PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Lewis Cut

Fatwhite02
02-21-2003, 12:02 AM
Jermaine Lewis was cut today, and I feel he could help our return game out amazingly. what do you guys think?

Shiny Chicken
02-21-2003, 12:04 AM
Mikey was saying the same thing... too expensive... plus Rogers is good... just needs better blocking.

clumping platelets
02-21-2003, 09:54 AM
I would sign Lewis for the right price. He's more accomplished than Rogers as both a returner and WR.

TypicalBill
02-21-2003, 10:00 AM
i dont like rogers, the only task given to him is to return kicks and punts and still didn't get the job done as it should. I think he's just costing us a roster spot, id rather see joe burns return kickoffs and a draft pick from this year return punts.

Bulldog
02-21-2003, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Shiny Chicken
Mikey was saying the same thing... too expensive... plus Rogers is good... just needs better blocking.

Based on last year, what makes you think that Rogers is good? I personally thought the guy stunk the majority of the time. Lewis would be a huge upgrade, but he will want way too much money!

JefftheBillsfan
02-21-2003, 11:54 AM
If you watched last year, Rogers would make someone miss at like the 15, then spin off a guy at the 20 only to be belted by like 3 more guys consistently. I blame the blocking. If we dont win the Super Bowl next year, it wont be because of Rogers..

TedMock
02-21-2003, 03:22 PM
Rogers got killed last year. He was a very good return guy until he came to Buffalo. I don't blame him for sucking. He had zero blocking all season. He usually made the first guy miss, which is what he's supposed to do. He's then supposed to follow blockers and find creases. Instead he'd make guy one miss and before you could blink, guys 3,4 and 5 were hitting him inside the 20. Half the time there were guys 6,7 and 8 piling on too! I think Jermaine Lewis is a top notch return guy but even he would have done nothing with Buffalo's special teams.

jdbillsfan
02-21-2003, 03:43 PM
I wouldn't spend spend the money on Lewis after getting burned on Rodgers. I would just try to pick up a cheap FA or through the draft.

Shiny Chicken
02-21-2003, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Rogers got killed last year. He was a very good return guy until he came to Buffalo. I don't blame him for sucking. He had zero blocking all season. He usually made the first guy miss, which is what he's supposed to do. He's then supposed to follow blockers and find creases. Instead he'd make guy one miss and before you could blink, guys 3,4 and 5 were hitting him inside the 20. Half the time there were guys 6,7 and 8 piling on too! I think Jermaine Lewis is a top notch return guy but even he would have done nothing with Buffalo's special teams.

This is what I'm talkin about.