PDA

View Full Version : Salary Cap Update 8/9

clumping platelets
08-09-2006, 07:03 AM
Just a quick update for those interested........I presently have the Bills $11,796,635 under an "adjusted" salary cap of $101,865,911 with $15,000,892 "dead cap" ..............HOWEVER

These numbers do not include bonuses for Whitner, McCargo, Youboty, or Peters

Thus, I suspect the Bills are somewhere $6-8 million under........

Cap page will be updated after the first cuts

jamze132
08-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Sounds good. As of now, what kind of dead cap are we looking at next season?

TigerJ
08-09-2006, 01:08 PM
I'm not a cap guy, and I can't tell you specifics on next year's cap figures, but I do know that 2007 dead cap numbers include only those person who are post June 1 cuts, i.e. Jeff Posey. I think he was pertty late into his contract so his dead cap numbers should be pretty small. Of course, that will change drastically after the present season is over.

mysticsoto
08-09-2006, 01:13 PM
I'm not a cap guy, and I can't tell you specifics on next year's cap figures, but I do know that 2007 dead cap numbers include only those person who are post June 1 cuts, i.e. Jeff Posey. I think he was pertty late into his contract so his dead cap numbers should be pretty small. Of course, that will change drastically after the present season is over.

Mike Williams will still have dead cap space next year also. Somewhere in the $4-5 million I believe...

clumping platelets
08-09-2006, 01:14 PM
Mike Williams entire proration falls on 2006 cap.....he counts nothing on 2007

BigGabes23
08-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I believe that Williams and Moulds Dead cap are all in this years. We kinda did what the Browns did last year.

bigbub2352
08-09-2006, 01:29 PM
dead cap for next year could be Bennie Anderson, minimal but i believe he had another year on that contract, as for Lawyer Milloy, Eric mOulds, Mike Williams, Sam Adams, Jeff Posey, Mark Campbell all would have been FA next year so i think we will be in outstanding shape next year with the cap

patmoran2006
08-09-2006, 04:00 PM
SO lets say they are 8 million under and the cap goes up some 9 million next year to 110.

That should leave them about 15-18 million under for next year, with Fletcher and Kelsay as our name "free agents" as well as Clements (bye bye ****wad) and I'm sure we'll have to redo Willis' deal.

Hopefully we will have the cap room to address the two spots that need it most.. DE and LT

I'm PRAYING JP emerges as a decent QB, or Nall. Otherwise we'll be throwing money out on another one, or taken one in round one of draft.

feelthepain
08-09-2006, 04:14 PM
It's frikin sad to have that much cap space left. I feel for the fans, they could have a much better team if the guy's in charge would spend the money to get the players needed to win. There were a lot of really good FA the Bills had the money to land, but didn't land them.

alohabillsfan
08-10-2006, 03:43 PM
It's frikin sad to have that much cap space left. I feel for the fans, they could have a much better team if the guy's in charge would spend the money to get the players needed to win. There were a lot of really good FA the Bills had the money to land, but didn't land them.

We tried that in the past and failed! I like the way we are headed, I would rather sign young players with heart and potential and leave the spending of all that cap money to Snyder in Washington, boy he sure has wrapped up alot of championships with that mentality! We will be better this way!

don137
08-10-2006, 04:05 PM
I hope the Bills do some incentive laden contracts in mid-season for some players that are unattainable so they hit this year's cap but then since the incentive was not reached get added on to next year so the Bills would have 6.5 more than everyone else.

feelthepain
08-10-2006, 08:12 PM
We tried that in the past and failed! I like the way we are headed, I would rather sign young players with heart and potential and leave the spending of all that cap money to Snyder in Washington, boy he sure has wrapped up alot of championships with that mentality! We will be better this way!

Just because you tried in the past is no gurantee the results will be the same in the future. It also matters the talent you bring in fits what you're doing and you're not just paying for a name. You're acting like FA doesn't work. It works, as long as you have the people in charge that know what their doing. The Bills problem is ownership.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2006, 09:38 PM

Name me the good FA's we passed on? LeCharles Bentley who's done for the year?

I don't know how to tell you this but you look alot like Washington. Plus your youngest player on the defensive line was drafted in '98.

I'm really not trying to rip on you but you might want to focus on your team because I really don't think they are that good.