• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

You must want this team to struggle - Op

False!

On the contrary, I want this team to flourish. However, I have no confidence in JP. From what I’ve seen, I don’t think he has what it takes to be an NFL QB. That being said, I’ve been wrong before and I’ll be wrong again. Although it sounds Cheesy, I’ll behind JP 110% if he wins the job. Wanting nothing more then to have him become the best QB in the NFL.

The problem is, I just don’t think he’s going to be any good. And I’m not willing (unlike many here) to sacrifice an entire NFL season just so that we can see if 1 guy can play or can’t play. IMO, if indications in Training camp and preseason point to the trend that JP can’t play and even more, can’t beat out KH, then I don’t see why we waste our time with him.

I understand that some QB’s need time to develop but at the same time, some guys play and play and play and remain terrible. How much time to we give someone. The JP fans want another 16 full games for a total of 24 games. A lot of NFL QB’s didn’t get 24 full games to determine their quality.

Wasting time? Again, the disagreement to this point is simply ideology. I just so happen to believe that a 9-7 season with KH starting CAN be considered a success. We have a very young team and it would be nice to start to develop winning attitudes. It’s not acceptable to me to say, “Let JP go all 16 and if he stinks and we finish 0-16 at least we’ll get the first overall pick”.

Holcomb fan? No, I’m not a Holcomb fan, I’m a Bills fan. And just like you I want what’s best for the team. It’s not uncommon that 2 people could have different views on what’s best for the team. And I understand your view and would hope for it’s success if it came to fruition. Please do not let my arguments fool you, simply because I don’t think JP is going to be any good, doesn’t mean I don’t like the guy and wouldn’t root for him. I think too often in this place we think that the other guy will get angry if their guy isn’t the pick. I’m guilty of that myself. If JP wins the job, I won’t care one bit. I’ll think that the coaches must have saw something and I’ll hope that I’ll see it soon.

It’s tough for me to see you guys doing the same thing but I’m sure you would. I tried to make an example of KH starting and going 4-0 but in true MB fashion the thread was beseeched with posts of “IT’LL NEVER HAPPEN” instead of us getting into a nice discussion. But I can’t imagine someone like Mikey or Phil for example sitting on his couch and getting angry because KH in week one is 26-30 for 325 yards and 3TD’s in a 38-3 rout of New England. I’m sure all of the JP fans would forget that he’s on the bench for just a few minutes and enjoy the game.

I’d prefer that Holcomb gets the job. If only because I like instant gratification and I strongly feel that in the early part of the season, we’re more likely to be in games with him at QB. But if JP wins the job, I’ll be there watching the games and hoping that it clicks and he totally makes me look like a jerk by proving me wrong.
    Resign our own guys!
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: You must want this team to struggle - Op

If Holcomb gets us to 9-7 this year- which is a big IF- I'd have to consider that a success.

But then what? Holcomb's 33 and already has a weak arm. He's got 2 years left, maybe 3 tops. Do you want to be breaking in a new QB in two years when all these young guys we have should be coming into their own? When the OL and the D should finally be gelling and playing well? We're going to sacrifice all that with crappy QB play?

Either JP's the guy, or he's not. The sooner we know, the better off we'll be. Leaving him on the bench only prolongs this QB controversy and hence prolongs mediocrity.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Patrick76777
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
      If Holcomb gets us to 9-7 this year- which is a big IF- I'd have to consider that a success.

But then what? Holcomb's 33 and already has a weak arm. He's got 2 years left, maybe 3 tops. Do you want to be breaking in a new QB in two years when all these young guys we have should be coming into their own? When the OL and the D should finally be gelling and playing well? We're going to sacrifice all that with crappy QB play?

Either JP's the guy, or he's not. The sooner we know, the better off we'll be. Leaving him on the bench only prolongs this QB controversy and hence prolongs mediocrity.

Like I said, I understand your point and see where you're coming from, I just don't agree with it. I think that I've seen enough to know already that JP doesn't have what it takes. So after this year, we try again. By drafting another guy, or signing a FA.
      Resign our own guys!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Patrick76777
        Like I said, I understand your point and see where you're coming from, I just don't agree with it. I think that I've seen enough to know already that JP doesn't have what it takes. So after this year, we try again. By drafting another guy, or signing a FA.

You think 8 games is enough? Have you seen all the stats about good QB's who were as bad or worse than JP through 8 games?

I disagree that you can accurately evaluate a QB after 8 games behind a ****ty OL on an offense that was poorly conceived by idiot coaches.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

False!

Although it sounds Cheesy, I’ll behind JP 110% if he wins the job. Wanting nothing more then to have him become the best QB in the NFL.

The problem is, I just don’t think he’s going to be any good. .
          PAt some of us feel the same way about KH.

Funny thing is, I get blasted by JP fans when I say if JP can't beat KH, too bad. When I try to defend JP, I get crap from fans like you.

Either ways I'm screwed.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

There is no legitimate reason to believe JP will be a bust. His performance so far is not a legit reason because too many QBs have proven that a QB's first season is not indicative of anything.
            And considering the condition of the rest of the team, we have nothing to lose by gambling. A mediocre season with Holcomb -- and with a 7-18 career record, he has NEVER shown he can deliver anything more -- would be an absolute pointless waste.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Patrick76777
              • Jul 2002

You think 8 games is enough? Have you seen all the stats about good QB's who were as bad or worse than JP through 8 games?

I disagree that you can accurately evaluate a QB after 8 games behind a ****ty OL on an offense that was poorly conceived by idiot coaches.
              Yes, we established that we disagree. Nothing we can do about that. You’re not going to change your mind and I’m not going to change mine. The only thing we can do is let it play out.

You ever watch WarGames? It's like we're playing "Global Thermonuclear War". or Tic-tac-Toe.
              Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Night Train
                Retired - On Several Levels
                • Jul 2005

Kelly Holcomb was an impressive 1-4 down the stretch last Dec.-Jan..

Boy, if that doesn't get the juices flowing...
                Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Patrick76777
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  PAt some of us feel the same way about KH.

Funny thing is, I get blasted by JP fans when I say if JP can't beat KH, too bad. When I try to defend JP, I get crap from fans like you.

Either ways I'm screwed.

It's just people trying to defend thier points.
                  Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                    There is no legitimate reason to believe JP will be a bust. His performance so far is not a legit reason because too many QBs have proven that a QB's first season is not indicative of anything.
                    And considering the condition of the rest of the team, we have nothing to lose by gambling. A mediocre season with Holcomb -- and with a 7-18 career record, he has NEVER shown he can deliver anything more -- would be an absolute pointless waste.

It's my opinion. That's the only legit reason I need for MY opinion.
                    Resign our own guys!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

Great post Pat. I feel the same way.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

It's just people trying to defend thier points.
                        Problem is, "you're either with us or against us" here on BZ.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

It's my opinion. That's the only legit reason I need for MY opinion.
                          opinions can be wrong. And I'd say there is significant evidence refuting your opinion that you can accurately judge JP after 8 games.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Patrick76777
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                            Kelly Holcomb was an impressive 1-4 down the stretch last Dec.-Jan..

Boy, if that doesn't get the juices flowing...

That's not true!

He played the last 3 games at 1-2. JP lost the 4 prior to that.
                            Resign our own guys!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                              • Jul 2002

opinions can be wrong. And I'd say there is significant evidence refuting your opinion that you can accurately judge JP after 8 games.

We've already establised that we disagree.
                              Resign our own guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X