PDA

View Full Version : Waaaah!!

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 07:43 AM
If Jauron starts KH, I want him fired. :cry:

The official I hate Jauron thread :wail:

You guys are crying about a pre-season game?Who gives a crap if KH starts against Carolina?Actually it could work in JP's favor since KH will be facing the panthers first unit. JP will see the field in preseason. It's up to him to win the job with the whole world to see. remember how JP played right after his benching? This could be a blessing in disguise. The kid needs to play with a chip on his shoulder.

We need to see if JP has grown on the field by seeing what he can do under pressure. Ben was nothing great in his rookie year in terms of stats but the kid played like a vet under pressure. No need to baby JP by handing him the job because the fans want to see him play. He's a grown man. Let him prove to all of us that he can win the job .

I want JP to start. I want the guy to be our franchise qb. But let him take it. If KH starts, we shall see if JP starts making bonehead decisions out of desperation. If there's one thing that JP learned from KH last year was to stay calm in the pocket. Well, we shall see if JP can stay calm in times of desperation.

You want a qb with a characteristic that shines especially during times of desperation. Being in the AFCE we should know that watching Brady. I knw its a different situation but clutch is clutch. We shall soon see how JP reacts like his jb is on the line because it is.

Right now both qb's are neck and neck. It isn't wrong for Jauron to start either . Preseason should separate the men from the boys. It shouldn't matter who starts. Preseason is the final audition.

shelby
08-08-2006, 07:51 AM
Post of the day!

OpIv37
08-08-2006, 07:55 AM

You guys are crying about a pre-season game?Who gives a crap if KH starts against Carolina?Actually it could work in JP's favor since KH will be facing the panthers first unit. JP will see the field in preseason. It's up to him to win the job with the whole world to see. remember how JP played right after his benching? This could be a blessing in disguise. The kid needs to play with a chip on his shoulder.

We need to see if JP has grown on the field by seeing what he can do under pressure. Ben was nothing great in his rookie year in terms of stats but the kid played like a vet under pressure. No need to baby JP by handing him the job because the fans want to see him play. He's a grown man. Let him prove to all of us that he can win the job .

I want JP to start. I want the guy to be our franchise qb. But let him take it. If KH starts, we shall see if JP starts making bonehead decisions out of desperation. If there's one thing that JP learned from KH last year was to stay calm in the pocket. Well, we shall see if JP can stay calm in times of desperation.

You want a qb with a characteristic that shines especially during times of desperation. Being in the AFCE we should know that watching Brady. I knw its a different situation but clutch is clutch. We shall soon see how JP reacts like his jb is on the line because it is.

Right now both qb's are neck and neck. It isn't wrong for Jauron to start either . Preseason should separate the men from the boys. It shouldn't matter who starts. Preseason is the final audition.

for once, I actually agree with you. If Holcomb is starting once the regular season starts, then I'll start to worry, because it means either a) JP isn't good enough to be our starting QB or b) Jauron is a moron. Both are equally foreboding for the future of this team.

But like you said, it's just pre-season and JP still has to earn it.

Statman
08-08-2006, 07:56 AM

Holcomb's gonna see one or two series. Who cares.

Preseason won't have much meaning 'til the third or fourth game. Preseason is a waste of time.

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 08:00 AM

Preseason won't have much meaning 'til the third or fourth game. Preseason is a waste of time.
it has perfect meaning, because it shows to this point he still cant beat out a journeyman QB.

I want a coach who KNOWS what he wants from a QB

Jan Reimers
08-08-2006, 08:01 AM
I believe Holcomb is still first on the depth chart (although I hope not much longer), so it's logical that he would start.

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 08:12 AM
I believe Holcomb is still first on the depth chart (although I hope not much longer), so it's logical that he would start.
WHY is Holcomb First on the depth chart?

OpIv37
08-08-2006, 08:13 AM
it has perfect meaning, because it shows to this point he still cant beat out a journeyman QB.

I want a coach who KNOWS what he wants from a QB

I'm not usually one to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, but maybe Jauron DOES know what he wants- he just hasn't gotten it from Losman yet. I don't like the idea of Holcomb starting, but I'm not gonna flip out about it during pre-season.

OpIv37
08-08-2006, 08:14 AM

I'm guessing because he was the starter at the end of last year. From what I've read about camp, JP looks decent but hasn't completely outplayed Holcomb, so why would they change it?

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 08:21 AM
I'm guessing because he was the starter at the end of last year. From what I've read about camp, JP looks decent but hasn't completely outplayed Holcomb, so why would they change it?
If he cant outplay Holcomb from day one, then he's a bum and I'm already rolling out the Brady Quinn carpet.

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Ok...again....It only seperates the men from the boys IF IT IS ALLOWED TO!!!

Philagape
08-08-2006, 08:47 AM
If he cant outplay Holcomb from day one, then he's a bum and I'm already rolling out the Brady Quinn carpet.

That's just total horse****

What Quarterback Maturation Chamber has Losman stepped into that magically transformed him into a complete QB? Because other than facing real defenses, which he hasn't since December, that's the only other thing that will do it.

Losman can't beat out Holcomb.

Holcomb can't beat out Losman.

They both suck. That being equal, which one has a chance to get better? The learning prospect, or the aging journeyman? What's more likely, for JP to get better at making decisions, or for Holcomb's passes to gain 20 yards and his feet the ability to move? Should these factors decide the issue, or should Dick's bias toward veterans and vanilla football that works only with a top-notch running game and defense?

If we draft Quinn (a big if), what makes you think he'll be any less screwed than JP? Will Quinn step into the QMC after eight games? Will he be a bum too if he struggles as a rookie and isn't miles ahead of Holcomb (or some other journeyman) in the summer of 2008?

Jan Reimers
08-08-2006, 08:47 AM
I really, really hope you're being sarcastic. It's sometimes hard to tell with Losman bashers. Otherwise, I will have to put your judgment on a par with TDummy.

Philagape
08-08-2006, 08:48 AM

I was referring to the regular season when I said that :D

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 08:50 AM
I really, really hope you're being sarcastic. It's sometimes hard to tell with Losman bashers. Otherwise, I will have to put your judgment on a par with TDummy.
I'm not a JP Basher.. Im a "whoever is behind the decision to start Holcomb" basher.

When is it going to sink in.. JP needs to PLAY and play A LOT.. Preseason or not.. He needs to be the starter, we need to see what he has, and he needs to be able to play a FULL SEASON without looking over his shoulder every time he throws a bad pass.

This staff is off to no better a start than the Mularkey staff if KH is starting Saturday, as far as Im concerned.. New names, same bull****

Jan Reimers
08-08-2006, 08:52 AM
I'm not a JP Basher.. Im a "whoever is behind the decision to start Holcomb" basher.

When is it going to sink in.. JP needs to PLAY and play A LOT.. Preseason or not.. He needs to be the starter, we need to see what he has, and he needs to be able to play a FULL SEASON without looking over his shoulder every time he throws a bad pass.

This staff is off to no better a start than the Mularkey staff if KH is starting Saturday, as far as Im concerned.. New names, same bull****
Thanks. Great post.

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 08:52 AM

Preseason won't have much meaning 'til the third or fourth game. Preseason is a waste of time.It means a lot for our qb's.

I wish Nall was healthy.

ibatiger
08-08-2006, 08:54 AM

There is no depth chart for QB. It's just still the way it was last year with the additions added. Holcomb, Losman and Nall are 1a,1b,1c until a decision is made. Having said that though, it is pretty clear that Holcomb is leading right not.

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 08:56 AM
for once, I actually agree with you. .actually it isn't the first time. You actually gave in about second chances :D.

I'm not usually one to give the coaches the benefit of the doubt, but maybe Jauron DOES know what he wants- he just hasn't gotten it from Losman yet. I don't like the idea of Holcomb starting, but I'm not gonna flip out about it during pre-season.
and now this.

Your transformation to the dark side is almost complete. Give in my young Jedi. :D

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Ok...again....It only seperates the men from the boys IF IT IS ALLOWED TO!!!there aren't any indications whether it's been allowed to or not other than what's in your head.

I don't care if youre a coach, you're not Dick and you're not Marv and you don't work closely with the bills. At the first sign of KH playing w/ the first unit you start saying it's an unfair competition and that JP is being screwed as if that is final or fact. The minute JP is seen playing w/ the first unit you start saying "they could change their mind". You're trying to cover all bases just so you can say you were right no matter what the decision becomes. NO relax.

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 09:06 AM
There is no depth chart for QB. It's just still the way it was last year with the additions added. Holcomb, Losman and Nall are 1a,1b,1c until a decision is made. Having said that though, it is pretty clear that Holcomb is leading right not.
if its the way it was last year.

Then that equates to new names as coaches, and the same old bull****

Jan Reimers
08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
There is an official Bills' depth chart covering EVERY position. Right now, Holcomb is listed as first string, Losman as second and Nall as third.

I'm not sure that it is "pretty clear" that Holcomb is ahead, however. I think the depth chart reflects last season's ending status regarding Holcomb and Losman.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2006, 09:13 AM
I've always been a decent athlete. I took up tennis 2 years ago. I started taking lessons with a pro, going to clinic 2X a week. I started to get very good in practice. Than I played my first 3.5 match in singles and I got my butt whipped by a guy with a giant beer belly and a brace on every joint. After playing 20 some matches I finally ran into the same guy and gave him a beating.

The point here is the more you play in the real games the better you get. You don't learn pocket patience from the bench. Starting JP is the only way to develop the kid. You folks are kidding yourself if you think there is any kind of positive scenario where he is sharing the field with Holcomb.

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 09:23 AM
. You folks are kidding yourself if you think there is any kind of positive scenario where he is sharing the field with Holcomb.Not if it lights the fire under his butt. Benching him made him better last year. You want a qb who can grab the job. Someone who is able to undoubtedly earn his job shows a lot of character.

If we fans know that Holcomb can only take us so far, I think Dick and Marv are smart enough to know this too. However, JP has to want it bad enough or we're back to square one.

The thing you guys are forgetting is that neither qb's have beaten the other by a mile.

This is why I think that eventually JP will win the job because we haven't seen the best of him while KH can't beat JP at his best .

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 09:54 AM
Not if it lights the fire under his butt. Benching him made him better last year. You want a qb who can grab the job. Someone who is able to undoubtedly earn his job shows a lot of character.

If we fans know that Holcomb can only take us so far, I think Dick and Marv are smart enough to know this too. However, JP has to want it bad enough or we're back to square one.

The thing you guys are forgetting is that neither qb's have beaten the other by a mile.

This is why I think that eventually JP will win the job because we haven't seen the best of him while KH can't beat JP at his best .
if it takes this to light a fire under his butt and it hasnt been lit since day ONE.. Then we need to get rid of him and call up on Travis Brown or Alex Van Pelt, so we can have an entire position of mediocrity

HAMMER
08-08-2006, 10:59 AM
I think we should petition the Bills to hire Pat Moran for GM and Ice as the Head Coach, anyone with me?

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 11:09 AM
I think we should petition the Bills to hire Pat Moran for GM and Ice as the Head Coach, anyone with me?put OP as the official "team INspirational speaker/motivator " and I'm in.