• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Why are we not optimistic?

We have very fast WR's, JP w/ a cannon arm / mobility that's maturing, a revamped Defense with good speed, a redone oline, TE's who look to stay healthy, a league best Special teams.

I see many reason for optimism, not this we are done writers sort of view. I personally don't give 2 *****s what the writers think about the Bills. A few years ago we were #1 on their power rankings and fell rather quickly to obscurity, do what the H*ll so they know?
  • bflojohn
    • Aug 2005

Re: Why are we not optimistic?

I'm right there with you Skooby! The speed on this team could set off fireworks the likes that have'nt been seen in Buffalo for, oh, say 14 years! If my guess is right, Fairchild will mix run/pass with close to 50-50 splits, and the TE will be utilized for a change. The secret here is that the Bills must take their shots downfield every game to keep 8 out of the box. This can be done if they commit to the bomb threat that their opponents should see fairly often. Willis McGahee is in for a BIG season if they establish this balance. It can be done and it might take a few games to iron out the wrinkles, however, the final 8 games will be exciting!! Maybe, just maybe, that 8 game run will garner them a playoff position. If they stay healthy and build this unit, anything can happen!!

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
      • Sep 2003

Because being negative is easier. Since 31 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, it's a safer bet.

PTR
      10 Commandments of the D
      1. Never stop Rocking.
      2. Legalize all drugs.
      3. Quit your day job.
      4. All Religion should be taxed.
      5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
      6. F**k her gently.
      7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
      8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
      9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
      10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

I hope that JP can light up the field like the "eyes of Alah" and send the infidels back to their maker.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

What good is a cannon arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn?

Comment

• Night Train
            Retired - On Several Levels
            • Jul 2005

I WANT IT...NOW !!!!

That's the problem. I realize we haven't made the playoffs in 6 years but the new regime has nothing to do with those failures.

Like it or not, we must give them time to put in the O and D gameplans plus tweek the roster.

I'm optimistsic but not unrealistic in what to expect in 2006. Just get this team moving in the right direction and stay the course.
            Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
              What good is a cannon arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn?
              JP doesnt have that problem so why do you ask?

Comment

• jamze132
                • Jun 2003

I am pretty sure that Holcomb couldn't hit water if he threw the football off a boat. Well, if the water was more than 40 yards away anyways.

It is much better for the receiver to "catch" up to the ball then have to stop and do a 180' to bat the ball away from the defender.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                  We have very fast WR's, JP w/ a cannon arm / mobility that's maturing, a revamped Defense with good speed, a redone oline, TE's who look to stay healthy, a league best Special teams.

I see many reason for optimism, not this we are done writers sort of view. I personally don't give 2 *****s what the writers think about the Bills. A few years ago we were #1 on their power rankings and fell rather quickly to obscurity, do what the H*ll so they know?
                  Fast WR's does not equal GOOD WR's. They still need to be able to run good routes, hold onto the ball and get YAC.

JP hasn't shown the leadership, accuracy or consistency necessary for an NFL starting QB yet. Doesn't mean he won't- it just means don't be so hopeful until he demonstrates the capability.

Our DL is still weak and lacks depth, and speed does not equal skill. The DB's look good, but they're only as good as the pash rush, which will be hurting because of the aforementioned DL problems.

The OL is better but better isn't necessarily good enough.

I'll give you the TE's and the ST's

basically, this team has a ton of ?'s and they're not all going to get answered this season. So, get over it, Skoobs- this isn't our year.
                  Last edited by OpIv37; 08-09-2006, 10:36 AM.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                    Unreachable Douche
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    JP doesnt have that problem so why do you ask?
                    NO? 49.6 comp. %, the 34th ranked (last) in the NFL and you consider him accurate?

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                      Because being negative is easier. Since 31 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, it's a safer bet.

PTR

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                        Roways rooking ahread!
                        • Sep 2005

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot

PTR
                        ~3% chance

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                          Roways rooking ahread!
                          • Sep 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          Fast WR's does not equal GOOD WR's. They still need to be able to run good routes, hold onto the ball and get YAC.

JP hasn't shown the leadership, accuracy or consistency necessary for an NFL starting QB yet. Doesn't mean he won't- it just means don't be so hopeful until he demonstrates the capability.

Our DL is still weak and lacks depth, and speed does not equal skill. The DB's look good, but they're only as good as the pash rush, which will be hurting because of the aforementioned DL problems.

The OL is better but better isn't necessarily good enough.

I'll give you the TE's and the ST's

basically, this team has a ton of ?'s and they're not all going to get answered this season. So, get over it, Skoobs- this isn't our year.
                          Some of the If's can turn into realities, you have to leave that door open. Willis is going to run fast all year, drew has his mind to get paid, It's the U way.

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Skooby
                            Some of the If's can turn into realities, you have to leave that door open. Willis is going to run fast all year, drew has his mind to get paid, It's the U way.
                            SOME IFs can and will turn into realities. But the key word is SOME. If you actually expect enough of those if's to turn into realities for this team to do well, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Does everyone realize that every new thread is just repeating what has already been said?

Comment

Working...
                              X