PDA

View Full Version : Five things to know about the Bills.

ShadowHawk7
08-08-2006, 11:48 AM
1. Running back Willis McGahee looks quicker and faster than he did the past two seasons, and expectations are high for the star back. "The sky's the limit for Willis," said safety Troy Vincent. The reason? Coaches and players think that, for the first time in his pro career, McGahee doesn't experience lingering effects from a devastating knee injury that ended his collegiate career and kept him sidelined his rookie year. McGahee also is slimmer, down five pounds from last year. Plus, some believe his faith in the offense has been restored by a new coaching staff. Whatever it is, the proof is on the field, with McGahee getting to -- and turning -- the corner as he hasn't in the past. "I don't think I have to prove myself all over again," said McGahee, "but that's what I'm going to do."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9588996

He seems to know the Bills better than most national writers. Great article.

patmoran2006
08-08-2006, 03:53 PM
The Sixth Thing to know about the Bills.

Kelly Holcomb is going to be the starting quarterback in week one.

Bufftp
08-08-2006, 03:57 PM

Actually Pat that is not in the article,
BUT THIS IS
"
Why I Don't Like This Team

Let's start with the division. Buffalo's in the AFC East, and it doesn't have the talent of New England or Miami. Second, the Bills should have found a starting quarterback by now. That's what last year was supposed to be about. If they choose Losman -- and I believe they should -- they struggle as he learns. If they choose Kelly Holcomb, they struggle, period.

!Papacrunk!
08-08-2006, 06:27 PM
**off topic somewhat***
So when are the experts/media wrong? When they write something negative, or all of the time whether it's positive or negative?

The_Philster
08-08-2006, 06:41 PM
**off topic somewhat***
So when are the experts/media wrong? When they write something negative, or all of the time whether it's positive or negative?
quite honestly, I'd say they're wrong over half the time when they get to predicting things...way too hard to speculate on stuff that's going to happen

billsburgh
08-08-2006, 09:49 PM
If they choose Losman -- and I believe they should -- they struggle as he learns. If they choose Kelly Holcomb, they struggle, period.
everyone in the world except the coaching staff knows this.

Drive 4 Five
08-08-2006, 09:58 PM

Care to place a wager on that? How about 1,000 ZB's? Put your money where your mouth is.

jamze132
08-09-2006, 04:07 AM
**off topic somewhat***
The media is like the draft. it's a crapshoot. However, unless you actually witness the game in person, the media is the only thing we have to go off of. It's up to the fans to say whether this guy is an idiot or not.

patmoran2006
08-09-2006, 07:20 AM
Care to place a wager on that? How about 1,000 ZB's? Put your money where your mouth is.
I'm in

Night Train
08-09-2006, 07:48 AM
That article was pretty fair.

jamze132
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
everyone in the world except the coaching staff knows this.
What makes you so sure they don't know this?

BillsNick
08-09-2006, 09:22 AM
Nice article :up: