• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Losman Throws A Great Deep Ball-That Makes Him The Starter

Watching the local Channel 4 sports at 6. Losman is shown hitting Parrish and Evans in perfect stride on the bomb. That's they key difference.

They interviewed Whitner. He looks like a small LB playing safety. What a powerful build.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Losman Throws A Great Deep Ball-That Makes Him The Starter

Originally posted by Night Train
    Watching the local Channel 4 sports at 6. Losman is shown hitting Parrish and Evans in perfect stride on the bomb. That's they key difference.

They interviewed Whitner. He looks like a small LB playing safety. What a powerful build.
    He's cut, I was just watching him on multi-media. Receiver's beware, catch a ball and don't lose your head.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

It's more important to be accurate then it is to be able to throw the ball long.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

"The times that I watched him I thought he made some good throws and the ones that stand out are the deep throws down the field," said Jauron of Losman. "But you've got to have them all because those short ones keep those sticks moving and keep your defense off the field."
        IMO, this quote from Dick means KH is going to get the nod.

Comment

• Turf
          • Jul 2002

I think it means he wants JP to learn to connect the short ones as well.
          Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Dick hinted he is going by seniority this saturday or reverse seniority.

A) Jp was on the team first so he's got seniority?

B) KH is older, does this mean he's more senior?

C) since he said seniority or reverse - could it mean JP is more senior since he's been w/ the team longer and the reverse means he's younger.

D) vise versa of C.

E) He's starting Ralphy.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

If DJ wants his QB to "have them all," why on earth would he want Holcomb? What I don't get is I kept hearing about us having a "vertical" passing game ... we signed speedsters Davis and Price ... how can any of that be used with Holcomb?

A five-yard pass on 3rd and 9 won't move the sticks.

It seems he's biased in favor of Holcomb because he's a veteran and he's a "safe" QB. Which means, the rest of the team has to win the game and Holcomb just won't lose it. That might work half the time.
              If your goal is mediocrity, Holcomb's your man.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                I'm starting to agree with you. I think we are going to see alot of 5 yard passes on 3rd and 9 this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                  maybe the reporter was asking him about Losman's deep throws. Why would he comment about Holcomb?
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Philagape
                    WIN NOW
                    • Jul 2002

If a team wants to succeed with a safe caretaker QB, it needs a killer running game and defense. We'd need a miraculous turnaround from last year in both areas.
                    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      maybe the reporter was asking him about Losman's deep throws. Why would he comment about Holcomb?
                      It's called "reading between the lines".

NOTE: THIS IS NOT A REPORT. THIS IS MY OPINION ONLY. USE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                        It's more important to be accurate then it is to be able to throw the ball long.
                        Not when you are accurate with the longball.

Comment

• ICE74129
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Dick hinted he is going by seniority this saturday or reverse seniority.

A) Jp was on the team first so he's got seniority?

B) KH is older, does this mean he's more senior?

C) since he said seniority or reverse - could it mean JP is more senior since he's been w/ the team longer and the reverse means he's younger.

D) vise versa of C.

E) He's starting Ralphy.
                          Its F) Marv decided since he can't coach he will QB the team

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                            • May 2003

The fact that Losman throws a better long ball doesn't mean jack. You need to have a complete game man. And all Dick is doing is challenging his young QB to improve every aspect of his game. You must be able to go through all of your progressions and hit your last read (McGahee wide open in center field) rather than forcing the deep pass.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if Kelly started this weekend. More motivation for J.P. to go out and prove his worth to this team. I wouldn't want it any other way. If J.P. is not starting this weekend, I will bet all my ZB's that he is starting by the second game meaning he will out play Holcomb this weekend.

Any takers?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

The one undisputed asset we have on this team is speed at WR. Evans, Price, Parrish and Davis can all burn. I think our fast and deep receiving corps could be the one thing that sets us apart from other teams

We basically lose that whole advantage with Holcomb.
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍