PDA

View Full Version : Don Banks opinion on QB's

Risin
08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/08/09/postcard.bills/index.html

1. We're not expecting Bills head coach Dick Jauron to come out and declare a winner just yet, but the dots are starting to get connected in favor of quarterback J.P. Losman. Losman could still jeopardize his standing with shaky performances in the first two preseason games, but the former first-round pick has turned in mostly solid showings in practice, while veteran Kelly Holcomb has struggled mightily at times.

In a Tuesday night practice, Holcomb was 16 of 22, but threw three ugly interceptions, fumbled once and was sacked twice. Losman was 15-of-23 during the same practice, but did not have a turnover. Losman winning the job is the best good development Buffalo could hope for. The Bills need to find out one way or another this year what they have in him before they can move forward as an organization. Having Holcomb, a 10th-year veteran, as the starter would be applying a band-aid to the position.

Don't know how much credibility Don has, but these articles are starting to lean towards JP.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 05:48 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/08/09/postcard.bills/index.html

1. We're not expecting Bills head coach Dick Jauron to come out and declare a winner just yet, but the dots are starting to get connected in favor of quarterback J.P. Losman. Losman could still jeopardize his standing with shaky performances in the first two preseason games, but the former first-round pick has turned in mostly solid showings in practice, while veteran Kelly Holcomb has struggled mightily at times.

In a Tuesday night practice, Holcomb was 16 of 22, but threw three ugly interceptions, fumbled once and was sacked twice. Losman was 15-of-23 during the same practice, but did not have a turnover. Losman winning the job is the best good development Buffalo could hope for. The Bills need to find out one way or another this year what they have in him before they can move forward as an organization. Having Holcomb, a 10th-year veteran, as the starter would be applying a band-aid to the position.

Don't know how much credibility Don has, but these articles are starting to lean towards JP.

He is dead on

THE END OF ALL DAYS
08-09-2006, 05:52 PM
so who is right? Don Banks or that guys sister who was at camp, that said JP sucked?

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
so who is right? Don Banks or that guys sister who was at camp, that said JP sucked?

LMAO yeah the guy with something like 24 posts sister is teh expert here:bandwagon

Jan Reimers
08-09-2006, 06:06 PM
We all know that starting JP is not only the most logical, but the thing that is in the Bills best interst. I only hope that Jauron will end this travesty soon, so that JP can begin to get the reps and playing time to develop into a first rate QB.

Holcomb is a waste in anything but a backup role.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 06:21 PM
We all know that starting JP is not only the most logical, but the thing that is in the Bills best interst. I only hope that Jauron will end this travesty soon, so that JP can begin to get the reps and playing time to develop into a first rate QB.

Holcomb is a waste in anything but a backup role.

Just as important, keep the reigns on the veterans and their mouths. Its not about their personal careers, but about the team.

djjimkelly
08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
this banks guy knows that captain checkdown isnt starting qb material an that JP is. hopefully the brains in our organization know it too

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 06:50 PM
LMAO yeah the guy with something like 24 posts sister is teh expert here:bandwagon

Ice, Ice, baby. Just reporting what two eyes see at camp. She said he looked like the same jumpy goofball we had last year. i will wait till i see for myself Sunday morning. For what its worth, my vote is baptism by fire for JP.

On the bright side, my sister said Roscoe was looking awesome and the D was overall impressive.

Michael82
08-09-2006, 07:43 PM
Ice, Ice, baby. Just reporting what two eyes see at camp. She said he looked like the same jumpy goofball we had last year. i will wait till i see for myself Sunday morning. For what its worth, my vote is baptism by fire for JP.

On the bright side, my sister said Roscoe was looking awesome and the D was overall impressive.
well then no offense but your sister must have not watched much of him last year. Because I have seen a different JP than last year. This one is not a jumpy goofball that runs on every play. This one is more of a leader and takes charge at the line and in the huddle. This one is starting to develop nice relationships with the starting OL and is growing each day. This one also looks a helluva a lot better than the one I saw last year in camp.

TacklingDummy
08-09-2006, 07:50 PM
I hope JP is starter opening day against NE.

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 08:09 PM
well then no offense but your sister must have not watched much of him last year. Because I have seen a different JP than last year. This one is not a jumpy goofball that runs on every play. This one is more of a leader and takes charge at the line and in the huddle. This one is starting to develop nice relationships with the starting OL and is growing each day. This one also looks a helluva a lot better than the one I saw last year in camp.

I know you've been there more than she has. I hope you are right.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 08:11 PM
No now mike his sister is the expert remember

Dozerdog
08-09-2006, 08:15 PM
I've never met this sister or seen her post.

She's still more knowlegeable than Ice

Michael82
08-09-2006, 08:17 PM
I know you've been there more than she has. I hope you are right.
I hope I am too. :pray:

HHURRICANE
08-09-2006, 08:50 PM
I hope I am too. :pray:

As much as I want to see Losman as the starter I think you had better prepare yourself for Holcomb. Outside of Buffalo, most of the media sees Jauron going with Holcomb. I just heard it again tonight with Jerry "I shouldn't be on the radio" Rice and Adam Shine.

Hammertime
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
As much as I want to see Losman as the starter I think you had better prepare yourself for Holcomb. Outside of Buffalo, most of the media sees Jauron going with Holcomb. I just heard it again tonight with Jerry "I shouldn't be on the radio" Rice and Adam Shine.

If true, that can only be because nobody has any confidence in JP, even JP. Then again, outside of Buffalo, nobody knows anything.

PcA125
08-09-2006, 09:00 PM
most people outside of buffalo didnt even watch the games, they are just forming their opinions on what was in the books. A lot dont seem to know anything about either QB

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 09:08 PM
most people outside of buffalo didnt even watch the games, they are just forming their opinions on what was in the books. A lot dont seem to know anything about either QB

AND All veterans / former players/ Veterans ALWAYS say play the veteran period. They quickly forget how they were rookies and younger players and they were given their shot and allowed to DEVELOP.

TigerJ
08-09-2006, 10:21 PM
There are still a number of guys that are reasoning out the QB situation like this: Start JP now - win later, start Holcomb now - win now. If they would listen to the preponderance of reports coming out of traininng, that is sounding more and more like a moot point. Judging by training camp alone, JP is already a better QB than Holcomb. The choice seems to be more fundamental. Start JP and have a chance to win now and later. Start Holcomb - lose period.

TacklingDummy
08-10-2006, 05:55 AM
There are still a number of guys that are reasoning out the QB situation like this: Start JP now - win later, start Holcomb now - win now. If they would listen to the preponderance of reports coming out of traininng, that is sounding more and more like a moot point. Judging by training camp alone, JP is already a better QB than Holcomb. The choice seems to be more fundamental. Start JP and have a chance to win now and later. Start Holcomb - lose period.

Did the Bills play any pre-season games yet? Pre-season practice means next to nothing. I want to see how they do in games. Against real opponents. We already established that JP is a All-Pro practice QB. I want a good QB when it comes to actual games, not practice.