PDA

View Full Version : Why are we not optimistic?

Mitchy moo
08-08-2006, 11:39 PM
We have very fast WR's, JP w/ a cannon arm / mobility that's maturing, a revamped Defense with good speed, a redone oline, TE's who look to stay healthy, a league best Special teams.

I see many reason for optimism, not this we are done writers sort of view. I personally don't give 2 *****s what the writers think about the Bills. A few years ago we were #1 on their power rankings and fell rather quickly to obscurity, do what the H*ll so they know?

bflojohn
08-08-2006, 11:58 PM
I'm right there with you Skooby! The speed on this team could set off fireworks the likes that have'nt been seen in Buffalo for, oh, say 14 years! If my guess is right, Fairchild will mix run/pass with close to 50-50 splits, and the TE will be utilized for a change. The secret here is that the Bills must take their shots downfield every game to keep 8 out of the box. This can be done if they commit to the bomb threat that their opponents should see fairly often. Willis McGahee is in for a BIG season if they establish this balance. It can be done and it might take a few games to iron out the wrinkles, however, the final 8 games will be exciting!! Maybe, just maybe, that 8 game run will garner them a playoff position. If they stay healthy and build this unit, anything can happen!!

PromoTheRobot
08-09-2006, 01:51 AM
Because being negative is easier. Since 31 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, it's a safer bet.

PTR

jamze132
08-09-2006, 03:38 AM
I hope that JP can light up the field like the "eyes of Alah" and send the infidels back to their maker.

TacklingDummy
08-09-2006, 04:30 AM
What good is a cannon arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn?

Night Train
08-09-2006, 05:58 AM
I WANT IT...NOW !!!!

That's the problem. I realize we haven't made the playoffs in 6 years but the new regime has nothing to do with those failures.

Like it or not, we must give them time to put in the O and D gameplans plus tweek the roster.

I'm optimistsic but not unrealistic in what to expect in 2006. Just get this team moving in the right direction and stay the course.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 06:27 AM
What good is a cannon arm if you can't hit the broad side of a barn? JP doesnt have that problem so why do you ask?

jamze132
08-09-2006, 08:17 AM
I am pretty sure that Holcomb couldn't hit water if he threw the football off a boat. Well, if the water was more than 40 yards away anyways.

It is much better for the receiver to "catch" up to the ball then have to stop and do a 180' to bat the ball away from the defender.

OpIv37
08-09-2006, 08:27 AM
We have very fast WR's, JP w/ a cannon arm / mobility that's maturing, a revamped Defense with good speed, a redone oline, TE's who look to stay healthy, a league best Special teams.

I see many reason for optimism, not this we are done writers sort of view. I personally don't give 2 *****s what the writers think about the Bills. A few years ago we were #1 on their power rankings and fell rather quickly to obscurity, do what the H*ll so they know?

Fast WR's does not equal GOOD WR's. They still need to be able to run good routes, hold onto the ball and get YAC.

JP hasn't shown the leadership, accuracy or consistency necessary for an NFL starting QB yet. Doesn't mean he won't- it just means don't be so hopeful until he demonstrates the capability.

Our DL is still weak and lacks depth, and speed does not equal skill. The DB's look good, but they're only as good as the pash rush, which will be hurting because of the aforementioned DL problems.

The OL is better but better isn't necessarily good enough.

I'll give you the TE's and the ST's

basically, this team has a ton of ?'s and they're not all going to get answered this season. So, get over it, Skoobs- this isn't our year.

TacklingDummy
08-09-2006, 10:33 AM
JP doesnt have that problem so why do you ask?

NO? 49.6 comp. %, the 34th ranked (last) in the NFL and you consider him accurate?

LtBillsFan66
08-09-2006, 10:34 AM
Because being negative is easier. Since 31 teams fail to win the Super Bowl every year, it's a safer bet.

PTR
:bf1:

Mitchy moo
08-09-2006, 10:43 AM

PTR

~3% chance

Mitchy moo
08-09-2006, 10:45 AM
Fast WR's does not equal GOOD WR's. They still need to be able to run good routes, hold onto the ball and get YAC.

JP hasn't shown the leadership, accuracy or consistency necessary for an NFL starting QB yet. Doesn't mean he won't- it just means don't be so hopeful until he demonstrates the capability.

Our DL is still weak and lacks depth, and speed does not equal skill. The DB's look good, but they're only as good as the pash rush, which will be hurting because of the aforementioned DL problems.

The OL is better but better isn't necessarily good enough.

I'll give you the TE's and the ST's

basically, this team has a ton of ?'s and they're not all going to get answered this season. So, get over it, Skoobs- this isn't our year.

Some of the If's can turn into realities, you have to leave that door open. Willis is going to run fast all year, drew has his mind to get paid, It's the U way.

OpIv37
08-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Some of the If's can turn into realities, you have to leave that door open. Willis is going to run fast all year, drew has his mind to get paid, It's the U way.

SOME IFs can and will turn into realities. But the key word is SOME. If you actually expect enough of those if's to turn into realities for this team to do well, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you.

gr8slayer
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Does everyone realize that every new thread is just repeating what has already been said?

Mitchy moo
08-09-2006, 10:54 AM
Does everyone realize that every new thread is just repeating what has already been said?

What are you trying to say?

Mitchy moo
08-09-2006, 10:57 AM
SOME IFs can and will turn into realities. But the key word is SOME. If you actually expect enough of those if's to turn into realities for this team to do well, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn that I'd like to sell you.

OP, you act like it can't happen. I personally think the team is being assessed on the talent we have and people using systems. When TD / MM did it, they threw people out there & hoped for the best, these guys are putting players best suited for the system.

A plan is coming together, I see it.

OpIv37
08-09-2006, 11:00 AM
OP, you act like it can't happen. I personally think the team is being assessed on the talent we have and people using systems. When TD / MM did it, they threw people out there & hoped for the best, these guys are putting players best suited for the system.

A plan is coming together, I see it.

and there's a good chance it will come together- eventually. But little to no chance of it coming together this year.

Mitchy moo
08-09-2006, 11:26 AM
and there's a good chance it will come together- eventually. But little to no chance of it coming together this year.

My hope is we pull a few early year wins out and really put it together during the second half. The schedule keeps us near home the latter half of the season and with a team belief, we should be good.

OpIv37
08-09-2006, 11:30 AM
My hope is we pull a few early year wins out and really put it together during the second half. The schedule keeps us near home the latter half of the season and with a team belief, we should be good.

if the Bills have a chance, that's the only way they're going to do it. But that's a really small chance. Going into NE against Bellicheck in Week 1 with the players learning a new system is just asking for trouble

justasportsfan
08-09-2006, 11:40 AM

PTR:clap:

Mitchy moo
08-09-2006, 12:13 PM
if the Bills have a chance, that's the only way they're going to do it. But that's a really small chance. Going into NE against Bellicheck in Week 1 with the players learning a new system is just asking for trouble

Agreed. The pats have everything to lose in that game and I have a really weird feeling that our D is going to want to stick it's neck out. If we get 2 INT's we'll have a shot of winning it, which from a confidence standpoint puts us in a better spot.

BillsFever21
08-09-2006, 12:23 PM
How many more of these same posts do you need to start, Skooby? Give it a break and relax and wait for the season to start.

raphael120
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM

because we"re not the colts, steelers, bears, patriots, dolphins, panthers, seahawks, or the bengals

hence no one is giving us a chance, and national spotlight is never on buffalo and wont be til they show us something non-bills like. bills-like meaning underachieving football performances