• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bills_7
    TIM COUCH IS MY HERO!
    • Mar 2004

coaching staff/Losman

Im starting to think and i hope im right that the coaching staff is and was always gna start Losman by wk 1, myb they just dont want to hand him the job like last yr... myb they are tryn to see him fight for his job with his back to the wall and see how he does... drain the best out of him.. make him feel like he earned the job on wk1... i think holcomb will start the first 2 or 3 preseason games... then Losman will start the 3 rd or 4th and wk1,,, so he feels he earned and accompliced something... anyone agree?
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: coaching staff/Losman

I think they are stupid for having a 'competition' period. Its a dog and pony show for a handful of vets, the media and a few holcomb lovers.

Its a joke.

Get a pair, name him the starter like Caughlin did E Manning and move on.

Comment

• Hammertime
      • May 2005

Could be that competition serves best to get JP's head straight. You saw why they brought in that fullback from Baltimore - to light a fire under Shelton. Young people need to be motivated.

So...dog and pony my a$$.
      Bruce: What time is it?
      Biscuit: Huh?
      Biscuit: Showtime?
      Bruce: (incensed) Hammertime!!
      Biscuit: Hammertime!
      Bruce: Hammertime is when you hitting that nail in a piece of wood with a hammer. You keep hitting that nail, over and over until you can no longer see the nail. You just see the wood is all splintered and what-not. That is Hammertime.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

i honestly think that they will go with the guy that plays the best right now. period. and they are not sure who that is.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Hammertime
          • May 2005

Which would make sense (something I didn't expect from past coaches) but i think everyone is hoping JP's head catches up with his physical skills....all that potential.
          Bruce: Hammertime is when you hitting that nail in a piece of wood with a hammer. You keep hitting that nail, over and over until you can no longer see the nail. You just see the wood is all splintered and what-not. That is Hammertime.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
            I think they are stupid for having a 'competition' period. Its a dog and pony show for a handful of vets, the media and a few holcomb lovers.

Its a joke.

Get a pair, name him the starter like Caughlin did E Manning and move on.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Hammertime
              Could be that competition serves best to get JP's head straight. You saw why they brought in that fullback from Baltimore - to light a fire under Shelton. Young people need to be motivated.

So...dog and pony my a$$.
              All QB competitions are a dog and pony show, nothing more

Comment

• Hammertime
                • May 2005

Well, my sister is at camp today. Not a football expert like those here at the zone but knows a thing or two. She says JP looks lost and confused while KH seems cool and is hitting his throws. One day early in camp buut it just doesn't seem like JP can relax. Doesn't instill confidence in anyone. Good thing there is a competition to see who can handle the job...

Comment

• patmoran2006
                  Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                  • Dec 2005

Well, my sister is at camp today. Not a football expert like those here at the zone but knows a thing or two. She says JP looks lost and confused while KH seems cool and is hitting his throws. One day early in camp buut it just doesn't seem like JP can relax. Doesn't instill confidence in anyone. Good thing there is a competition to see who can handle the job...
                  your sister is right.. Thats been the case all camp.. Most people only see the highlights of the deep throws he connects on in practice.. JP at times looks HORRIBLY lost.

Holcomb is no better, but he has experience, and for that reason, I think he's going to start.

Maybe last April Levy really did try to trade JP with no takers.. Maybe he seen something in him early on he didnt like........Its MIND BOGGLING to me that JP cannot clear-cut beat out Holcomb for this job,... JP should be DOMINATING camp.. If anything, I expected problems in pre-season games, not TC

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                    i honestly think that they will go with the guy that plays the best right now. period. and they are not sure who that is.
                    I grudgingly agree with you,and I dont think its going to be Losman either... No idea why, but I truly think Jauron has zero confidence in him to make good game decisions

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

You are correct, Your sister isn't a football expert. Her report is a 180 from all the others we get here from the posters.

Comment

• Hammertime
                        • May 2005

I think she can recognize when a QB is bouncing around, patting the ball, and making hasty throws that are off the mark. Same way he looked last year. She also said JP went to his wristband/play list regularly where KH casually walk up to center and ran a play.

I want JP to be the man. He has tremendous physical skills but if he is going to freak out every third and six, F him. We will rely on our D, Willis and a servicable QB in Holcomb or even Nall this year.

Comment

• Albany,n.y.
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                          your sister is right.. Thats been the case all camp.. Most people only see the highlights of the deep throws he connects on in practice.. JP at times looks HORRIBLY lost.

Holcomb is no better, but he has experience, and for that reason, I think he's going to start.

Maybe last April Levy really did try to trade JP with no takers.. Maybe he seen something in him early on he didnt like........Its MIND BOGGLING to me that JP cannot clear-cut beat out Holcomb for this job,... JP should be DOMINATING camp.. If anything, I expected problems in pre-season games, not TC
                          Craig Nall is dominating the QB competition right now by staying on the sidelines. The more time Losman & Holcomb get, the more Nall moves up on the depth chart. When he's healthy, if he shows ANYTHING, Nall will be the starter. My only caveat is he might not be ready for the opener in NE but by opening day at the Ralph, it will be Nall.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                            The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                            • Feb 2005

what a complete cluster ****

Its enough to make you watch figure skating on ESPN on Monday nights
                            In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Just remember guys, it's a new system and teams traditonally struggle early on O, even if they have been playing great in previous years. It's always tougher to get it all together for the O. Just because you have no clear cut favorite just 10 days into camp is no reason to think all is lost or worry, it will take time.
                              Last edited by feelthepain; 08-09-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X