PDA

View Full Version : Mair is back

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-06-2006, 08:11 PM
http://sabres.com/newsarchive.cfm?id=596

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-06-2006, 11:01 PM
I'm glad he's back, he deserves it since he was out all of last year with a concussion. I think if we had him in game 7 we might've won it.

JD
08-06-2006, 11:11 PM
I called it!! 675,000!! I heard about it around 1pm earlier today and nobody believed me. I would like to extend a big F U to the people who doubted me. Glad to have Mair back on board!

GO SABRES!!

axe the slug!

pyrrhonist
08-07-2006, 12:46 AM
A $200,000 raise for a guy who didn't even play an entire season, nor did he really contribute a whole lot? Don't get me wrong, I love the energy Mair brings when he's on the ice, but this is another insane arbitration case. At least Briere was on a torrid point pace. :rolleyes:

jamze132
08-07-2006, 09:11 AM
Gotta feed the kids.

Philagape
08-07-2006, 09:20 AM
After losing McKee and Grier, we need a tough guy like Mair

Dr. Lecter
08-07-2006, 10:28 AM
A $200,000 raise for a guy who didn't even play an entire season, nor did he really contribute a whole lot? Don't get me wrong, I love the energy Mair brings when he's on the ice, but this is another insane arbitration case. At least Briere was on a torrid point pace. :rolleyes:

I think it is more of case that Mair deserves more than the minimum.

bigbub2352
08-07-2006, 10:37 AM
I wouldnt get too excited guys, this is a guy that has not played a full season in the NHL at least while being a sabre, he could be taking away a roster spot from a guy like pat koleta, drew stafford, or mark mancari chris thorburn, somep layers with more upside, i do like Mair but we did alot with out him in the lineup last year

pyrrhonist
08-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Wow, there are some really puzzling folks here....

You're telling me that it's ok a guy who played half a season got a $200,000 raise? Again, I mean no disrespect to Mair, as I do enjoy him and his role on the team, but there's no justification for giving a raise to a player who didn't contribute significantly, aside from missing much of the season.

JD
08-07-2006, 06:12 PM
With Mair, it's not about the points he contributes to the team..but the energy he brings on the fourth line. Do you guys remember the beginning of last season...if our team was in a bind, Lindy would throw the 4th line out on the ice and they would just tear it up and bring alot of momentum back to our side. I loved watching Mair step on the ice, he has alot of passion and grit. He'll show hes worth that pay raise this season, I garauntee it!

pyrrhonist
08-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I think you have Mair confused with Gaustad & Grier, JD. :D

Most of the energy and grit this team showed last season was from Gaustad & Grier, moreso than Mair. I realize that Mair is just an energy player (I even mentioned it in my first post), but a partial-season player who is just a grinder doesn't deserve the raise he got. The arbitration awards have been just killer this offseason.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-08-2006, 04:55 PM
Mair isn't only a fourth line center you can put him on any line and he can contribute. I remember a game last year Lindy put him on Drury's line.