PDA

View Full Version : Comments from JPL on NFLN

Drive 4 Five
08-08-2006, 08:52 AM
For those not fortunate enough to be blessed with this incredible broadcasting network.

On his relationship/rapport with his new offensive coordinator, J.P. said that he has been riding him hard, unwilling to overlook even the slightest mistake. J.P went on to say that he enjoys this approach, that it will make him that much better.

He described the offense as an extremely aggressive one, predicated on the vertical/deep passing game, and one that demands a lot of the QB.

On the QB battle Losman indicated that he felt he was doing well but that he had no clue as to what the coaches are thinking at this point. When asked about his performace in a recent scrimmage, again he stated that he felt he played well. He went on to explain that his primary focus is on going out each day and doing everything in his power to improve, not on what the coaches are thinking.
He did joke about whipping Kelly Holcomb at some table tennis and also said that he and Kelly have forged a good relationship while both are focused on helping this team to get better and helping one another get better.

In regards to the play of his defense, Losman stated that they are doing some good things, that they are seeking their identity in this new scheme, and we'll no for sure by the 3rd and 4th preseason game when the team really begins to show what kind of season they can have. He ended by saying that right now the defense has flown under the radar a bit but that they are coming together.

You know I really do not understand why anyone would want to see this young man fail. Especially a fan of this team. Furthermore I feel that there are people out there who have tried very hard to cast a negative spin on everything concerning this young man and there are several posts in the forum right now that reflect this kind of negativity that I just cannot comprehend.
On a final note I thought it was funny that J.P. seems to have picked up a bit of a NY accent. I am now officially late to work but I had to get this out because I feel that the actual comments made by J.P. were grossly scewed by people on this board and taken way out of context.

ryjam282
08-08-2006, 09:03 AM
I am a big fan of the kid. When everything blew up for him last year he could have pulled a RJ or Leaf and just said screw it and took his money and ran. He is really showing what he is made of at this point. He is taking every opportunity to get better and show he is the leader of the team. I like that kind of attitude. I sure hope he gets a legit shot at the starting job, from Mikey's reports he appears to be getting screwed by getting all the reps with the #2 team.

TigerJ
08-08-2006, 09:06 AM
I really think the whole anti-Losman thing dates back to the "cocky" descriptions in a few pre-draft publications. Fans read that and thought, "Cocky, eh? Well he'd better be good." We forgave Jim Kelly's cockiness because he was good, coming in with a couple years of USFL experience. Well, Losman was thought to be cocky and came in and played like most young QBs at the start of their careers. Fans thought, "Cocky and can't play? We don't need this," and never forgave him or were willing to extend any grace period while he learned the pro game. For myself, I always though Losman was fan friendly and driven to succeed, but then it is my nature to see the best in people.

Drive 4 Five
08-08-2006, 09:11 AM
I am a big fan of the kid. When everything blew up for him last year he could have pulled a RJ or Leaf and just said screw it and took his money and ran. He is really showing what he is made of at this point. He is taking every opportunity to get better and show he is the leader of the team. I like that kind of attitude. I sure hope he gets a legit shot at the starting job, from Mikey's reports he appears to be getting screwed by getting all the reps with the #2 team.

Yet he is still outplaying Holcomb? Just kidding. I really don't have a problem with Kelly Holcomb. I've said some stuff in the past but if he comes out of this on top I feel that it will be a move made in the best interest of this team at that particular point. I really don't see that happening though. I really feel Losman is our franchise QB. He has all the intangibles we could ask for. From everything I have ever seen and heard he has an excellent work ethic and a great attitude. Never once did he complain about losing his job last season. Oh and he has a rocket of an arm and excellent mobility too.

Philagape
08-08-2006, 09:12 AM
I really think the whole anti-Losman thing dates back to the "cocky" descriptions in a few pre-draft publications.

Some of it goes back to Dreadsoe worshippers

Drive 4 Five
08-08-2006, 09:15 AM
I really think the whole anti-Losman thing dates back to the "cocky" descriptions in a few pre-draft publications. Fans read that and thought, "Cocky, eh? Well he'd better be good." We forgave Jim Kelly's cockiness because he was good, coming in with a couple years of USFL experience. Well, Losman was thought to be cocky and came in and played like most young QBs at the start of their careers. Fans thought, "Cocky and can't play? We don't need this," and never forgave him or were willing to extend any grace period while he learned the pro game. For myself, I always though Losman was fan friendly and driven to succeed, but then it is my nature to see the best in people.

Makes sense. They'll come around eventually though. Just like J.P. will.

Jan Reimers
08-08-2006, 09:18 AM
It strikes me that we will even be a better running team with JP at QB. The vertical game will not allow opposing Ds to play up to stuff the run and the short pass, which is all we'll be able to do with Holcomb.

Drive 4 Five
08-08-2006, 09:19 AM
Still. I just cannot comprehend why anyone wouldn't be rooting for this kid to succeed. To me he has proven to be a stand out character guy and we know he has the talent. He has yet to prove it on the field but with his work ethic I really feel that it is really only a matter of time. I know I am repeating myself but I just can't say it enough.

ShadowHawk7
08-08-2006, 01:21 PM
I'd MUCh rather have "Dreadsoe" at QB than Kelly Holcomb. If we said that we couldn't go any farther with Drew at the helm than 9-7 why the hell are we even considering starting Holcomb?

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 01:24 PM
I'd MUCh rather have "Dreadsoe" at QB than Kelly Holcomb. If we said that we couldn't go any farther with Drew at the helm than 9-7 why the hell are we even considering starting Holcomb?
Becuase Marv and DJ are scared and overly conservitive.

ShadowHawk7
08-08-2006, 03:07 PM
How unfortunate. For the team and for us.

Yasgur's Farm
08-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Some of it goes back to Dreadsoe worshippersFeckin BINGO!!! Drewlers hate JP because he chased their hero out of town.

Drive 4 Five
08-08-2006, 09:30 PM
Feckin BINGO!!! Drewlers hate JP because he chased their hero out of town.

As I remember, Drew ran himself out of town by refusing to acknowledge that he is nothing more than an over paid Kelly Holcomb. You can't pin that on J.P.

John Doe
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
It does not sound like the QB competition is having a negative effect on Losman.

I don't understand why it is having such a negative effect on so many fans.

Drive 4 Five
08-08-2006, 09:46 PM
Because we're crazy. I think the issue is that we have some extremely paranoid fans who are reading too much into this QB competition situation. They have little or no confidence in Kelly Holcomb and in their eyes, the mere thought of Losman having to compete against a career backup is not exactly a ringing endorsement for our franchise QB. What they fail to realize is that Jauron is simply being fair by giving each an equal opportunity and are missing the entire point which is competiton makes everyone better.