PDA

View Full Version : JP and the OL......

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 10:19 AM
I just thought it was important to point out that everytime I have been to camp I have seen JP stretching with the OL especially Peters which has impressed me. He was joking around with Peters and Gibson all night last night. I think this is very important for JP to get a good relationship with these guys so that they want to protect him. I have seen more of a leadership role out of JP this year. I think the JP connection (JP Losman and Jason Peters) could do some great things on the field for us this year.

justasportsfan
08-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Notice how JP isn't scrambling at camp unlike last year? It's almost like Marv wants him to be a Kelly more that a Flutie.

He only had one roll out and made a completed pass only because he was under pressure. That was a good move.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
Good. Develop the relationship with those hogs up front.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Exactly

Michael82
08-09-2006, 11:25 AM
I brought this up numerous times in my report. JP has a great relationship with Jason Peters at camp and is positioned in between the two starting OTs for the stretches.

BillsFever21
08-09-2006, 11:28 AM
I don't think you should take away JP's scrambling abilities and make him nothing more then a pocket passer.

JP is very athletic and showed on some nice runs and rollouts last year when he can do when scrambling. I think he should be a pocket passer first but still put in some plays where he runs to catch the defense off guard.

Or worst of all don't make him feel like he shouldn't run at all. Sometimes a play breaks down and JP has the speed and athletic ability to take of running for some good yardage. I don't want him to shy away from that type of stuff when it's needed.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 11:32 AM
I don't think you should take away JP's scrambling abilities and make him nothing more then a pocket passer.

JP is very athletic and showed on some nice runs and rollouts last year when he can do when scrambling. I think he should be a pocket passer first but still put in some plays where he runs to catch the defense off guard.

Or worst of all don't make him feel like he shouldn't run at all. Sometimes a play breaks down and JP has the speed and athletic ability to take of running for some good yardage. I don't want him to shy away from that type of stuff when it's needed.

Agreed, but...he must move better IN the pocket before looking to take off out of it. He had times last year that if he just moved a little here or there he could make a first down off of a pass.

Saratoga Slim
08-09-2006, 12:02 PM
It's the catch-22 with all running quarterbacks. they need to find the balance between their natural abilities and the benefits of staying in the pocket behind 5-6 large dudes. I'm not so worried about JP getting this aspect figured out, he doesn't have the same quick-trigger to take off as McNabb or Vick had.

patmoran2006
08-09-2006, 12:24 PM
I been trying to express a point and either I'm expressing it poorly, or nobody is grasping.

I want JP to start.. nearly EVERYONE wants JP to start.. It seems to make PERFECT sense.

But from what I"ve seen, read and heard.. Im telling you now.. at least early on, Holcomb is starting.

justasportsfan
08-09-2006, 01:03 PM
I been trying to express a point and either I'm expressing it poorly, or nobody is grasping.

I want JP to start.. nearly EVERYONE wants JP to start.. It seems to make PERFECT sense.

But from what I"ve seen, read and heard.. Im telling you now.. at least early on, Holcomb is starting.

You're not expressing it cleary . So what were to trying to say with this post?