PDA

View Full Version : How did ralph vote on Godell?

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 08:09 AM
It was only 15 votes for godell in the first round. Then there were 7-8 that didn't vote for him in the final vote, but all 32 voted to confirm him as commish.

I wonder if ralph voted against him in the final vote? Here is the deal some voted against him because he was so favored and they didn't like that. Yeah God forbid a guy training for this for years get the job.

My thoughts are Ralph knows he can't bs this guy when it comes to the WNY Economy and his apperant 'Plight' money wise. I feel Godell will address the revenue sharing very quickly so we can get the final sign off on the CBA by the end of October. I also bet he requires ralph to sell naming rights and increase ticket sales some. I might be wrong on the last part but it wouldn't suprise me.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 08:29 AM
I think he voted for him, but he didn't like it.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 09:13 AM
Why didn't he like it? IMHO, and thats all it is, I feel he is pissed he can't BS the guy when it comes to the WNY economy. I think here shortly he is going to hear these words a lot 'Sorry ralph...I know better'.

We will see.

Mr. Miyagi
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
I think he voted for him, but he didn't like it.
:rofl: So he just groaned and moaned about it as he voted?

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 09:53 AM
:rofl: So he just groaned and moaned about it as he voted?

This should shock no bills fan :-)

Jan Reimers
08-09-2006, 09:56 AM
Goodell is at least a Jamestown native, so in his heart of hearts, he may have a soft spot for the Bills - not that he could show in his actions, of course.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Goodell is at least a Jamestown native, so in his heart of hearts, he may have a soft spot for the Bills - not that he could show in his actions, of course.

Exactly. In fact it may hurt more than help. You are always harder on your own kids when you coach/ Teach because of public perception you are favoring them.

I think in the end ralph has to sell stadium rights, up ticket prices somewhat etc to get help. That said the ONLY issue I want clearly resolved is the transfer of ownership in regards to revenue sharing. If they can make sure that a new owner gets revenue sharing....ralph can finally sell :bandwagon

Jan Reimers
08-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Exactly. In fact it may hurt more than help. You are always harder on your own kids when you coach/ Teach because of public perception you are favoring them.

I think in the end ralph has to sell stadium rights, up ticket prices somewhat etc to get help. That said the ONLY issue I want clearly resolved is the transfer of ownership in regards to revenue sharing. If they can make sure that a new owner gets revenue sharing....ralph can finally sell :bandwagon
I agree that he should sell the naming rights and raise ticket prices (but slowly, a little each season), or the league should reduce our revenue sharing by imputing a value for the naming rights/ticket revenues that we forego.

It only seems fair - and legal - that new ownership participate in all revenue sharing to exactly the same extent as existing ownership. I think the Qualifier Committee or whatever it's called will take care of that issue.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 01:59 PM
I agree that he should sell the naming rights and raise ticket prices (but slowly, a little each season), or the league should reduce our revenue sharing by imputing a value for the naming rights/ticket revenues that we forego.

It only seems fair - and legal - that new ownership participate in all revenue sharing to exactly the same extent as existing ownership. I think the Qualifier Committee or whatever it's called will take care of that issue.

I read somewhere that he would just need to increase ticket prices by something like $7.00 per game to be where they wanted him to be. So that would be $56.00 per person on season tickets. Not that much to help keep the team in Buffalo if you ask me.

Naming rights, ask for 1.5 mill per year for 5 years. It isnt' a ton but it sure helps and shows he is willing to do something to try and keep the team here.