PDA

View Full Version : Jauron: Jeff Posey was never looked into playing DE

Mitchy moo
08-07-2006, 05:14 PM
You know, it was a pretty good morning as practices go. It was the first one of the second week. The second week is a week you’ve got to push through – they’ve got to push through and we’ve got to push them through it. We’ve got to get a lot better and just keep improving on a daily basis. I believe they will as we talked about often they’re a high character group – a good group. It’s good to have Donte (Whitner) on the field. I didn’t zero in on him very often; a few times. I think he’s a high character guy. He’s a guy that loves football and we anticipated he’d come in, in shape but we’ve got to be a little bit careful that we don’t throw too much on him too soon. That was good. I guess that I would like to say something about Jeff Posey. I didn’t get to know him real well. I wasn’t around him a lot. The little I know him – a guy that really represents the NFL well – again a very high character guy. We just felt that it was in his best interest and our best interest to make this move early for both sides. He’s got an opportunity and he will catch on somewhere and I believe that he will play and we’ve got an opportunity to get some of the younger guys some more reps that they’ll need. It’s always a little bit tougher particularly when it’s an established player but that’s our business and you’ve got to do what you think is in the best interest of everybody. So, there you go. Anything that I can answer?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3942

ICE74129
08-07-2006, 05:16 PM
You know, it was a pretty good morning as practices go. It was the first one of the second week. The second week is a week you’ve got to push through – they’ve got to push through and we’ve got to push them through it. We’ve got to get a lot better and just keep improving on a daily basis. I believe they will as we talked about often they’re a high character group – a good group. It’s good to have Donte (Whitner) on the field. I didn’t zero in on him very often; a few times. I think he’s a high character guy. He’s a guy that loves football and we anticipated he’d come in, in shape but we’ve got to be a little bit careful that we don’t throw too much on him too soon. That was good. I guess that I would like to say something about Jeff Posey. I didn’t get to know him real well. I wasn’t around him a lot. The little I know him – a guy that really represents the NFL well – again a very high character guy. We just felt that it was in his best interest and our best interest to make this move early for both sides. He’s got an opportunity and he will catch on somewhere and I believe that he will play and we’ve got an opportunity to get some of the younger guys some more reps that they’ll need. It’s always a little bit tougher particularly when it’s an established player but that’s our business and you’ve got to do what you think is in the best interest of everybody. So, there you go. Anything that I can answer?

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3942

See I have no problems with Posey period, he just wasn't really starting calibre esp in the cover 2. I feel that he is good depth for a 3-4 defense, but just doesn't have the speed to be an impact OLB. He did work his butt off for us and gave 100% while keeping his mouth shut. I respect and thank him for that and wish him the best of luck.

That said it was a GREAT move for us.

Mitchy moo
08-07-2006, 05:18 PM
See I have no problems with Posey period, he just wasn't really starting calibre esp in the cover 2. I feel that he is good depth for a 3-4 defense, but just doesn't have the speed to be an impact OLB. He did work his butt off for us and gave 100% while keeping his mouth shut. I respect and thank him for that and wish him the best of luck.

That said it was a GREAT move for us.

It also was a great move for Jeff, he gets to move on with his life and find a new team.

shelby
08-07-2006, 05:20 PM
On if they have given any thought on who might be the starting quarterback in the first preseason game Saturday:
No we haven’t in terms of group discussion. I have and we’ll start talking about it today and we’ll probably end up with some kind of idea today. And we’ll probably let you know Thursday or Friday I would guess. We just have to see where it goes and where the discussions go.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
On if there is an indication as to who will start:
No, it might just be seniority for this one… or reverse seniority.