PDA

View Full Version : Browns lose another center

Gunzlingr
08-09-2006, 10:01 AM
CLEVELAND (AP) -The Cleveland Browns are losing centers at an alarming rate.
Bob Hallen, thrust into the starting lineup when LeCharles Bentley sustained a season-ending knee injury on one of the first 11-on-11 drills early in training camp, has left the club for personal and medical reasons.

"I think they are both serious,'' coach Romeo Crennel said. "Back injuries are always serious and personal issues make the two equal.''
Hallen, who like Bentley is from the Cleveland area, signed with the club in March after spending four seasons with San Diego. He didn't practice Monday, when Crennel said the nine-year veteran had come down with a "back issue.''
Crennel did not reveal the nature of Hallen's injury or his personal situation and said it's possible the 31-year-old may retire.
"Bob is dealing with medical and personal issues that he is going to have to work out and get taken care of,'' Crennel said. "Such to the point where I will investigate the avenues available to me.''
Shortly after practice Tuesday at training camp in suburban Berea, near Cleveland, the Browns placed Hallen on the exempt/left squad list. To get help at center, the club also traded a conditional pick in next year's draft to the New England Patriots for center Ross Tucker.

More (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/wires/08/08/2020.ap.fbn.browns.center.woes.1st.ld.writethru.0516/index.html)

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Man I feel bad for this team they had a real nice offseason and it seems like everything is going down the ****ter. I like Romeo a lot as a coach so I think he will be able to pull through.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 11:11 AM
Wow. I have to wonder if they are employing some Vikings 91-94 DL techniques? They seem to be getting their OL hurt alot.

TigerJ
08-09-2006, 11:58 AM
Hmmm, Ross Tucker? Where have we heard that name before?

Stewie
08-09-2006, 02:02 PM
haha they had to give up a draft pick to get Ross Tucker

ShadowHawk7
08-09-2006, 02:12 PM
WTF. I knew we should of kept that bastard. He's better than most backups we have now anyway.