X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TypicalBill
    • Sep 2002

Dexter Jackson for FS??....

"You try to say, 'Okay, let's not get enamored with the euphoria of the Super Bowl. Let's step back into reality and say what is this player? And can we replace him to a certain degree?' "

The cost of making Jackson a franchise player by today's deadline would have been about $3-million -- roughly half the tender for giving Quarles the same designation.

More

Career Stats
    For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com
  • BLeonard
    BoB Sabermetrician
    • Jan 2003

The Bills, IMO, are fine at the Safety position. Quarels, I might pursue, because the Bills need a LB... Super Bowl MVP doesn't do much for me... Larry Brown was a Super Bowl MVP, as were Mark Rypien, Doug Williams and Tom Brady.

-Bill

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

this guy is larry browns twin brother if i have ever seen one.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• clumping platelets

I agree........no thanks

Comment

• TypicalBill
          • Sep 2002

i didn't see him play during the regular season, but i did in the playoffs and he looked good. But you guys know him more than i do and ill take your word for it.
          For the latest Bills news, visit the front page www.billszone.com

Comment

• clumping platelets

Not at the $3 million/season. Maybe more like $1.5-2 million then I would consider it

Comment

• Billz_fan
              • Jan 2003

Well, I for one am force fed the Buc's on a weekly basis. Dexter is a decent player in a great defensive system, surrounded by great players.

How he became SB MVP is another of those mysterys. The list of SB and World Series MVP's for that matter is littered with guys who for a brief moment were able to take it to another level. In the zone if you will.

If it were a democracy, I vote no also

I would however go after Quarles. He is fast and a very good run stopper
              Last edited by Billz_fan; 02-21-2003, 10:11 AM.
              The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
              X