KH=AVP.

This is how their brain works....... KH/AVP Prior to the snap "Oh man, Evans is gonna have a mismatch. If only I can throw for 30 yds." Snap comes, KH/AVP dink and dunk to Reed for 5 yds :ill:
They know what's coming , but their body isn't willing.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2006, 10:24 AM

This is why I almost never respond to your incredibly stupid posts:

Warner was 5-4 had 11TD's and 9Int's with a QB rating of 86.5. He didn't stink and that was why Coughlin got some heat over it. They were in the playoff hunt, but not a SB contender, so his argument was that Kurt wasn't the future and that they needed to get this kid ready.

Holcomb is no Kurt Warner so not starting Losman when everything is equal is not very smart. Kind of like your posts.

TacklingDummy
08-07-2006, 10:29 AM
This is why I almost never respond to your incredibly stupid posts:

Warner was 5-4 had 11TD's and 9Int's with a QB rating of 86.5. He didn't stink and that was why Coughlin got some heat over it. They were in the playoff hunt, but not a SB contender, so his argument was that Kurt wasn't the future and that they needed to get this kid ready.

Holcomb is no Kurt Warner so not starting Losman when everything is equal is not very smart. Kind of like your posts.

If your gonna try and put me down at least get your facts straight. Warner for the whole year with the Giants only had 6 TDs 4 Ints, 10+ fumbles. Oh and yeah, he did stink. Kind of not smart, like your posts.

Zing.

The last buffalo fan
08-07-2006, 10:30 AM
If your gonna try and put me down at least get your facts straight. Warner for the whole year with the Giants only had 6 TDs 4 Ints, 10+ fumbles. Kind of not smart, like your posts.

And your point is?

TacklingDummy
08-07-2006, 10:31 AM
And your point is?

And yours is?

HHURRICANE
08-07-2006, 10:38 AM
If your gonna try and put me down at least get your facts straight. Warner for the whole year with the Giants only had 6 TDs 4 Ints, 10+ fumbles. Oh and yeah, he did stink. Kind of not smart, like your posts.

Zing.

6TD's/ 4INT's, 4 lost fumbles. 86.5 QB rating with a 5-4 record. The point stays the same and your posts aren't getting any smarter.

TacklingDummy
08-07-2006, 10:44 AM
6TD's/ 4INT's, 4 lost fumbles. 86.5 QB rating with a 5-4 record. The point stays the same and your posts aren't getting any smarter.

Your right the point does stay the same. The Giants did it the right way. Start the Vet., if he stinks, put in the younger guy.

HHURRICANE
08-07-2006, 10:50 AM
Your right the point does stay the same. The Giants did it the right way. Start the Vet., if he stinks, put in the younger guy.

When a QB has more TD's than INT's, and more WINS tha LOSSES, the word "stinks" just doesn't come to mind. Based on your logic, and the stats from last year, Holcomb must really suck. So why do you want him to start so bad?

No reasoning with you.:negrep:

TacklingDummy
08-07-2006, 10:56 AM
When a QB has more TD's than INT's, and more WINS tha LOSSES, the word "stinks" just doesn't come to mind. Based on your logic, and the stats from last year, Holcomb must really suck. So why do you want him to start so bad?

No reasoning with you.:negrep:

After week 9 of a NFL season and a QB only has 6 TDs and 4 Ints, I consider that stinkage in this day in age of the NFL.

Actually Holcomb was having a fine stat. year last year until the Jets game. In the 6 games prevouis to the Jets game where KH seen the majority of the action he had 8 TDs and 4 Ints.

patmoran2006
08-07-2006, 12:28 PM
if Holcomb is toast, why did he take far more snaps at the last practice? and why has he taken the FIRST set of snaps at EVERy practice.?

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-07-2006, 01:30 PM
Does that last game against the Jets not count because last I checked it did and he threw 4 picks if my memory serves me correctly. Which would put that total at 10 TD's, 8 INT's, 2 lost fumbles, and an 85.6 rating which comes out worse than Kurt Warner's 86.5, so yes with your way of thinking Kelly Holcomb did stink.