PDA

View Full Version : coaching staff/Losman

bills_7
08-09-2006, 11:23 AM
Im starting to think and i hope im right that the coaching staff is and was always gna start Losman by wk 1, myb they just dont want to hand him the job like last yr... myb they are tryn to see him fight for his job with his back to the wall and see how he does... drain the best out of him.. make him feel like he earned the job on wk1... i think holcomb will start the first 2 or 3 preseason games... then Losman will start the 3 rd or 4th and wk1,,, so he feels he earned and accompliced something... anyone agree?

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 11:34 AM
I think they are stupid for having a 'competition' period. Its a dog and pony show for a handful of vets, the media and a few holcomb lovers.

Its a joke.

Get a pair, name him the starter like Caughlin did E Manning and move on.

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
Could be that competition serves best to get JP's head straight. You saw why they brought in that fullback from Baltimore - to light a fire under Shelton. Young people need to be motivated.

So...dog and pony my a$$.

Tatonka
08-09-2006, 11:52 AM
i honestly think that they will go with the guy that plays the best right now. period. and they are not sure who that is.

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 11:57 AM
Which would make sense (something I didn't expect from past coaches) but i think everyone is hoping JP's head catches up with his physical skills....all that potential.

HHURRICANE
08-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I think they are stupid for having a 'competition' period. Its a dog and pony show for a handful of vets, the media and a few holcomb lovers.

Its a joke.

Get a pair, name him the starter like Caughlin did E Manning and move on.

:clap:

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Could be that competition serves best to get JP's head straight. You saw why they brought in that fullback from Baltimore - to light a fire under Shelton. Young people need to be motivated.

So...dog and pony my a$$.

All QB competitions are a dog and pony show, nothing more

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Well, my sister is at camp today. Not a football expert like those here at the zone but knows a thing or two. She says JP looks lost and confused while KH seems cool and is hitting his throws. One day early in camp buut it just doesn't seem like JP can relax. Doesn't instill confidence in anyone. Good thing there is a competition to see who can handle the job...

patmoran2006
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Well, my sister is at camp today. Not a football expert like those here at the zone but knows a thing or two. She says JP looks lost and confused while KH seems cool and is hitting his throws. One day early in camp buut it just doesn't seem like JP can relax. Doesn't instill confidence in anyone. Good thing there is a competition to see who can handle the job...
your sister is right.. Thats been the case all camp.. Most people only see the highlights of the deep throws he connects on in practice.. JP at times looks HORRIBLY lost.

Holcomb is no better, but he has experience, and for that reason, I think he's going to start.

Maybe last April Levy really did try to trade JP with no takers.. Maybe he seen something in him early on he didnt like........Its MIND BOGGLING to me that JP cannot clear-cut beat out Holcomb for this job,... JP should be DOMINATING camp.. If anything, I expected problems in pre-season games, not TC

patmoran2006
08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
i honestly think that they will go with the guy that plays the best right now. period. and they are not sure who that is.
I grudgingly agree with you,and I dont think its going to be Losman either... No idea why, but I truly think Jauron has zero confidence in him to make good game decisions

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 03:33 PM

You are correct, Your sister isn't a football expert. Her report is a 180 from all the others we get here from the posters.

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 04:14 PM
I think she can recognize when a QB is bouncing around, patting the ball, and making hasty throws that are off the mark. Same way he looked last year. She also said JP went to his wristband/play list regularly where KH casually walk up to center and ran a play.

I want JP to be the man. He has tremendous physical skills but if he is going to freak out every third and six, F him. We will rely on our D, Willis and a servicable QB in Holcomb or even Nall this year.

Albany,n.y.
08-09-2006, 04:28 PM
your sister is right.. Thats been the case all camp.. Most people only see the highlights of the deep throws he connects on in practice.. JP at times looks HORRIBLY lost.

Holcomb is no better, but he has experience, and for that reason, I think he's going to start.

Maybe last April Levy really did try to trade JP with no takers.. Maybe he seen something in him early on he didnt like........Its MIND BOGGLING to me that JP cannot clear-cut beat out Holcomb for this job,... JP should be DOMINATING camp.. If anything, I expected problems in pre-season games, not TC

Craig Nall is dominating the QB competition right now by staying on the sidelines. The more time Losman & Holcomb get, the more Nall moves up on the depth chart. When he's healthy, if he shows ANYTHING, Nall will be the starter. My only caveat is he might not be ready for the opener in NE but by opening day at the Ralph, it will be Nall.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-09-2006, 05:46 PM
what a complete cluster ****

Its enough to make you watch figure skating on ESPN on Monday nights

feelthepain
08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Just remember guys, it's a new system and teams traditonally struggle early on O, even if they have been playing great in previous years. It's always tougher to get it all together for the O. Just because you have no clear cut favorite just 10 days into camp is no reason to think all is lost or worry, it will take time.

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 07:17 PM
ewwwe. The fish fan is right.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-09-2006, 07:56 PM
ewwwe. The fish fan is right.
thats funny Hammer :)

Michael82
08-09-2006, 07:59 PM
That's the first time I have ever heard that from someone at camp. Holcomb hitting all his throws?!?! :lmao:

And I don't know WTF she is smoking by saying that he looks confused. That was last year. I don't see it this year. :::

alohabillsfan
08-10-2006, 03:50 PM
It's just truly sad that we have a QB competition that involves Kelly Holcomb and the other guy, no matter who it is, has not won it yet. I have grave concerns!