PDA

View Full Version : Miami Teasing Culpepper May Play This Weekend

Night Train
08-07-2006, 05:45 PM
As per ESPN. I say play him, although this seems like a cheap headline grab that may never materialize.

His knee had 3 tears like Willis and no way did the Bills play Wills year one after the injury. That knee is not anywhere near 100 %.

No worries. They have Harrington and Mularkey to save the day. :D

shelby
08-07-2006, 06:01 PM
All i have to say is..........:squish:

RedEyE
08-07-2006, 06:04 PM
I'm more concerned with what Harrington could do for Miami than what Culpeper is capable of doing. Sure Culpepper is proven talent, but he's damaged goods and on the downward slide of his career. Harrington is young, he should be playing with a heavy chip on his shoulder and still has the essentials to become a great QB. Don't under estimate Miami's capabilities.

bills suk
08-07-2006, 06:27 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say Daunte is on the downward spiral. If you guys want you can watch interveiws at the Miami Dolphin web site. There is something very convincing about him. Will he be able to start? I don't know. The only people that know for sure is CPepp, Saban, and the training staff. I wouldn't be surprised if he does and I won't be surprised if he don't.

As far as Harrington goes...we shall see. Harrington needs to be in the right system and hopefully this is the one for him at Miami. I liked his arm when he played for Detroit. I just think Detroit is in a running with Oakland for worse managed NFL team in the league. One thing about the AFC East, we all have great owners and a great fan base. Makes for some really good rivals.

shelby
08-07-2006, 06:29 PM
That was a great post with the exception of the whole "CPepp" thing.

bills suk
08-07-2006, 06:31 PM
I didn't feel like typing out Culpepper.

!Papacrunk!
08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
Knee wise, he's said it's about 85%, maybe a bit more. I really doubt he'll play at all. Not to get into a wizzing contest here, but as far as the Willis tcomparison, different knee, different position.

Goobylal
08-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Knee wise, he's said it's about 85%, maybe a bit more. I really doubt he'll play at all. Not to get into a wizzing contest here, but as far as the Willis tcomparison, different knee, different position.
True to a certain extent. But DC is a scrambling QB who's used to that style of play. While not cutting and putting as much strain as a guy like WM, it's still a load to bear, especially at his weight (265+#).

As for Harrington, don't make me laugh. The guy has shown absolutely nothing in 4 years and was hated by his teammates. And if Mularkey has shown anything, it's that he's a lousy OC, if not HC.

!Papacrunk!
08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
I think Harrington has the physical ability, but it's what's between the ears that may be his problem. He's been given the opportunities to succeed, albeit those were provided by the Lions, but I guess I'll have to use the old tired cliche, different surroundings/different system etc.

Goobylal
08-07-2006, 08:04 PM
Yeah it's the between the ears stuff. He's been in the NFL and started enough games to know whether he'll get it, and it appears he won't. I guess you'll never know until you try, but the odds are NOT in his favor.