PDA

View Full Version : If they aren't starting Losman, trade him ASAP.

Iehoshua
08-08-2006, 12:06 PM
If Losman is so bad in the new regime's eyes, then they are better off moving him now while he's young and still may have some value. If we're going to start a backup caliber guy, then might as well just put anyone behind him so we don't have to waste any more money on JP. It would be cheaper and we may get a few mid to low draft picks. This would be the team's best course of action.

This is all assuming JP isn't named the starter.

Night Train
08-08-2006, 12:16 PM
JP will be the starter on opening day, barring injury.

It's all part of a sales job to the roster by the coaching staff. Plus it pushes JP to elevate his game. He's clearly the superior talent.

THEY are handling it the right way... unlike those last idiots.

djjimkelly
08-08-2006, 12:19 PM

It's all part of a sales job to the roster by the coaching staff. Plus it pushes JP to elevate his game. He's clearly the superior talent.

i agree new staff is playing games with JP to elavate. or at least i hope that is the case!

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah damn those coaches that have the backbone to just name a guy and stay with him! those QB's never amount to anything! (sarcasm off)

OpIv37
08-08-2006, 12:21 PM
If Losman is so bad in the new regime's eyes, then they are better off moving him now while he's young and still may have some value. If we're going to start a backup caliber guy, then might as well just put anyone behind him so we don't have to waste any more money on JP. It would be cheaper and we may get a few mid to low draft picks. This would be the team's best course of action.

he has no trade value.

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 12:22 PM
i agree new staff is playing games with JP to elavate. or at least i hope that is the case!

Thats all well and good until they push it to the point he says screw it. There is such a thing as over doing a good thing, and this staff is right there at that line

Meathead
08-08-2006, 12:22 PM
If they aren't starting Losman, trade him ASAP.
absolute horse hockey

worst thing they could possibly do

i feel dirty even responding so lets just pretend i didnt

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 12:25 PM
he has no trade value.

Sure he does. Is it a high pick? No. Established QB's dont' have high value anylonger. But I think we could get a 5th for him easy.

Iehoshua
he has no trade value.
Houston gave up a 7th rounder for Cody Pickett. JP may be able to net a 4th or 5th rounder. It'd be better than burying him on the roster until we have to release him outright.

...assuming they don't want to start him.

patmoran2006

I WANT to believe you.
But.. Give me a single indication that what you're saying is indeed the case?

So far, i see the same **** with this staff as the last when it comes to handling these QBs

Iehoshua
08-08-2006, 12:26 PM
absolute horse hockey

worst thing they could possibly do

i feel dirty even responding so lets just pretend i didnt
Please explain the use of keeping someone drafted in the 1st round who is young and inexperienced for the sole purpose of being a backup.

It doesn't make sense to me.

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Houston gave up a 7th rounder for Cody Pickett. JP may be able to net a 4th or 5th rounder. It'd be better than burying him on the roster until we have to release him outright.

...assuming they don't want to start him.

The kids contract is up at the end of 07. He is smiling his arse off right now. Everyone in the league is seeing how he is starting to come together and they know the talent he has.

He is waiting until offseason 08 when he is a FA. The Bills have no transition tags so he gets franchised or walks off to a big contract somewhere else. and for his haters, its going to happen you can count on it.

TigerJ
08-08-2006, 02:11 PM
If Losman is not the Bills' starter this season, I don't think he's on the roster next year, but his trade value this season isn't enoughto merit sacrificing his value as a backup QB now, especially since we've heard nothing on the Nall injury. I think he is going to start in any case.

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 02:14 PM
NO. Even if Losman doesn't start, he can win the job during the course of the season. KH can only do so much and the coaches will eventually get tired of going 0-1,000 on 3rd and long.

ICE74129
08-08-2006, 02:30 PM
NO. Even if Losman doesn't start, he can win the job during the course of the season. KH can only do so much and the coaches will eventually get tired of going 0-1,000 on 3rd and long.

Yeah but I will say and agree with, if he isn't the starter by the end of the season, he is gone in the 07 offseason.

North_Coast
08-08-2006, 02:59 PM
This is one of the loopiest ideas around recently. It makes no sense to trade away a 1st round draft choice for a 5th rounder only a couple of years later because your 1st rounder's not quite ready to be a starter when some fans think he should be. Are the Bills running a team for the benefit of other teams or are they trying to build a winning franchise? Not all young players develop at the same rate. You don't build a Super Bowl contender by stocking up on 5th or 6th round draft choices!!! :down:

Iehoshua
08-08-2006, 03:23 PM
You don't win Superbowls by drafting players in the 1st round to perpetually sit on the bench, either.

:up:

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Darth, you've been hanging out w/ the bright side too much, lately.

Iehoshua
08-08-2006, 03:44 PM
Blasphemy!!

:mad:

Mr. Cynical
08-08-2006, 04:31 PM

If he can't win the job now, why would he win it later? If the answer is because KH sucked wind and the FO had no other choice but to start JP, then that only further cements them as incompetent.

Start JP from Day 1 or don't keep him on the team. Our QB roster is total crap so may as well give him every chance to gain experience. Starting KH is a total waste of everyone's time even he if looked marginally better in camp. The only reason I can see him starting is because Dick is too conservative to put his job on the line for a 2 year unproven.

Iehoshua
08-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Start JP from Day 1 or don't keep him on the team. Our QB roster is total crap so may as well give him every chance to gain experience. Starting KH is a total waste of everyone's time even he if looked marginally better in camp. The only reason I can see him starting is because Dick is too conservative to put his job on the line for a 2 year unproven.
:bf1:

ibatiger
08-08-2006, 06:56 PM

Could very well happen. We'll have to see how Nall looks when he returns.

John Doe
08-08-2006, 07:09 PM
How would they know if Losman is not starting at QB if they have not decided who is starting at QB?

TacklingDummy
08-08-2006, 07:58 PM
Even if JP is not the starter opening day, he still will see his fair share of starts. Im guessing JP gets about 8-9 starts this year.