PDA

View Full Version : Losman Finding Royal In Passing Game- Smart Boy

Night Train
08-08-2006, 08:11 AM
From Chris Browns Blog

I think Losman is developing a nice rapport with TE Robert Royal. He's looking for him more and more. Perhaps the time he's spent talking with Jim Kelly is paying off. Kelly used to always say whenever he was in a passing slump or having a hard day offensively the first thing he'd do is look for Metzelaars to get him back in a rhythm. Losman appears to be doing some of that himself.
I think Losman is developing a nice rapport with TE Robert Royal. He's looking for him more and more. Perhaps the time he's spent talking with Jim Kelly is paying off. Kelly used to always say whenever he was in a passing slump or having a hard day offensively the first thing he'd do is look for Metzelaars to get him back in a rhythm. Losman appears to be doing some of that himself.

I already know Losman and Evans work well together, after seeing it last season. If he can return the TE to our offense and hit Willis with some swing passes, he'll set up some golden opportunities deep for Evans. It will also take a lot of pressure off himself.

Holcomb can watch it all from the sidelines. :up:

OpIv37
08-08-2006, 08:15 AM
This is incorrect.

Losman is only allowed to throw bombs. And Holcomb is only allowed to check down. Otherwise this whole QB argument we're having doesn't work.

Tell Chris Brown to revise it. Now.

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 08:23 AM
This is incorrect.

Losman is only allowed to throw bombs. And Holcomb is only allowed to check down. Otherwise this whole QB argument we're having doesn't work.

Tell Chris Brown to revise it. Now.

Throw bombs or take HORRIBLE interceptions telegraphed in the middle of the field, you mean..

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Good deal! Its exactly what he needs to be doing.

mysticsoto
08-08-2006, 09:13 AM
This sounds good, but I wonder how relevant it will be in a real game. From everything I've read and heard about Jauron and Fairchild, they don't implement TEs very much into their game plans. Not saying they can't, but they haven't done much with them in the past.

That being said, I don't think we could do any less than we did with Mularkey who was a TE himself...

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 11:10 AM
This sounds good, but I wonder how relevant it will be in a real game. From everything I've read and heard about Jauron and Fairchild, they don't implement TEs very much into their game plans. Not saying they can't, but they haven't done much with them in the past.

That being said, I don't think we could do any less than we did with Mularkey who was a TE himself...

It doesn't matter how much they implement the TE into the gameplan. JP needs to seek him out and keep going to him. It = more completions, more chain moving, First downs etc. It then forces the D to concentrate on the TE and helps free up the other WR's.