PDA

View Full Version : Dumont coming back

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-06-2006, 03:38 PM
http://nhlpa.com/WebStats/PlayerBiography.asp?ID=6142

JD
08-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Negative.

Brieres award numbers were up there since they announced the $5 MILL. This does not mean we accepted the award. Wait for an announcement.

chernobylwraiths
08-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I would hope they would pick it up just to trade him. I think he would look good in a package of players.

pyrrhonist
08-07-2006, 12:48 AM
He is not signed yet. This is from the article concerning Mair's award:

The ruling also starts the clock on the team's decision whether to winger J.P. Dumont's $2.9 million judgment that he received Wednesday. Buffalo has until Tuesday to decide.

If the Sabres walk away from the award, Dumont becomes an unrestricted free agent.

It is more likely that Dumont will be another Tanabe case, where a team walks away from an award. They're far, far too close to the cap limit as it is, with Dmitri and Miller unsigned still.

jamze132
08-07-2006, 09:10 AM
He is not signed yet. This is from the article concerning Mair's award:

The ruling also starts the clock on the team's decision whether to winger J.P. Dumont's $2.9 million judgment that he received Wednesday. Buffalo has until Tuesday to decide.

If the Sabres walk away from the award, Dumont becomes an unrestricted free agent.

It is more likely that Dumont will be another Tanabe case, where a team walks away from an award. They're far, far too close to the cap limit as it is, with Dmitri and Miller unsigned still.
I vote for the sign and trade method. It is obvious that we aren't going to get value for those two, but financially speaking, it would be kind of hard to have Dumont, Biron, Kalinin, and Miller on the roster. I could do without 3 of the 4. Miller being the exception.

SkateZilla
08-07-2006, 01:25 PM
True,

NHL PA Just Added his Salary To the PLayer ID Number so it'll shift if and when h'es traded or walked away from.. we'll find out wednesday...:candle: :candle: :candle:

bigbub2352
08-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I hope thye sign him and keep him unless they package him up with biron for a real good deal then i am happy

JD
08-07-2006, 06:17 PM
I hope thye sign him and keep him unless they package him up with biron for a real good deal then i am happy
I would love to see Dumont stay, but realistically I don't think that will happen.

Biron, Dumont and maybe Kalinin will get shipped off for a Back-up, prospect and a couple draft picks.

:oops: