PDA

View Full Version : the WR competition/Aug 8 blog

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 04:04 PM
I'm lovin it. Watch the video at www.buffalobills.com . As you watch it take note of who's throwing bombs. Here's a hint.... nevermind.

I think Evans, Price, Reed and Parrish are in.

Aiken seems to be making strides at camp and has special teams capability.

Nance is looking good since he's been here.

Haven't heard much about Davis compare to the top 4.

Wilson and Freddie Smith may be gone.

EDIT: Chris Brown blog for the day

http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

The_Philster
08-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I'm lovin it. Watch the video at www.buffalobills.com . As you watch it take note of who's throwing bombs. Here's a hint.... nevermind.
is he the younger guy? ;)

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 04:17 PM
is he the younger guy? ;)
seniority or reverse seniority.

JoeMama
08-08-2006, 04:20 PM
JP Losman's got one pretty-ass deep ball.

That's probably his biggest edge over Kelly Holcomb.

If/when Losman gets the nod, look for a lot of big plays to Evans, kind of like the KC game but more often.

Devin
08-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Love him or hate him the kid has a cannon.

bigmouldsfan
08-08-2006, 04:30 PM
what's going on with andre davis? i haven't heard his name mentioned once sign camp started. what did i miss?

DraftBoy
08-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Good report there, I think Peerless is looking more and more like he's got the #2 spot. I think the chart is gonna be:

1. Evans
2. Reed
3. Parrish
4. Reed
5. Davis
6. Aiken

PS: Nance

justasportsfan
08-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Good report there, I think Peerless is looking more and more like he's got the #2 spot. I think the chart is gonna be:

1. Evans
2. Reed
3. Parrish
4. Reed
5. Davis
6. Aiken

PS: Nance

1-5 is .... short and fast

LtBillsFan66
08-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Jeez, not we have for ff past 3 commercials?

LtBillsFan66
08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
I think Parish is going to open some eyes and Price is going to redeem himself. I LOVE our receivers.

The_Philster
08-08-2006, 04:44 PM
I think Parish is going to open some eyes and Price is going to redeem himself. I LOVE our receivers.
I do as well...on paper. They have to put it together on the field...part of that will require someone getting them the ball downfield..

DraftBoy
08-08-2006, 04:46 PM

Agreed!

DraftBoy
08-08-2006, 04:49 PM
Evans 5-10
Price 5-11
Parrish 5-9
Reed 5-10
Davis 6-1
Aiken 6-2
Nance 6-3

I dont care about being short if we can stretch the opposing defenses and also make people miss. Also another guy we may consider for the practice squad is Chris Denney. He's been making some noise and at 6-3 could be another good option.

JoeMama
08-08-2006, 04:50 PM
It's difficult to dislike our recievers.

You've got Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce clones in Lee Evans/Peerless Price.

You've got a Ricky Proehl clone in Roscoe Parrish.

Then you've got spectacular depth with Josh Reed & Andre Davis.

And, of course, one hell of a sleeper in Martin Nance.

There's a lot to like.

ParanoidAndroid
08-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Evans looks like he will be good and Price is possibly resurgent but I don't think you can honestly compare them to Holt and Bruce, not even style-wise. You're talking about one of the best tandems in football history.

HHURRICANE
08-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Evans looks like he will be good and Price is possibly resurgent but I don't think you can honestly compare them to Holt and Bruce, not even style-wise. You're talking about one of the best tandems in football history.

But we got Holcomb!:crazed:

Goobylal
08-08-2006, 09:36 PM
I can't see the Bills cutting Nance because he'd get scooped-up (by a team like Philly or the Patriots at the very least) in an instant. As it stands, at least 1 of the WR's the Bills release will get snapped-up instantly. I'm hoping they can sneak George Wilson onto the PS this year

billsburgh
08-08-2006, 09:42 PM
there will be some tough cuts to make from this group. all these speedy receivers wont be worth anything though if the qb cant get them the ball downfield meaning arm strenght and the line can give them time.

John Doe
08-08-2006, 09:44 PM
I can't see the Bills cutting Nance because he'd get scooped-up (by a team like Philly or the Patriots at the very least) in an instant. As it stands, at least 1 of the WR's the Bills release will get snapped-up instantly. I'm hoping they can sneak George Wilson onto the PS this year

I don't think that any team would pounce on Wilson and I agree with you that he will be a good addtion to the practice squad.

Nance is another story. It is hard for teams to take a chance on adding an undrafted guy like Nance just before the season starts - most teams will stock their practice squad with receivers that they have cut from their own team for added depth because they know their own system. But, if he continues to shine and play well on special teams maybe someone does pick him up.

Goobylal
08-08-2006, 10:12 PM
I don't think that any team would pounce on Wilson and I agree with you that he will be a good addtion to the practice squad.

Nance is another story. It is hard for teams to take a chance on adding an undrafted guy like Nance just before the season starts - most teams will stock their practice squad with receivers that they have cut from their own team for added depth because they know their own system. But, if he continues to shine and play well on special teams maybe someone does pick him up.
Possibly WRT Nance and Wilson, but you hate to take that chance. I shuddered when the Bills released Peters a couple years ago and even more when I heard the Giants were looking at him.

LifetimeBillsFan
08-09-2006, 03:14 AM
According to Chris Brown's reports on BB.com, Davis has been very consistent in camp so far and has also done a good job working as a gunner on the kicking teams. With Stamer (and possibly Haggan) likely to stick now that Posey is gone, Aiken may be expendable, if Davis can do his job as a gunner on STs. That would leave a spot open for Nance.

From what I've read, Nance hasn't been getting a whole lot of reps in camp, but he always seems to show up on the list of players who made nice plays. I can see the Bills keeping Nance, especially if JP Losman is going to be the starting QB. It seems like a lot of the nice plays that Nance makes are on passes from JP, moreso than from Kelly Holcomb. Still, even if Davis takes over most of the things that Aiken does on STs, Nance is going to have to show that he can contribute somehow, in some way, on the special teams in order to make the active roster and so far I have not heard anything about what he may be doing in that area. But, to me, Nance is too much of a talent and has already developed enough of a rapport with Losman for the Bills to risk losing him, particularly if they decide that Losman is the team's QB of the future.

jamze132
08-09-2006, 03:25 AM
It's difficult to dislike our recievers.

You've got Torry Holt/Isaac Bruce clones in Lee Evans/Peerless Price.

You've got a Ricky Proehl clone in Roscoe Parrish.

Then you've got spectacular depth with Josh Reed & Andre Davis.

And, of course, one hell of a sleeper in Martin Nance.

There's a lot to like.
Uh... please refrain from comparing Evans and Price to Bruce and Holt. And the spectacular depth you speak of? Uh... I wouldn't consider Davis and Reed, "spectacular" by any means.