X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

He may have the stronger Arm

But I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB with worse pocket presence.
    Resign our own guys!
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Re: He may have the stronger Arm

Since when are you a JP hater?

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

That's because he's not settling for a quick 2 yard 5 mph dump pass on 95 % of his attempts, like #10. Christ, half the posters here could do that.

I wish to see how Fairchild and a couple of ex NFL backups, Schonert and Van Pelt, shape Losman this season. We also have to see the OL grow with him.

Start him all season and let's see what we have, once and for all.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

He's getting better at it.

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
          RJ and Drew are two off the top of my head that have been on this team the last 5years.
          "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• ICE74129
            Legendary Zoner
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
            He's getting better at it.
            Hey Mikey, isnt this now considered spam? The guy is just starting threads to piss other posters off. Its not just his opinion which would be fine, its beyond that.

Comment

• patmoran2006
              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by BidsJr
              RJ and Drew are two off the top of my head that have been on this team the last 5years.
              Drew had GREAT pocket prescence.

The problem was no mobility and a horrid OL.

I dont think JP has the WORST pocket presence I've ever seen, but its REALLY REALLY bad right now. Hopefully more experience will help that, but I dont know.

I do know he has the physical tools.. He's been making some great throws in camp.. But that doesnt mean anything if you're rolling out and throwing tunnel-vision picks either.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                That's because he's not settling for a quick 2 yard 5 mph dump pass on 95 % of his attempts, like #10. Christ, half the posters here could do that.

Half the posters on here may be able to do it but #7 can't.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
                  you just don't get it do you? Pocket presence can come with experience that JP won't get sitting on the bench.

Like I said in another thread- we can take Holcomb's 110 yards a game knowing that it will ALWAYS be 110 yards a game, or we can take JP's 75 yard with the hope he'll eventually turn it into 275 yards.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                    you just don't get it do you? Pocket presence can come with experience that JP won't get sitting on the bench.

Like I said in another thread- we can take Holcomb's 110 yards a game knowing that it will ALWAYS be 110 yards a game, or we can take JP's 75 yard with the hope he'll eventually turn it into 275 yards.
                    I can't believe I'm seeing this.

Pat is turning into a hater, while Op is sounding borderline optimistic.

WTF

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

What JP lacks is leadership. It's something you can see, even when watching on the tube. The body language, the respect from teammates, the way he's poised. It's not about being liked either. I remember Ruben Brown saying what an a-hole JK would be, but he didn't want to let JK down or get chewed out by him.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37

That's just showing hate for Holcomb. KH when he played in the majority of a game last year, ave. 215 yards a game. This is why I stick up for the crappy Holcomb. Bash KH to make JP look better.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

I saw some pretty nice pocket presence on plays where he avoided the rush in a split second and made some positive yards out of it running or avoided the sack to throw the ball away.

Them are good instincts that isn't taught. You either have that or you don't. I remember numerous plays with him avoiding the rush and getting away from him to avoid the sack.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                            • Aug 2004

In Holcombs starts he averaged 185 yards a game. Not 215. That was on 28 attempts a game. That certaintly isn't anything special.

And when the average was about 6 yards an attempt it was literally about 6 yards every time.

Completing nothing but 5 yard passes doesn't score you points unless you have a great running game.

Big deal if you complete 5 passes for 30 yards on the play when the drives continue to get stalled and you punt.

Points are made by making big plays. Not 5 yards at a time where your drives are always 15 plays.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                              • Aug 2004

Anybody can dump the ball off 2 yards away for a total of 5 yards if that's all they focus on like Holcomb. It doesn't score you points or win you game though. The evidence was his 1-4 finish to the season in his last 5 starts.

Not to mention he played a lot of cupcake teams and defenses. He didn't face on defense rated in the Top 10 last season.

Comment

Working...
                              X