X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

huge question to all

if this coaching staff doesnt own anything to JP becuz he wasnt their pick what makes everyone assume HOMOBUM who also wasnt their pick is so far ahead?
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

Re: huge question to all

The truth is the camps are split, some want jp, some want holcomb and there are even a few who want Nall. For the same reason the homer vs. "realist" debate raged on this will as well. No amount of logic, facts....etc is gonna change their minds. The bottom line is none of us know the best way, otherwise we wouldnt be here.

I simply trust the Bills to make the best decision and field the best team they can.
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Devin
      The Octagon
      • Apr 2003

Whether Losman plays or not, thus far in Buffalo he has not had a fair shake.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
        Whether Losman plays or not, thus far in Buffalo he has not had a fair shake.

Agreed, but that being said he does not deserve to be given the starting job. and anytime you have a change in the organization from the management perspective they are going to lean towards using the veteran instead of somebody else risky youngster. Theyd rather bring in there own. Thats why Ive been saying no matter what in 2007 offseason we will bring in atleast 1 QB, maybe 2. Could be Matt Schaub, could be Brady Quinn, could be Chris Leak. But I dont think who starts this year will matter any for next year, unless the starter is a Pro Bowler.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Losman doesn't deserve to be handed the starting job, true. However even if he's a little worse than Holcomb, you start him. Holcomb will NEVER improve whereas JP definitely can improve. And the "Holcomb gives us the best chance to win now" is a weak endorsement, given that the Bills are essentially rebuilding. I mean, say the team goes 8-8 with Holcomb. Great. What about next year? Keep starting him and hope his 34-year old arm/body holds up? Draft another QB when you STILL have JP and DON'T know what you have in him because you sat him for a 33-year old QB who led you to an average record.

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
            Agreed, but that being said he does not deserve to be given the starting job. and anytime you have a change in the organization from the management perspective they are going to lean towards using the veteran instead of somebody else risky youngster. Theyd rather bring in there own. Thats why Ive been saying no matter what in 2007 offseason we will bring in atleast 1 QB, maybe 2. Could be Matt Schaub, could be Brady Quinn, could be Chris Leak. But I dont think who starts this year will matter any for next year, unless the starter is a Pro Bowler.
            Absolutley. Im not saying it should have been served up on a silver platter or anything, he should absolutley have to earn the job.

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

nobody owes either qb anything. bottom line is who plays better.. now and moving forward.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

If JP is the better QB he will win the job. Why would this staff sabotage him?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR

Good question

COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• djjimkelly
                    • Apr 2003

my point of this question is pure and simple who starts week 1 preseason MEANS NOTHING who starts week 2 preseason means NOTHING we get to week 3 and HOMO is starting ill be worried a bit. none of us know what marv and dick have in store or what they are trying to do with losmans psyche. if this was parcells instead of jauron half on here would be parcells is breaking down JP's ego. but none of us know what DICK really brings. or what MARV really wants. THEY MAY BOTH REALLY WANT NALL.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                      • Sep 2003

I'm all for JP starting and seeing what this kid can do over the course of a season. But, Jesus, if he can't even beat out Holcomb and Nall then I'm going have to serious doubts about him.

Comment

• ICE74129
                        Legendary Zoner
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                        if this coaching staff doesnt own anything to JP becuz he wasnt their pick what makes everyone assume HOMOBUM who also wasnt their pick is so far ahead?
                        Without reading any responses I will say this. Marv and DJ are extremely conservitive. They also like older guys even if they aren't that great. They feel the safe guy is the best one to go with. This to me doesn't signal well for JP.

Now I know marv as a HC WAS ok with Kelly but that was a different time. Kelly was also a veteran when Marv got here so he was more apt to allow JK to do his own thing.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

In the eyes of many viewers from camp it does not seem like Holcomb has done enough to not warrant a movement toward youth at the QB position. Neither QB has clearly outplayed the other from what I have seen. Losman has the potential to get better. With Holcomb that is about as good as you are going to get.

Comment

• ICE74129
                            Legendary Zoner
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
                            Personal views on the QB position. If they want a conservitive then JP has no shot. They arent going to make him into tom brady. He is more of an elway/Favre type and I don't think that fits DJ's mold

Comment

Working...
                            X