PDA

View Full Version : I have to admit

Devin
08-09-2006, 09:00 PM
The more I see/read the more id like to see Gibson given a shot at RG.

What a mammoth guy he is, if he is busting his ass I think he and Peters could be a hell of a right side.

Gandy-Reyes-Fowler-Gibson-Peters.

Maybe its just me but I see some serious potential in that line.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
I think what we will see bud is him be the backup at both positions esp next year and Villarial will be gone.

Devin
08-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Fowler by all accounts is a very physical "mauler" at C which we certainly need, Reyes no matter how little is still an upgrade at LG.

Peters we all know about, while Villerial is servicable I really think if Gibson has the heart/dedication he could be a solid starting calibur RG.

ICE74129
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Fowler by all accounts is a very physical "mauler" at C which we certainly need, Reyes no matter how little is still an upgrade at LG.

Peters we all know about, while Villerial is servicable I really think if Gibson has the heart/dedication he could be a solid starting calibur RG.

Oh I have no doubt.

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 10:09 PM
He has looked ood to me at camp. I wouldn't mind seeing him in there with the first team.

TigerJ
08-09-2006, 10:12 PM

On WGR today, Paul Hamilton (Bills beat reporter) said there have been times when Fowler has been pushed back into the QB much like Teague in the past. It may be he's actually more like a poor man's Trey Teague than anything else. At least he signed for center money and not tackle money. I'm not trying to burst your bubble, but it might be wise to at least see him in game action before annointing him the next Kent Hull. He expressed less concern about Reyes.

MTBillsFan
08-09-2006, 10:44 PM
IF Gibson can live up to his former 1st round selection, we'd be in great shape. He needs a chance and a change of scernery. He got hurt out of the gate and never got a chance to get back into shape.

GO BILLS

BuffaloBillsStampede
08-09-2006, 11:04 PM
If we could get a guy Gibson's size in there next to Fowler it might help Fowler getting pushed around some. Fowler really isn't that big in my opinion, so maybe they should give it a look.

Tatonka
08-09-2006, 11:39 PM
i think that if the line looks ****ty in preseason, it will get shuffled.

TigerJ
08-10-2006, 12:05 AM
If we could get a guy Gibson's size in there next to Fowler it might help Fowler getting pushed around some. Fowler really isn't that big in my opinion, so maybe they should give it a look.

Months ago someone posted that signing Fowler gave Buffalo a significant upgrade in size and strength at the center position. In response, I posted that Teague was listed as 6'5" and 305 lbs, while Fowler is listed at 6'3" and 295. For some reason the guy who made the assertion about Fowler never responded. The opinion that Fowler is bigger is baseless, yet it persists. I don't dislilke the guy. I think he gives Buffalo at least equal talent to Teague without costing as much, but I could easily see Buffalo needing to upgrade in a year or two. I do think Gibson is going to push hard for playing time and the obvious spot is at right guard, where Villarrial's durability and effectiveness is starting to be questioned

SABURZFAN
08-10-2006, 03:23 AM
What a mammoth guy he is, if he is busting his ass I think he and Peters could be a hell of a right side.

as big as they both are,you would think that it would take a couple days to get around them.

don137
08-10-2006, 07:26 AM
From everything I read about Fowler is he is another Teague only younger. I never heard one rave review about how he did in Miinseota last year. All I hear is how Minnesota's line will be much better this year with Birk back in the line up. Now I understand Birk is a great center but my guess is we will hear a lot of the same complaints about Fowler that we heard about Teague.
How has Reyes looked in pre-season?
This OL will face a huge challenge against the front four of Carolina. They have two immovable DT's and Rucker and Peppers at the end.

Mudflap1
08-10-2006, 08:35 AM
Good posting. Once again people are jumping to conclusions that the line will be much better. I hope so, but how do we know that? We still have several unknowns on this team. Peters and Villarial are the closest we have to sure things, and considering one is an injury-proned veteran getting up there in age, and the other is an undrafted free agent that a had a few halfway decent games on a 5-11 team, that is worrisome. As I put in another thread, people are putting a lot of eggs in Gibson's, Reyes', and Fowler's baskets. That's fine, but I remember putting eggs in Bennie Anderson's and Mike Williams' basket last year. That didn't turn out well. Let's not make the same mistake twice and get ahead of ourselves.

Jon

HHURRICANE
08-10-2006, 09:21 AM

I have been impressed with Gibson as well but I would have liked to see him take some reps at LT. Jauron isn't going to sit Villareal until some point during the season so Gibson is going to be #2 on the depth chart for sure.

Kerr
08-10-2006, 09:31 AM
I've heard nothing from villariel at all during camp. All the noise is coming from aaron gibson. I really hope the guy wins the RG spot in camp. He'd surely be the biggest story in the media. Former #1 pick who finally finds his a home.

HHURRICANE
08-10-2006, 09:34 AM
How about: Gandy-Reyes-Villareal-Gibson-Peters

2nd Line: Pennington-Jerman-Fowler-Preston-Butler

acehole
08-10-2006, 09:36 AM
If it where up to me. If JP starts I would put A Gibson at RT and J Peters at LT....and the next best prospect at RG. JP can scramble through the growing pains. If We start the wash up then that line would be better.......