PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Williams is ready to make his move

KW Fan
08-09-2006, 06:48 PM
KW's confidence is growing and he feels like he is appreciated for a rookie.

He understands what he has to do.....watch him solidify the 3rd D-Tackle Spot and push for a starting role.

KW FAN

Dozerdog
08-09-2006, 06:53 PM
I hope so. These kids at DT need to step up ASAP

Goobylal
08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Yeah, it's nice to hear that KW and McCargo are looking good. Makes me feel better about the present and future of the DT position.

Michael82
08-09-2006, 07:37 PM
I've been very impressed with Kyle Williams. He's been getting good penetration against the OL and has made a few nice plays. He's also a nice guy too. I got my photo taken with him the other day. :up:

KW Fan
08-09-2006, 10:31 PM
He is an impact player that Buffalo stole in the 5th......he didn't make the eye test and people seemed to forget his quickness and strength.

He is very proud to be a Buffalo Bill and I hope Bills Fans will support him...

He will kick ass....That is all he knows.

KW F

MTBillsFan
08-09-2006, 10:41 PM
He is an impact player that Buffalo stole in the 5th......he didn't make the eye test and people seemed to forget his quickness and strength.

KW F

Does one really need to see that far playing DT? Look at the ball and go! A safety or Corner I could believe about eye site. Whatever, if he works out all the better:jig:

Tatonka
08-09-2006, 10:47 PM
um.. by eye test.. i got the impression that KW fan ment that when you look at KW, he doesnt look like your stud DT.. he doesnt bench press 50 reps, doesnt run the 40 in 4.6, isnt 6'4, 320 lbs..

but the kid can play.

funny thing is.. it seems like what we are getting from him so far, is kind of what i always thought we would get from anderson.

has KW looked better than Mcargo?

Dozerdog
08-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Does one really need to see that far playing DT? Look at the ball and go! A safety or Corner I could believe about eye site. Whatever, if he works out all the better:jig:The eye test is a term used by scouts. He doesn't look like your normal DT.

It has nothing to do with an eye chart...lol

Tatonka
08-09-2006, 10:50 PM
The eye test is a term used by scouts. He doesn't look like your normal DT.

It has nothing to do with an eye chart...lol

yeah.. what he said.

:honda:

Dozerdog
08-09-2006, 10:51 PM
:hi5:

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 10:59 PM
No in my opinion Williams hasn;t looked better than McCargo, but with that said I think I have noticed him more than I have Tim Andersen. Kyle Williams and John McCargo have both looked good to me, and like someone else said I feel a lot better about our DT situation now than I did before. Both guys are hard workers that get off the snap quickly which is exactly what we ask of them in our defense. This draft class is looking insanely talented so far. I just hope in two years or maybe even one that we can all give a big F U to all those people that were hatin' on our draft.

Tatonka
08-09-2006, 11:09 PM
yeah.. i cant say i dislike any of our picks.

Goobylal
08-10-2006, 10:34 AM
No in my opinion Williams hasn;t looked better than McCargo, but with that said I think I have noticed him more than I have Tim Andersen. Kyle Williams and John McCargo have both looked good to me, and like someone else said I feel a lot better about our DT situation now than I did before. Both guys are hard workers that get off the snap quickly which is exactly what we ask of them in our defense. This draft class is looking insanely talented so far. I just hope in two years or maybe even one that we can all give a big F U to all those people that were hatin' on our draft.
Well then the haytas will say that "well, they could have picked these guys later than they did..."

Jan Reimers
08-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Williams was a steal in the 5th round and should be a good rotational DT this year.

ryjam282
08-10-2006, 11:28 AM
I agree with Jan on this one. He will fit in nicely with what they are trying to do at DT this year.

Tatonka
08-10-2006, 11:46 AM
i hope that KW turns into what hovan was w/ the vikes early in his career and what he has reimmerged as w/ tampa.

RoanokeVABillsFan
08-10-2006, 01:28 PM
I was at the 8/3 night practice and the DL was doing foot speed drills right in front of us. These were things like running over and around staggered pads layed out on the field. This guy completely stood out with his foot speed. Don't know how that will translate to line play, but it was obvious there is talent there.

Bill Brasky
08-10-2006, 02:04 PM
He's also a nice guy too. I got my photo taken with him the other day. :up:

:rofl: :limp:

Don't Panic
08-10-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm feeling pretty good about where we're at DT-wise. In fact, if healthy, I think the D is in really good shape. It's all coming down to the QB position... if we are productive there, I think we will have a suprisingly good season.

Saratoga Slim
08-10-2006, 03:40 PM
I'm feeling pretty good about where we're at DT-wise. In fact, if healthy, I think the D is in really good shape. It's all coming down to the QB position... if we are productive there, I think we will have a suprisingly good season.

I'd back up a little on that. I think we need three things to have a respectable season

a) Productive QB play
b) At least a moderate improvement from last year's OL
c) At least a moderate improvement from the DTs

QB and OL play are obvious and well discussed needs. However, I still think this offense is a year or so and a couple players away from really hitting stride. I think that under the best of circumstances, we can't expect anything more than a moderately successfull passing game this season. if we can just pass well enough to prevent defenses from stacking the box every play, that's OK for now. I'm not holding out any hope for an offensive explosion.

However, if the combination of the new attacking system and the additions of Triplett/McCargo/Williams can provide even a moderate upgrade on the Defensive line play, I think that will translate into a VERY solid defense. LBs will be excellant, especially if TKO can play at anywhere near normal. Secondary has the potential to be among the better ones in the league. Some better play from the DTs and the defense could be much improved over last year.

With a solid defense and an at least competent offense, we can be consistently competitive. That's really all I'm hoping for this season. I can wait until 2007 for complete domination.

ublinkwescore
08-10-2006, 03:43 PM

KW F

That post made me giggle like a little old lady.

May he rip Tom Brady's head off first time he sets foot on the field with Tom Brady on the other side of the line of scrimmage.

BillsFever21
08-10-2006, 05:30 PM
:rofl: :limp:

:snicker:

Don't Panic
08-10-2006, 06:58 PM
I'd back up a little on that. I think we need three things to have a respectable season

a) Productive QB play
b) At least a moderate improvement from last year's OL
c) At least a moderate improvement from the DTs

QB and OL play are obvious and well discussed needs. However, I still think this offense is a year or so and a couple players away from really hitting stride. I think that under the best of circumstances, we can't expect anything more than a moderately successfull passing game this season. if we can just pass well enough to prevent defenses from stacking the box every play, that's OK for now. I'm not holding out any hope for an offensive explosion.

However, if the combination of the new attacking system and the additions of Triplett/McCargo/Williams can provide even a moderate upgrade on the Defensive line play, I think that will translate into a VERY solid defense. LBs will be excellant, especially if TKO can play at anywhere near normal. Secondary has the potential to be among the better ones in the league. Some better play from the DTs and the defense could be much improved over last year.

With a solid defense and an at least competent offense, we can be consistently competitive. That's really all I'm hoping for this season. I can wait until 2007 for complete domination.

I'm with you on that... should have mentioned the O line, but I guess my point was that a solid year from Losman or whoever would take pressure off the line and McGahee and change the way that teams will have to play us. O line/QB is kind of a chicken/egg debate, but I see the opportunity for overall team improvement falling more on Losman's shoulders than anyone else's.