Calling all Bills fans from the Central North Carolina Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BlackMetalNinja
    I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
    • May 2005

Calling all Bills fans from the Central North Carolina Area

I know there are a few of you from here in Cary or Raleigh and what not. My question is, where the hell should I go to watch Bills games this season since I can't enjoy them in the comfort of my own home. I went to the Ale House for dinner the other night, seems like they have lots of sports, but not condusive to actually paying attention to the game. Somebody also mentioned The Upper Deck to me as a really good sports bar with really good wings, supposedly owned by a guy from Buffalo?

I need help guys, the season is approaching rapidly and I don't want to get stuck with nowhere to watch!
  • Stewie
    Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
    • Aug 2002

Re: Calling all Bills fans from the Central North Carolina Area

Originally posted by BlackMetalNinja
    I know there are a few of you from here in Cary or Raleigh and what not. My question is, where the hell should I go to watch Bills games this season since I can't enjoy them in the comfort of my own home. I went to the Ale House for dinner the other night, seems like they have lots of sports, but not condusive to actually paying attention to the game. Somebody also mentioned The Upper Deck to me as a really good sports bar with really good wings, supposedly owned by a guy from Buffalo?

I need help guys, the season is approaching rapidly and I don't want to get stuck with nowhere to watch!
    Upper Deck in Cary, near the Harrison / Maynard intersection. There's usually a good contingent of Bills fans.

Ted, the owner, is from Rochester, serves garbage plates, and always puts the bills game on the big TV's. Plenty of darts and pool to boot.

Lots of Bills fans go to the Buffalo Brothers in North Raleigh, but for me that's too far of a drive, considering I like to have some beers and the Upper Deck is only a couple minutes from my house.
    Originally posted by Topdog
    Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
    Originally posted by mercyrule
    I love Weiner.
    also cheese

Comment

• carybillsfan
      • Aug 2003

Those are probably the best 2 places to go, Buffalo Bros. is packed on sundays. They also show all of the Sabres games there as well.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
        • May 2005

Awesome guys... thanks! I was actually just about to go check out The Upper Deck for wings as my friend says it's the only place around here that is really close to home. Maybe I'll get a chance to meet up with you guys to watch a game at some point.

Comment

• Stewie
          • Aug 2002

Yea you should revisit this thread if you want to meet up. I usually go with 3 or 4 big time bills fans and the regulars at the Upper Deck are good folks.

And yeah if you go to Buffalo Bros, get there at 11:30 if you want a table.
          I love Weiner.
          also cheese

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            • May 2005

I just got back from Upper Deck, and it looks like it will suit my needs just fine. It's about 2 miles away, had good wings, and Bills stuff on the walls. What more could a newcomer ask for?

Comment

• NorthCarBills
              • Jan 2006

During the regular season, I understand Buffalo Brothers on Capital Blvd in Raleigh is a good spot. But I have Sunday Ticket so normally I stay in the home and watch the games. I need to get out there eventually or start a local chapter in Clayton/Garner where I live.

I will be traveling to Charlotte this Saturday without a doubt. My Uncle is the Bills Backer coordinator for Charlotte's Townshippe Grille (I think the suburb town is Matthews). They have a huge following there. We'll be tailgating there before the game and traveling by bus I think. I'm psyched to see our first preseason game with a bunch of those faithful.

Comment

• Stewie
                • Aug 2002

If you live in Garner, you might try the Buffalo Wild Wings in the plaza by 70/40. They (usually) spotlight the Bills game, and they have some of the largest projector screens I've ever seen.
                I love Weiner.
                also cheese

Comment

• don137
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
                  During the regular season, I understand Buffalo Brothers on Capital Blvd in Raleigh is a good spot. But I have Sunday Ticket so normally I stay in the home and watch the games. I need to get out there eventually or start a local chapter in Clayton/Garner where I live.

I will be traveling to Charlotte this Saturday without a doubt. My Uncle is the Bills Backer coordinator for Charlotte's Townshippe Grille (I think the suburb town is Matthews). They have a huge following there. We'll be tailgating there before the game and traveling by bus I think. I'm psyched to see our first preseason game with a bunch of those faithful.
                  I'll be at the Grille on Saturday. Ed, the person I talked to said we are meeting at 3:30 at the Grille, going to the Stadium around 5ish and tailgating. I'll see ya there!

Comment

• Stewie
                    • Aug 2002

Anyone here know someone with extra tickets for saturday?
                    I love Weiner.
                    also cheese

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
                      • May 2005

Originally posted by paulB
                      Anyone here know someone with extra tickets for saturday?
                      I saw some posted on craigslist, but I can't justfiy spending the money and then driving 3 hours for a preseason game though...

Comment

• Stewie
                        • Aug 2002

Yea I've been checking out craigslist too.. I don't see the need to spend face value on the tix for a glorified practice either... I didn't realize the game was sold out, so I guess it's less likely someone is gonna dump their tix for cheap.
                        I love Weiner.
                        also cheese

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by don137
                          I'll be at the Grille on Saturday. Ed, the person I talked to said we are meeting at 3:30 at the Grille, going to the Stadium around 5ish and tailgating. I'll see ya there!
                          Yup, Ed is my uncle...great see ya there!

I'll simply yell "don137" in the parking lot and see what happens.

Comment

• don137
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NorthCarBills
                            Yup, Ed is my uncle...great see ya there!

I'll simply yell "don137" in the parking lot and see what happens.
                            I'm sure I'll meet you...I had lunch with Ed last Sunday at the Grille...

Comment

• NorthCarBills
                              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by paulB
                              If you live in Garner, you might try the Buffalo Wild Wings in the plaza by 70/40. They (usually) spotlight the Bills game, and they have some of the largest projector screens I've ever seen.
                              Thanks will check it out

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡