PDA

View Full Version : What is Jauron doing with peters?

patmoran2006
08-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Memo to Coach Jauron.

Unless our QB is Boomer Esiason, Matt Leinart, Chris Simms or Ken Stabler, why on God's green earth is Jason Peters playing the right tackle spot still while Mike Gandy is playing the left.

Now while I admit I do not have the football intelligence of Jauron, it seems pretty ****ing logical to me that you take the UNDISPUTABLY best linemen on your team and move him over to protect your QB's blind side.

Jason Peters is a MONSTER and he's adapted to every role given to him by this team. HE's already locked up so you dont have to worry about paying left tackle money to him.. MOVE HIS ASS OVER!

John Doe
08-09-2006, 04:16 PM
Now while I admit I do not have the football intelligence of Jauron, it seems pretty ****ing logical to me that you take the UNDISPUTABLY best linemen on your team and move him over to protect your QB's blind side.

You are not admitting that you "do not have the football intelligence of Jauron." You are, in fact, claiming to know more. Otherwise, you would not have posted this thread.

North_Coast
08-09-2006, 04:38 PM
You are not admitting that you "do not have the football intelligence of Jauron." You are, in fact, claiming to know more. Otherwise, you would not have posted this thread.

:woot:

By the way Pat, are you afraid that the Bills might do too well and you'd have to eat serious crow if they leave a serviceable LT where he is and let a young RT learn his job this season?

justasportsfan
08-09-2006, 04:44 PM
:woot:

By the way Pat, are you afraid that the Bills might do too well and you'd have to eat serious crow if they leave a serviceable LT where he is and let a young RT learn his job this season?
he's always come back and admitted his mitakes though in his defense.

MTBillsFan
08-09-2006, 04:50 PM
Maybe Fairchild plans on rolling JP out to the right? Lots of naked boot legs?

GO BILLS!

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Pat is right on this one.

RedEyE
08-09-2006, 04:59 PM
This is precisely why I see JP gettting the starting position. Holcomb would get creamed after every 3rd play with Gandy at LT. JP will have a natural tendancy to roll to his right. Screens to left side of the field will be harder to read and easier to accomplish with a timed cave in. And I'm pretty sure McNally has a lot to say about the positioning of the lineman.

Dr. Lecter
08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
He'll be there next year. He is still learning the tackle position.

Statman
08-09-2006, 05:46 PM
It's not like anyone knew more than Donahoe or Mularkey.

TigerJ
08-09-2006, 10:15 PM
While I would put Peters at LT myself, I'm not going to have a hissy fit over it. I'll wait and see what the line play is actually like before I start complaining.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
08-09-2006, 10:30 PM
Peters is McNally's guy he's gone on the record saying all good things about him and McNally is in charge of the O-Line.

madness
08-10-2006, 07:54 AM
Peters is McNally's guy he's gone on the record saying all good things about him and McNally is in charge of the O-Line.

Well said. If McNally thought Peters was ready for LT he'd be over there already.

Memo to Pat. Coaches are professionals, you're not.

EricStratton
08-10-2006, 08:02 AM
Why is it wrong to have Peters become a great right tackle and anchor the line from that side?

With the evolution of defenses now teams rush from all areas and to have a great RT isn’t the worst thing in the world.

It also sets up a dominant side for the running backs to exploit.

Jan Reimers
08-10-2006, 08:25 AM
The one thing that strikes me about moving Peters is that he is not a "natural" RT, in that he didn't play there during his Arkansas days, as say, Mike Williams did at Texas.

Peters is not a "natural" tackle at all, so it shoudn't be that hard for him to learn the left side at some point, as long as he doesn't get too comfortable on the right. Obviously, though, McNally simply wants him to learn the position at this point, and there is generally not as much pressure to perform at RT.

don137
08-10-2006, 08:26 AM
No doubt Peters would make a better LT than Gandy after he trained at LT however Gandy is better suited as a LT than a RT. You need to look at the whole package and my guess is they feel the line is stronger with Gandy at LT and Peters at RT than Peters at LT and Gandy at RT.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2006, 09:17 AM
This is precisely why I see JP gettting the starting position. Holcomb would get creamed after every 3rd play with Gandy at LT. JP will have a natural tendancy to roll to his right. Screens to left side of the field will be harder to read and easier to accomplish with a timed cave in. And I'm pretty sure McNally has a lot to say about the positioning of the lineman.

I hope your right!! :pray:

Kerr
08-10-2006, 09:27 AM
Mcnally has been the guy in charge at O-line and he seems like to Peters at RT. I agree with pat, I think his speed would be better at LT, but I guess they're willing to let gandy try to improve on last years performance for this year before pondering such a move.

DraftBoy
08-10-2006, 10:22 AM
I like him at RT, he's dominant there, moving him to LT is a different game and he may not be so dominant there. Im with ES leave where he is create a dominant strong side runing attack and fix the left with somebody else. Either way we still got a weak tackle slot. I am not in favor of moving Peters who is coming into his own at the RT spot.

TedMock
08-10-2006, 10:34 AM
He'll be there next year. He is still learning the tackle position.

I agree. While it's a young offense, and they need to grow together in their prospective positions, we don't want to tinker too much. We already have two new starters. Let Peters play out a full season and get 100% comfortable on the line first. Then, the transition will just be a matter of technical adjustments, not so much mental.

justasportsfan
08-10-2006, 12:06 PM
I think they are keeping him there because Willis tends to run towards the right side of the O. It's been said that Willis was being forced by Moolarkey to run in between tackles when he thrived running in the outside.

Willis could break for longer gains w/ an athletic OL in front of him. It was obvious he wasn't gonna gain much by having fat and slow people like Bennie and Mike Williams to lead the way.