• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

My BILLS CAMP Summary from Tue Night

The GOOD:
    * I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that Jason Peters is going to be the best Bills tackle we've had since Will Wolford. THis guy is a MONSTER and he's FAST as hell. Put it this way; the way he's looking, if he played during our Super Bowl days he'd STILL be starting.

* I'm not sure NAte Clements is even our best cornerback anymore. Nothing against him, but Terrence McGee looks unbelievable right now.
    * Josh Reed could say goodbye to the starting spot, and from what I see at least it's starting to look like see ya to the 3 spot as well. I think Price has already locked up a starting spot, and I think Parrish is going to see more time as third receiever than Reed.

* You've probably heard a lot about him, and from what I see; its true.. Go out and buy your Angelo Crowell jerseys now. This guy may be the BEST LB on our team by the end of the year, and considering we got Fletch and TKO thats saying a lot.

The BAD

* There were some sloppy plays overall on the OL, but I didnt think they looked that bad. There is only ONE thing now that is horrific. The problem is that ONE thing is the most important position on the field. BOTH of these quarterbacks looked like complete and utter ****. Same old thing with JP; looks great throwing the long ball, hits a couple of decent short passes and then goes directly in the TANK with some of the most ugly, rushed short/intermediate passes you can ever see... If I was Marv, I would've seriously hired JIm Kelly as my QB coach so he can smack him in the face a few times a game.. Its SO obvious this guy needs guidance, I just dont get it. Depending on when you get up to piss, this guy can look unbelievable or he can seriously look worse than any QB I've ever seen here.. Its a total crapshoot.

Here's the funny thing.. He was NOT the worse of the QB's.

Kelly Holcomb was absolutely brutal... If this was the first time I seen him, I'd wonder how the hell he ever got to put a NFL uniform on. He threw at least two interceptions (I think more) and at least two more were dropped. FOr someone who's supposed to be good at getting rid of the ball, he was holding the ball FOREVER. I'm telling you, he was BRUTAL. I shiver to think this guy may be starting.

SUMMARY

I'm really disgusted about the QB situation. Our OL is looking decent, ESPECIALLY on the right side.. Our WR's have looked FAR better when I anticipated (Seriously- they aint gonna miss MOulds at all) and Willis is looking like an animal, a 1400-1500 yard runner.

But when you look at these **** QB's its going to go all for naught, because if at least one of them can get their head out of their ass, all of these weapons on offense wont mean ****.

I'm really dissapointed Nall is hurt.. I'd love to see what he has with the first team.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • dannyek71
    Drink Responsibly
    • Dec 2004

Re: My BILLS CAMP Summary from Tue Night

Price has done well, but he is always dropping passes.
    [

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by dannyek71
      Price has done well, but he is always dropping passes.
      I'll take him dropping a few passes.. whats impressive is he's ALWAYS getting open, against a very good secondary.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
        Legendary Zoner
        • Jul 2002

Biased.

Comment

• Kerr
          Hall of Fame Zoner
          • Feb 2005

Don't even consider it, pat. Nall sucks more.

Comment

• BuffaloBillsStampede
            • Aug 2005

Pat I agree with everything you said and that was not biased at all. He is dead on on everything. Before Nall got hurt he looked better than the other two. He was more consistent by far. Great job Pat.
            SUPER MARIO PLEASE COME TO BUFFALO!!!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

I agree with Pats assessment of the team except for the OL. Either the DL is way better than what we had last year or the OL is simply behind still grasping for chemistry. There were hardly any holes that any of the rb's could pull a long one. Didn't matter which qb's were playing with what unit, both 1st and 2nd DL units were getting to the qb's.

Qb's:
              During the first part of the practice, KH was way ahead of JP. Towards the end of the practice, JP was not all that but KH stunk it up. At the end of the day they were still neck to neck (IMO) but one could say JP had a SLIGHT advantage because he moved the ball in the 2 min. drill while KH went no where in his 1st 2 snaps by attempting to run the ball and INT on 3rd down by attempting to throw deep.

Mikey brought up an interesting point. All the D had to do was cover the 5-10 yds area and Holcomb would be lost and pulling a Rob/Drew "hlod on forever" except that KH doesn't have an arm.

Holcomb should not be the starter. He can only turn out two ways in a game. He'll either be average or blows. Losman can blow-average-getbetter w/ experience. You guys know I didn't care who started as long as the coaches picked fairly. Now I can say forget KH.

JP was inconsistent. Forget that batted down report by Chris Brown at BB.com. JP had one horrible/stupid throw that went straight to 2 defenders with his wr no where in sight. He threw that ball straight at Stamers numbers that Stamer dropped.

SpikesOP is gonna love this)

Spikes is no way close to being 100% If he is 100% by game day, he should be called Superman. During the redzone 7-7 drill, Spikes couldn't get to the TE, so he pushed him down for what would've been a pass interference. That was funny to see.

ST:
              I have never seen any bills team concentrate on ST like the bills of this year. April is drilling them.

Parrish broke a punt return for a TD. It's almost like he had nitrous oxide when he pulled away from the coverage.

OL-

Peters is a beast to say the least. I was watching him in the OL drills and no matter who was in his face, he wouldn't let the guy get past him. If the DL player was relentless at trying to get past him, Peters would even turn it up more.

TE-

Royals is pulling away from the competition. I am surprised with this catchng ability. Way underrated in that dept.

Nance:

Cool guy and very humble. I usually don't care for autographs from players. I was standing by the fence watching Nall throw to TE's after practice (Dang the guy has got a great zip and spiral) when Nance walked by. He was very respectful to the fans . He seemed anti- Willis when it came to swagger. I told him we were pulling for him to not only make the team but start. He kept saying thank you and he's glad we even knew who he was. I told him we don't want to lose him to the steelers if we put him on the PS and he smiled and shrugged his shoulders and said he'd love to stay because of how the bills fans are.

I like high cahracter players and Reed to me was one of those players that I've met who easily had that. I'll take Nance over Reed if it came down to choosing between them.

I do have videos of all the qb's snaps and drills and will try to post them here as soon as I get home. That would depend on JJamez's availability.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                Biased.
                yup. A lot of people are. Both qb's IMO last night sucked equally but at least w/ JP he can only get better and KH is maxed out.

I would love to see NAll compete when he get's healthy.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                  • May 2003

Same old story, medicore QB play, a secondary who cannot hold onto the ball. On the positive side, it is good to hear that we are solidifying some of positions that have been great weaknesses for us in the past, such as TE and LT. The more of these reports I read, the more I despise Mike Mularkey for the way he handled his QB's last year. It is shocking that Levy even wanted this P.O.S. around after the way he mismanaged this entire team last year. Mike Mularkey, may you develop a horrendous case of genital warts and rot in hell you dirty $#%@!!!

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    I agree with Pats assessment of the team except for the OL. Either the DL is way better than what we had last year or the OL is simply behind still grasping for chemistry. There were hardly any holes that any of the rb's could pull a long one. Didn't matter which qb's were playing with what unit, both 1st and 2nd DL units were getting to the qb's.

Qb's:
                    During the first part of the practice, KH was way ahead of JP. Towards the end of the practice, JP was not all that but KH stunk it up. At the end of the day they were still neck to neck (IMO) but one could say JP had a SLIGHT advantage because he moved the ball in the 2 min. drill while KH went no where in his 1st 2 snaps by attempting to run the ball and INT on 3rd down by attempting to throw deep.

Mikey brought up an interesting point. All the D had to do was cover the 5-10 yds area and Holcomb would be lost and pulling a Rob/Drew "hlod on forever" except that KH doesn't have an arm.

Holcomb should not be the starter. He can only turn out two ways in a game. He'll either be average or blows. Losman can blow-average-getbetter w/ experience. You guys know I didn't care who started as long as the coaches picked fairly. Now I can say forget KH.

JP was inconsistent. Forget that batted down report by Chris Brown at BB.com. JP had one horrible/stupid throw that went straight to 2 defenders with his wr no where in sight. He threw that ball straight at Stamers numbers that Stamer dropped.

SpikesOP is gonna love this)

Spikes is no way close to being 100% If he is 100% by game day, he should be called Superman. During the redzone 7-7 drill, Spikes couldn't get to the TE, so he pushed him down for what would've been a pass interference. That was funny to see.

ST:
                    I have never seen any bills team concentrate on ST like the bills of this year. April is drilling them.

Parrish broke a punt return for a TD. It's almost like he had nitrous oxide when he pulled away from the coverage.

OL-

Peters is a beast to say the least. I was watching him in the OL drills and no matter who was in his face, he wouldn't let the guy get past him. If the DL player was relentless at trying to get past him, Peters would even turn it up more.

TE-

Royals is pulling away from the competition. I am surprised with this catchng ability. Way underrated in that dept.

Nance:

Cool guy and very humble. I usually don't care for autographs from players. I was standing by the fence watching Nall throw to TE's after practice (Dang the guy has got a great zip and spiral) when Nance walked by. He was very respectful to the fans . He seemed anti- Willis when it came to swagger. I told him we were pulling for him to not only make the team but start. He kept saying thank you and he's glad we even knew who he was. I told him we don't want to lose him to the steelers if we put him on the PS and he smiled and shrugged his shoulders and said he'd love to stay because of how the bills fans are.

I like high cahracter players and Reed to me was one of those players that I've met who easily had that. I'll take Nance over Reed if it came down to choosing between them.

I do have videos of all the qb's snaps and drills and will try to post them here as soon as I get home. That would depend on JJamez's availability.
                    Your right on BOTH sides of the line.. Im actually pretty pleased with the way the DL is looking, except for DE opposite SChobel.. The DT's look VERY good.

THe OL has NO chemistry right now, though thats not a total shock with two new starters.. The only to ME who looks glaringly weak right now is Gandy, though I think he'll come around.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Thanks to both Pat and Justasportsfan. I also appreciate the unbiased reporting on QB. I have seen some highlights of both of them and it didn't look good.

With that said, JP or Nall (if he get's his butt back out there) has to be named the starter. It's so obvious that Holcomb can't throw a deep ball and spread the D out. This QB competition should be over. O V E R!!

I'd rather watch JP make his mistakes than have to watch Holcomb manage his weak arm the whole time.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Kerr
                        Don't even consider it, pat. Nall sucks more.
                        he cant look ANY worse than the other two did.. Though you are probably right..

I just f'n HATE holcomb.. I think Losman sucks (to this point) but at the least he has the POTENTIAL to improve.. Holcomb just totally blows and defenses will NOT respect his arm, which will cripple Mcgahee

Comment

• Meathead
                          Insufferable prick and perpetual crybaby
                          • Jul 2002

other reports have reed having a strong camp
                          One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• bigbub2352
                            • Feb 2005

I agree with most of what was said with the pracitce from u guys, i was there as well last night, JP is inconsistent but the one thing i did notice about him is at least he is showing a little more flare and leadership than he has in the past, other than that Kelly looked awful, JP was inconsistent but better than Kelly,

Anyway Robert Royal stood out to me, he is very athletic and looks very fluid at his position , he catches and runs very well,
                            John Mccargo was also impressive yesterday he was blowing up Justin Geislinger and Duke in the indidvual drills and showed consistent push up the middle something we defintly lacked last year

Roscoe is blazing quick and looked good yesterday as well

Biggest disappointment in my opinion is Kevin Everett he looks very stiff and lacksadazckle, we will see come game time
                            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• patmoran2006
                              Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                              • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Meathead
                              other reports have reed having a strong camp
                              I havent been there that much, I'm not saying he's having a bad camp, I dont know enough to say that.

What I do know is Price and ESPECIALLY Parrish are having a tremendous camp. And obviously they are faster.

Reed is a much better blocker

Comment

Working...
                              X