• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Tagged Today and Traded Tomorrow?

Good article from Pasq.

Team president and general manager Tom Donahoe insisted Thursday that the Bills still hope to sign Price, who enjoyed a breakout year in 2002, to a long-term contract. But no one had to read too hard between the lines of rhetoric that Donahoe laid out to surmise that Buffalo will explore all their options, including trade offers, in dealing with the four-year veteran. More

He mentions Atlanta as a viable trade option. Also that the Bills don't expect to get 2 first rounders for price but would be happy with a first round then a pick later in the draft.

This is re-assuring to hear from Atlanta.
    "He's the guy we need," said one Atlanta source. "Or at least a player who is just like him in terms of stretching the field and forcing teams to back away from the line of scrimmage."
    I found this amusing
    Buffalo is in relatively sound salary cap condition and does not have to make a decision on Price quickly. Donahoe has cleverly and carefully directed his team out of the cap catastrophe he inherited two years ago. He noted the club has no "dead money," charges for players no longer with the team, in 2004.

"I told Mr. Wilson that," said Donahoe, referring the owner Ralph Wilson, "and he said, 'Yeah, but I might be dead in 2004.' He's always got a sense of humor about this stuff."
    The whole article essentially boils down to this
    Essentially, the Bills weren't about to allow Price to escape and have zero to show in return. If they cannot get him to agree to a long-term contract, rest assured, the Bills will dangle Price in trade talks. They feel that Price is right for some team, themselves or another franchise, and will work hard to find an option that makes sense.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I love how you find these litle tidbits. Good work man!

TD is so good, it's scary.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Romes
      • Jul 2002

I am really looking forward to a trade now. Atlanta does not pick till later in the draft but we would still be moving up atleast 20 picks. A lot of good players could slip by us in those picks. I would be all for trading PP for a 1st and 3rd or 4th round pick from Atlanta.
      RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Romes
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
        I love how you find these litle tidbits. Good work man!

TD is so good, it's scary.
        I'm all about the tidbits.

(I'm not sure what I mean by that but I felt I had to say it)
        RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

Great find Romes! I feel a lot better about the Price tagging after reading that article. TD is the man!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Was there ever any doubt? TD IS the man.

TD

Comment

• BillC
              The man in charge - Don't U forget it!
              • Jul 2002

I think Price wil go for a 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                Shinier than your mom
                • Jul 2002

why do you say that... I think we can get a first rounder for him... maybe not top 10... but below that is comprehendable.

Comment

• BillC
                  • Jul 2002

Because this is a really deep WR draft?

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                    Shinier than your mom
                    • Jul 2002

But who are you gonna take... an unproven rookie who'll probably take a couple years to develop or a guy who you know has performed well professionally?

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                      Shinier than your mom
                      • Jul 2002

And apparantly Atlanta really does want him.

Comment

• BillC
                        • Jul 2002

Or if you are 5-6 million under the cap- you going to blow your whole nut on one guy?

Or you going to fill other holes. If I'm Atlanta, I could Pay Peerless 5 million and give up a 1st round pick, or sign Boston and keep my first round pick.

Comment

• Shiny Chicken
                          Shinier than your mom
                          • Jul 2002

I didn't say it was the smart thing to do... not all NFL front offices are known to be intelligent, are they?

Comment

• BADTHINGSMAN
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by BillC
                            Or if you are 5-6 million under the cap- you going to blow your whole nut on one guy?

Or you going to fill other holes. If I'm Atlanta, I could Pay Peerless 5 million and give up a 1st round pick, or sign Boston and keep my first round pick.

I hear ya BillC. I think the trade to Cinci makes more scence. Price for Spikes. They get a team need the Bills get a team need. Alot of teams wont dangle a 1st rounder in front of the Bills. With trading for Spikes you get better than a 1st rounder. Teams will start taking the Bills a bit more serious.

The Falcons dont have to offer anything. They could get Boston cheaper than Price. Boston was injured and will be cheaper maybe. I dont think Falcons will offer the Bills there 1st rounder.

Comment

• venis2k1
                              Youboty can hope
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillC

Nice quote BillC.

Comment

Working...
                              X