• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Belichick: Broken wrist ends Bruschi's preseason

amen.

There was good news and bad news for the New England Patriots on Tuesday. The bad news is that they will be without the heart and soul of their defense for the rest of the preseason. The good news is that they could get him back before New England's first regular season game.

Linebacker
    New England Patriots

2005 SEASON STATISTICS
    TotAstSoloFFSackInt

Head coach Bill Belichick confirmed late Tuesday night that linebacker Tedy Bruschi has a broken wrist and will not play in any preseason games

Head coach Bill Belichick confirmed late Tuesday night that linebacker Tedy Bruschi has a broken wrist and will be out for at least the month of August, multiple media outlets in Boston reported.
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: Belichick: Broken wrist ends Bruschi's preseason

OUCH!
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Oh great now all we are going to here in week 1 is how miraculous Bruschi is to overcome the broken wrist to start and make tackles in week 1..

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

Why is this even a story? Who gives a crap, he's gonna be ready for the regular season anyways. This is ******ed.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

Originally posted by BillsNick
          Why is this even a story? Who gives a crap, he's gonna be ready for the regular season anyways. This is ******ed.
          Not necessarily. He is having it looked at to determine if it requires surgery. Reports are it could be a scapula injury, which might require surgery to correct. If he has the surgery, he would be out 6 weeks and not return until late September.

Comment

• jamze132
            Don’t hate…
            • Jun 2003

Bruschi could have 3 broken arms and a torn spleen and still make a miraculous comeback against Buffalo. CBS will most definetly have the "Bruschi Love Fest", much like the one ESPN displayed for us. Forget about the guy named Spikes who tore his achiles off his bone and missed just about everygame last year.

By the way, someone should inform whoever decides the "Brushi Love Fest", that he sucks. Seriously, there are way better LBs in the AFC that deserve to go to Hawaii, not this tool.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
              • May 2003

If the Bills would just win a game against this team already then we wouldn't even be having this discussion. Look fellas, I hate the Patriots as much as the next guy but I seriously cannot tolerate hating on individual players because of their exceptional performances and the medias love affair with them. Teddy is a great player. Tom Brady is an even greater player. Maybe the best in all of the league. Personal feelings aside, I cannot help but have a tremendous respect for thier game.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                • May 2003

But all of that aside...

F**K THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Comment

• LtFinFan66
                  • Mar 2005

God would play with a broken wrist. Tedy is a wannabe!!

Comment

• Ron Burgundy
                    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by don137
                    Oh great now all we are going to here in week 1 is how miraculous Bruschi is to overcome the broken wrist to start and make tackles in week 1..
                    If you remember the game he came back to play against us, you'll remember that he didn't even make many tackles. They actually made up a stat for the guy!

I remember the announcers saying, "Look how many hits Bruschi is racking up!"

"And there's another hit for Bruschi."

They kept a running tally of his hits all through the game. I think they credited him with one any time he made contact with another player, touched the ball, took his helmet off, or put it back on.

Anybody here know WTF a "hit" is?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

some superhero. plays with heart problems but can't handle a broken wrist. pussy.

i wonder how the media will spin this.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Tedy had surgery this morning, with a screw being put in the wrist to stabalize it.

The early prognosis is 6 weeks, which means he may miss the opener.

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                          Tedy had surgery this morning, with a screw being put in the wrist to stabalize it.

That's encouraging news.

Don't get me wrong- I don't want the guy to be hurt. I just don't want him to come back against us- the Bruschi lovefest on ESPN last time was sickening.

Game-breaking plays were occuring and the announcers were telling the same story about Bruschi going to six doctors for the 3rd friggin time and cutting to shots of his wife. Morons.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NE39

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

one more check for the biils to win.

Comment

Working...
                              X